• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PAL Winter 2010/2011 Mummies Group

Hi been so busy not been on for ages as had so much to do , and trying to stimulate chloe when she is awake.
What have i missed?

I got one good bit of news when i had my asthma check i found out i weight less than before i got pregnant i really cant believe it

hi all :wave:
yeah am doing great :) starting to get the hang of this being a mum malarky lol
so any advice on how to get a bed time routine? lol
xxx

I personally find you have to be tough and not let your heart rule your head. I let chloe cry herself to sleep as long as she doesnt cry for more than 10-15mins. With me chloe doesnt go to bed until 10pm then she will sleep through most of the time but you may wanna put him to bed earlier thats up to you. I also find using a special blanket or baby sleeping bag just at night time helps chloe realise its night time.

Hope you manage to get him into a routine,

o my this is gona be hard lol i cant bare to listen to him crying lol need to just get it done lol he normally falls asleep lying on my chest then i put him in his bed wen i go. so bad i know and now i cant get him to lie in his own bed. deary me lol

Morning girls! Had a traumatic few weeks struggling with BF and made the decision yesterday to slowly move to FF. Feel much better already.

I've also been weaning him off the co-sleeping and he spent all last night in his basket! Hes getting better at falling asleep on his own too xx

Well done Nic! And as for the FF thing, you're doing the right thing - and such a good start for little D with 6 weeks BF :hugs:
Archie had a good night last night too, we're trying to form a bedtime routine but it's difficult. At the moment it's last feed (around 8-9) upstairs with light dimmed, he has half of that then into the bath, then finishes feed and sometimes nursed to sleep - other times put straight into basket (he's usally sleepy anyway). So last night he slept from 9:45pm-3.15am, feed+change and back in basket at 3:40am-6:45am, feed+change and back in basket 7:30am-9am :cloud9: Would have got up at 7:30 but I was shattered (me and OH have resumed the bonking :haha: and thought it would be a good idea to have a sesh at 3:45am :wacko: - tired!)
Had Archie weighed yesterday, 13lb 1oz! I asked the HV if he's too fat and she said he's dong really well and to keep doing what I'm doing so thats put my mind at rest some.
How's everyone doing?x

Hi All

Eleanor is 2 weeks old today, we have been discharged from the midwife finally (they were concerned about mild jaundice but it seems to have gone) :).

She now weighs 7lb 5oz, so 8.5oz over birth weight already, not suprised as shes always hungry xx

glad you been signed off midwife sea

Tulip you fed did the right thing if BF isnt working well and you given d a good start doing it for 6weeks x

We chanced chloes routine from her going to be the sleep closest to 10 to the sleep closet to 7 and she now sleeps from 7til about 5.45 which is really good.
We got her weight at 3 months exactly and she weight 13;bs 5ox health visitor couldnt beleive it on exclusive breastmilk

Also chloe learnt to roll over this morning so proud of her :cloud9: :cloud9:

Woohoo - I found you! Can you add me Jo? (Florence was born on 2nd Jan @ 8.53 by emergency c-section, weighing 9lbs3oz).

Will have to read through the thread and catch up on the news. All is well with us, starting to feel more settled. Breastfeeding has been a struggle but I think we might have cracked it now. Florence is gaining weight - looking forward to seeing the health visitor next week to see just how much, she's been such a milk monster the last few days and seems to be cluster feeding in the evenings and sleeping 5/6 hours at night (on Daddy - still need to conquer the moses basket). Hubby goes back to work on Tues - wish paternity leave was longer...

xxx

Hi Louise, I've been waiting for you to join us :D
Well done with the BF! And well done Florence for sleeping 5/6 hrs, that is brill! Such a shame the hubbys have to go back to work so soon :( You and Florence will be fine though hun, I found it was nice to get into our own little routine even though I missed DH.

Well done Chloe on the rolling over, clever girl!

Me and Archie have started going to a group at our local surestart centre called Bumps and Babies (for pregnant women and pre-walkers) It is really good! Archie just laid there on the mat taking it all in, he was so content. Looking forward to going again next week. We've got the dreaded first jabs next week, not looking forward to those (seeing as I cried when the midwife gave him the vitamin K when he was born :blush:) We're also up at the hospital for a scan of his hips to check that they developed properly due to him being breech.

Jo I forgot to tell you, that shampoo is called Capasal and it bloody stinks! How is Maddox? Has his cradle cap cleared up?

Another mental cluster-feeding evening and finally asleep at 1am. She slept until 8am - sounds great BUT on Daddy all night again - moses basket is a no-no. Don't know what we're going to do when hubby is back at work on Tues...

I really need to check out what groups are on in the local area. Meeting my NCT group on Thursday so that's a start.

Kimmy - do you drive? Just wondering how long you left it after your section?

xxx

I drove after 4 weeks Lou, I felt physically fine so just went with it! How are you feeling? Will Florence not sleep in her basket?x

cameron wont sleep in his basket either :( i need to put him in his big cot and i sleep on his floor lol

Archie's getting too big for his basket, need to put him in the crib this week :/

She'll sleep in there during the day but point blank refuses at night. DH is back to work tomorrow so its not fair on him to have her with him all night. May have to put the cot up in our room this weekend. Crikey Kirstie you must be knackered if you're sleeping on the floor.

I'm feeling good Kimmy, have stopped taking the painkillers and doing fine without them. Think I'll leave it another few weeks so will be 4 weeks before I drive - better safe than sorry I suppose!

xxx

D wouldn't sleep in his basket at first and would also sleep on daddy. Progressed that to falling asleep on a pillow in daddy's arms and transferring pillow to sofa while daddy slept on the floor. That became pillow in Moses basket and eventually we managed to do without the pillow. Took about 3 weeks!

Have you tried warming the basket before you put her down? D also didnt like being on his back and preferred his side (not best practice, I know, but the movement monitor gives me some confidence).

D is also getting a bit big for his basket, more to do with the wriggling than anything, and will be in his own room within a couple of weeks (massive cot won't fit in ours!)

Heather had her little dude this morning! Another Ollie, she's managed to beat H! :haha:

Lou, check out your local Surestart centre, I have groups up there 3 days a week! Baby Bounce Giggle & Wiggle tomorrow :)

I took D to work today, he was AMAZING, happy to be cuddled by anyone and must've sat happily in the arms of 20 different people :cloud9: Been a long day though - 9am til 5:30pm out of the house. I'm knackered and in the bath before he has his!

Love all round xxx

I'll definately try those tricks tonight Nic, pillow at the ready.

I know there's a surestart centre up the road so will check that out. So many little chores to do tomorrow, reality bites!

Good Dillon, nothing like showing off your little one!

xxx

Lou we go to Bumps and Babies group at our local surestart centre, it's really good!
Well done little D :cloud9:
Archie's firrst jabs tomorrow, not looking forward to it :nope: then thursday is his ultrasound scan, poor little dude!

Hope the jabs have gone ok Kimmy. First day by ourselves going well (after another crap night - see below!). Just made my appointment for 6 week check at the GP, filled out the child benefit form, called the diabetes midwife about follow-up GTT to check the diabetes has gone and booked my car in for a service - that's enough for one day (apart from checking out the surestart stuff)! Might attempt a walk to Tesco later...

Had a moment in the middle of the night when she wouldn't stop crying. DH was desperately trying to get some sleep with work today, I had fed for for an hour 11.30 to 12.30 and she was hungry again by 2am! DH topped her up with formula as I sat there sobbing. My boobs were sore, my eyes itchy, totally knackered and my c-section scar started hurting - all too much. One of those moments I think, feeling fine now as the little cherub sleeps in her bouncer!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"