PAL Winter babies (December to February ish)

Looks like I'll need to be taken off the list. I miscarried last night at 12 weeks. Godspeed, little Iggy. You were loved so very much.

So very sorry Mauser :hugs:, thinking of you

So So sorry Mauser.. big hugs to you and your family...

Mauser I wish there was something I could say to take your pain away. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Thank you, everyone. I think we are doing as well as can be expected. I had started to spot at 11w1d. Things got worse, but little Iggy still had a strong heartbeat even Friday night (186-191). I woke up Saturday starting to pass grey tissue and we went in, and there was no heartbeat. I delivered him Saturday night.

The blessing is that it was over quickly, and in my mind, I'm thinking there may have been something genetically wrong with our little guy (assuming he was a little guy- really too early to tell). That makes it quite a bit easier on me. Of course it still hurts and we miss our little Iggy.

My previous pregnancy loss, back in 2008, was at 24 weeks but I had issues from 7 weeks on, my water broke at 18 weeks- it was an absolute roller coaster and an emotional nightmare for 4 months. I had to deliver my son alive and watch him die in my arms. So this was much easier on me. It was sudden but I know he didn't suffer.

I still have so many questions and don't know why any of this happened. Iggy was a "surprise" pregnancy but it certainly seemed like it was meant to be, with all the signs and too many things that couldn't just be coincidence. We were overjoyed and deleriously happy to be expecting again, even though it was unplanned.

We will never forget our little Iggy. Godspeed, little man.

Mauser will they do any testing to see why this has happened again?? You and your family are in my thoughts.

Mauser will they do any testing to see why this has happened again?? You and your family are in my thoughts.

Thank you for your kind words. The only testing that we have requested - at the moment- is genetic testing on little Iggy. Part of me only wants to know because I want to find out the gender. In our hearts we think he was a boy, and 12 weeks is early, but he looked like a boy. Because of our ages, (40 and 53) there's a high likelihood of genetic issues. I just had assumed if that were the case, we would have miscarried much earlier.

I don't know if we are going to pursue any additional testing. Iggy was an unexpected little surprise. We were certainly thrilled and soooo looking forward to Iggy, but we wouldn't have consciously planned on having one. Now that we have had two losses back to back, I think both of us are so traumatized that we won't even consider another one.

Part of it might be just flukes, or part of it might just be our ages. I have 3 children from my previous marriage (10, 12, 14) and he has 2 adult daughters (25 and 28). We had planned on trying back in 2008 when we got married and immediately fell pregnant. We lost our son at 24 weeks due to my water breaking at 18 weeks but the whole pregnancy was horrible. Iggy was a surprise, but it was a very healthy perfectly stable pregnancy until I started to spot, and then there just wasn't a heartbeat. Literally overnight he was gone.

With both these pregnancies, I have been on Lovenox (blood thinner) since a few years back I had blood clots in my lungs. They've tested me for everything and can't find any clotting disorder, but they think I might be extremely sensitive to the estrogen in BC pills (and pregnancies). So any time now I get pregnant, I have to do the shots. I don't know if there is a correlation to the injections and my losses, but it's just unbearable.

If we do (by some off chance) decide to try again, I don't know what more testing they can do- but we've been through so much heartbreak the way it is. We've been blessed with our children that we do have- we might just be content with that.

I see you have my EDD as 12-20.. it's actually 1-21-12 :thumbup: I WISH I was due a month earlier :haha:

Mauser I totally understand wanting to know the sex of your baby, it really helps the grieving process.

Truthbtold, yeah for team blue!!!

How is everyone else doing? I am getting nervous about my scan on friday, but excited at the same time.

I am team blue!

Had my 20 weeks scan today and everything is normal! So relieved!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->