PAL Winter 2010/2011 Mummies Group

hey ladies sorry have not been on in a while, been a bit hectic lol a few bits of news for you all :) Cameron is finally now 11lbs6 1/2 oz :happydance: didnt think he was ever gonna reach 11lbs lol he is now on Lactose free milk aswell as gaviscon so hoping it helps with the projectile vomiting :) :)
i got my acceptance letter today for college so i am going back to studying :) i am doing an access to pediatric nursing :) :) :) yay :happydance:
last bit of news lol i only have 5 days left till i get married :cloud9: cant wait :)

how are you all keeping? hows everyones los?

xxx

:hi: ladies!

Happy Christening Day to Chloe :D
Fantastic news on going back to studying Kirstie, I would love to go back and do midwifery but I don't have the guts :nope: Bet you can't wait for your wedding, such an amazing day :cloud9:

Btw, can anyone recommend a decent highchair? I LOVE the Bloom Fresco one, but at £250 it's way out of our price range unfortunately :(

Happy christening day to chloe!

Yay wantabean! Good weight there! AND yay for almost your wedding day! You must be super excited! :flower:

Well.. my Dh is on the plane back to overseas :cry: :sad2: :cry: It was the hardest thing I have ever done. It broke my heart to see DH say goodbye to our baby boy. It's not fair. Just not fair. well, back to being a single parent..

wow - so far ( don't dare count my chickens!! ) the swaddling seems to be helping - Friday night he was fed at 7.30pm and asleep for 8pm - oh had him swaddled downstairs and he went to 12.30am with a couple of stirrings - oh just had to pick him up to quickly sooth him. I fed him at 12.30 and he was asleep for 1am - after I got him swaddled and in his crib for 1.30 I went to sleep ( amazing!!!! not sat up with him staring at the wardrobe!! ) the next thing it was 5am!!! he was stirring so I popped to the loo and picked him up - he fell back to sleep - I thought he'd be up in a mo so just cuddled him - he slept till 6am so he had 2 5 hour periods between feed!!

Yesterday grandparents came round so we had a nice walk - Ollie was reasonably chilled - have taken him off the infacol and he seems much better - he has also gone down to one big poo a day from 5!! - last night was pretty much the same but he did wake at 5am.

Thing is - last 2 days he hasn't napped ( despite my best attempts - he would do 10-30 mins then he'd wake up... today he's had longer naps - so hoping it doesn't impact tonight too much....

Also - Ollie is now 12lb 1.5 oz and we are going to baby massage tomorrow :)

Thats awesome H!!! I sooo wish Liam would do that! We start bed time routine at 9pm, but he doesnt really go to sleep until 12pm. Then he wakes up 330-430 and then up every 2 hours to feed after that. BUT he does this until 10am. But I'd like to get more sleep time without waking, and get him to sleep sooner. I get so tired. And also, tonight is the first night of me doing the routine without DH, so I hope I can stick with it and make it work!

thanka guys :) yeah im suer excited :)
thats great Hb1!! cam gets swaddled too everynight and we have the whole sleeping thing down to a t :) it doesnt work for evry1 but im glad you have found it works :)
wish2be, i normally suck at sticking to the routine if im on my own but ill keep my fingers crossed u stay strong lol
how is everyone?
xxx

Hope Chloes christening went well.

Wantabean hope you have an amazing wedding day, how much Gaviscon does Cameron have, Eleanor has one sachet a day (first bottle) and Carobel in all her others.

We don't really have a bedtime routine really, just feed her at about 7.30 (she never has more than a couple of ozs and I give her the rest when shes asleep) and then put her to bed. Her afternoon naps are all over the place so sometimes shes asleep from 5.30/6 and its hard to keep her awake before bed. Shes gone 8 till almost 6, 5 nights out of the last 6 though so not complaining, she does wake up a few times but we ignore her unless she cries properly.

Had the first proper nappy expolsion yesterday evening, it was nearly up to the back of her neck and all over the changing mat, had to try and wipe her down then put her in the bath.

Hey ladies

Very exciting about your wedding Kirstie, hope you have a wonderful day hun.

Wish, sorry to hear hubby has had to go back, when will he return? Have to say, Liam is one scrummy baby on your avatar!

