PAL Winter 2010/2011 Mummies Group

I use the dreft stain remover pre-treatment. It seems to work okay, but lemons and baking soda work best on tough stains like messy poopoos!

Ladies.. I NEED some help! Liam is still waking about 3 times a night! HELP! We did just do a ton of traveling.. but that was 2 weeks ago! Surely he'd go back to sttn soon right? What can I do? I want to BLW so I don't know if I can do rice yet as he has to feed himself.. any advice is very welcome! I'm so tired :(

Is he in his own room wish? We had similar probs after a weekend away. We lasted a week then moved her to her own room and she started going 10 hours again. xxx

Archie also slept a lot better once in his own room Wish.
Lou we've used Aptamil since birth, he was on comfort but when I started to wean we switched him to Aptamil 1, no probs atall with it :thumbup: x

Re: rice
You can offer it, 99% will end up on floor but its all learning about new stuff for them. Only put about a teaspoon of rice out ir ull b cleanin it up for days

Sunlight?

Which milk are you using ladies? Am starting to think about introducing formula...

xxx

Yep it gets poo stains out of nappies and got fatty tomato stains out of a White bib the other day, just by hanging on the line!

We switched from Hipp 1 to Hipp 3 but now on Aptamil 3 and the sickness is less x

Now you come to mention it, when it was sunny (seems so long ago) and I managed to hang my washing on the line, poo stains did seem easier to get out. Just need the sun to come back - horrible day here today.

Thanks for the milk recommendations. Sickness was yucky again today, just pours out of her mouth. Seems to happen around 5pm and when she's in her car seat - something to do with the angle maybe? Today was courgette - lovely green stains.

xxx

Thanks all! yes.. I think it might be time to move Liam to his own room. Sigh! How did my little boy get so big?

Jo, how do I offer it? Do I put some on his tray? I'm going to buy a BLW book tomorrow. I think I need to learn more about the guidlines and such. Is 20 weeks too early to offer?

xx

It made me sad to move Florence but it has worked - good luck wish! xxx

i just put everythig on his tray,

20w might be a bit early for sucess with rice, but its worth a try, take a peek in my photo albums anything after april is bound to include at least 1 BLW pic lol

I find wilko own brand stain remover is really good better than vanish on chloe's clothes in my opinion. And yes sunning out stains also works its what people use for cloth nappies :D
I'm afraid i cant help on the sickness as chloe was only ever sick with milk and her sickness pretty much went at 6months.

TripleB is there a paticluar reason you wanna introduce formula, does florance have EBM? and they say aptimil is the closest for breastfed baby's but diffrent baby's are good on diffrent milks.

im having my 1st AF in like 3months and its like the most painful i think ive had an AF ive got hot water bottle on back and tummy :(

Hey philippa. At the moment she has a bottle of EBM given by Daddy as the last feed of the day. I am bored of pumping every day though and have picked the 6-month mark to stop pumping. I'm going to swap the EBM bottle for formula - she has had the odd bit of aptimil mixed with EBM when I haven't pumped a full feed already. I'm going to keep BF the rest of her feeds for a while and drop down slowly with the aim of being fully weaned onto formula by 9 months when I start thinking about going back to work - boo hiss....

I do hope Florence's sickness goes at 6 months!

Sorry to hear about AF :hugs: - still waiting for mine...

xxx

Aww yes i know what you mean about having the express milk every day i only have a manual pump so takes forever. And tbh its kinda pointless as she dont really drink bottles. However someone suggested if she was teething give her cold ebm straight from the fridge and atm, she is sat with her daddy playing/drinking a cold bottle shes had about 1oz but as its not been heated up and as long as its not out fridge too long can go back in fridge. Im just so glad we found a way she will take bottle even if its only an ounce or two she will take a bit so when i leave her when i start uni when she 11months even if she doesnt have much she may have 1 or 2oz a few times a day so i wont worry as much :D

That's interesting about the cold EBM and teething, will remember that - although no sign if any teeth yet! xxx

Yes i had never heard of it but thought it would give it a try.
She did take like 5oz when my sister looked after her the other week but that was like after about 10 hours of me not being there so no milk. but this was like 2 hours after milk so shows she getting used to it. But at same times makes me feel like i aint needede any more :cry: at 1st she never had milk from anyone but me but now anyone can :cry:

:hugs: phillipa xxx

your totally needed, the best feeds are always the cuddled up ones with mummy, even as adults, our mums home cooking is always the best, even than posh restaureants,

Mums rock!

Oooh just spotted this group and would love to join! My piglet was born 4wks prem on 4th Jan 2011 at 5.30am weighing 5lbs 14oz. First baby, definitely wasn't properly prepared for the adventure lol!

Welcome Violet!
How are we all ladies? Another unsettled night for us, not sure what's going on with the little guy - teeth, not eating enough during the day?? Hoping it's just a phase as I'm shattered.
Wish are you OK?x

I am right there with you on the sleeping front Kimmy. I don't know what on earth is going on with him! I think teething?

I'm doing okay. I had a colposcopy and a biopsy of my cervix yeterday. Owwww!! Im still bleeding and cramping :(. Keeping my fingers crossed it's just regular abnormal cells and not precancerus. How are you doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->