So glad the sleep situation has improved h, makes a massive difference to how you function during the day doesn't it?

Eleanor sounds like a champion sleeper Sea! Who needs routine when she'll go that long?!

AFM, both Florence and I have colds so feeling a bit sorry for ourselves. It's made her a bit more inclined to nap during the day so I need to make the most of it and nap too. Sleep isn't bad - 10 till 5 last night, woke around 2 but we ignored her and she dropped off again. Evening screaming continues so might try giving her bedtime bottle at 9.30 this evening instead and see what happens. Do any of you dreamfeed?

xxx

Hi girls,
Hope Ollie enjoyed baby massage h! We go every friday and I get peed on every week without fail!
Hope the routine went well Kim :hugs:

Uggg, we had a crappy night sleep wise last night! He fell asleep at 7pm (after having a bottle at 6) Normally he'd nap til 8ish then he'd have another 4oz. But lastnight he didn't wake :dohh: So needed feeding at 11.30. Then he moaned and whinged his way through til 5am when I fed him again. Then up for the day at 6.30. I know some of you will be thinking thats not a bad night but for Archie it is. We've been spoilt so we're really not used to sleep deprivation anymore!

Hope everyone is well x

Glad his weight is good wannabean and hope your wedding is perfect :D

Glad some of the babies seem to be sleeping better :D

Chloe's christening was amazing 70 people turned up both to the service and the reception. Went out for a meal with some of my family the night before which was nice to catch up as they live 3-4 hours away from us so dont get down often. Chloe slept all the way through her christening and didnt even stir when the vicar put the water on her head :haha: but it meant she was awake for all the photos and everything afterwards which was lovely. She was really spoilt got so many pressies we have got to find homes from along with £110. And my auntie also brough her loads of clothes worth £50 from tesco just as a pressie( also got her a christening pressie) she said they brought her the clothes down as they didnt get her anything when she was born. Will get some pics posted when we get them off my mum (she did all the proffesional photos for free :D )

Also i finally got round to putting my 5month breastfeeding blinking on here 9days late :haha: im so proud as i never thought i was gonna be able to breastfed but its one of the things i wanted to do most. Also means ive been breastfeeding for over a month with chloe having teeth, and so many people tried to put me off breastfeeding once she got teeth

So glad you had a fab christening Phillipa :) How do you do the bf milestones?

AFM What do you reckon to Ollie's thankyou card picture?

Attachments

• bunso.jpg
    bunso.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 4
So glad you had a fab christening Phillipa :) How do you do the bf milestones?

AFM What do you reckon to Ollie's thankyou card picture?

I love the thankyou cards :D

and here is the link you just copy the image code from the correct month pic into your siggie on here
https://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v609/sublime_envy/BFing Blinkies/

Lovely picture h, how cute.

How's everyone's babies doing with the time change, Eleanor went to bed a little bit later last night and woke at 6 this morning bet she thought it was 5 though.

Also is 3 months too early to start teething? x

Lovely picture h, how cute.

How's everyone's babies doing with the time change, Eleanor went to bed a little bit later last night and woke at 6 this morning bet she thought it was 5 though.

Also is 3 months too early to start teething? x

The time changed knocked chloe out, she slept for 1 and half hours all at once yesterday day time which never happens for her in the day. And other than that its not really effected her, we put her to bed at 8pm which is her normal bed time (so would have actually been 7pm) expectin gher to maybe wake up slightly ealry this morning but she slept until 8am which i didnt mind at all.

And no chloe was teething from 8weeks old like red cheecks ect as the teeth move around under the gums a while before they come through, she got her 1st tooth actually through the gum 1day after turning 4months and the 2nd a day after that

Thanks she won't let me feel in her mouth but I've noticed shes had red cheeks a few times the last couple of days and dribbling a lot too x

Yes chloe didnt let us feel in her mouth often suppose we wouldnt like it either though, and yes her teeth properly moving around under the gums causing the red cheeks.

What do you use for chloe's gums Philippa? Have you tried those powder sachet thingys? Are they any good? I'm thinking of trying Archie with them.

I love the thank you cards H! Liam does that kissy face too :)

So not looking forward to teething. Good luck ladies! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->