PAL Winter babies (December to February ish)

The nausea is starting to set in for me! I had to have a snack at 7:55. My co-worker walked in and laughed (she knows) and said, " Oh you are hungry again?" haha. It seems like if I just keep something in my stomach, I am fine however.

Birdie- it definitely started to pick up for me right around the same time and each day it seems just a little bit worse- threw up yesterday- and today has just been awful :sick: I *am* glad.. it's relieving.. but still! I agree that keeping something in my tummy helps!

I wish they'd test my hcg but they don't do that for military/dependents!! Sucks. All they will do is the blood test (still waiting for the call...) and then send you off to your OB...who also doesn't do it!! LOL

I'm sorry! I think mine just does it once. They wouldn't even test my HCG before or after my MMC.

I have to drop off a urine sample, for them to confirm the pregnancy. They don't even want to set up an appt before they do that. Then I call them after an hour for the results. Then they'll set up the appt. Last time, I went in for a question and answer session and they gave me paperwork to get my blood drawn. I won't be doing the Q&A again this time, since I did it 2 months ago, and the only thing that's changed now is I've had a MMC. Just hoping I can get an early ultrasound.

Are you military too? Sounds similar. Lol. On this base they also won't set up an appt until you've been tested by them, but here it's a blood test, not urine. You basically can walk in for that part, fill out a form, and they send you to the lab. The form actually says you're supposed to wait until you're 14 days late. But I think that's silly. Pregnant is pregnant. So I went last time and this time as soon as I found out. Anyways, after they steal my blood I have to wait for them to call me. It's KILLING me. My dh knows, of course, but I want to tell my mom and I'll do that once I get the results. If I lose this baby too I know I'll need her support and if I don't (please!!) then I want her to "be there" for the whole thing! So, still waiting...I'm hoping they call back today!!! But I think they close in an hour so it's not looking hopeful. Oh, and they won't even see you here after they confirm it! They just do the referral and then you're out of their hands!

Nope, not military. When I found I was PG in March, I went in for the confirmation. They told me it was "too faint" to make an appointment and to bring them another in a week. So I did the same thing. Which is why I'm waiting a week this time - I know, even with a MMC in March, they'd make me do the same thing.

I hope they call back today!! I know this wait is killing me. I want it to be 8ish weeks already so I can get an ultrasound. Plus, I want to tell my boss so he knows what's going on, esp with my past history. I sprung it on my old boss last time, he didn't even know I was PG and I was calling to tell him I wasn't gonna be in to work cause I lost the baby.

No call!!! ARGH!! If they don't call by probably 10am tomorrow I'll be calling them. Of course, then they'll just put a note in for the nurse to call me back...so I'll still be waiting. LOL

Holly - thanks, it's good to see you too!!!!

Birdie - hope you can start feeling a lil better!

JohnsPrincess - i'm sorry! hopefully when you call tomorrow, they get right on those results!!

AFM - I'm beat tonight. Around 10 or 11 a.m. it was like I hit a wall today. I was exhausted. Went to lunch, and felt a little more awake, and now it's settling in again. So, with DH away, I'm off to bed early!

Hello ladies. Is there room for another one please? I'm due 6th Feb and this is my second pregnancy after a MMC in March. I saw my GP this morning and he is requesting an early scan for me for 7-8 weeks. Must say I'm kinda jealous of you ladies in the US who get their bloods checked. Nothing like that routinely occurs here in the UK.

I'm TRYING to be patient and be thankful for each day BUT if there was a fast forward button to the second trimester I would be pressing it!!!

Hello ladies. Is there room for another one please? I'm due 6th Feb and this is my second pregnancy after a MMC in March. I saw my GP this morning and he is requesting an early scan for me for 7-8 weeks. Must say I'm kinda jealous of you ladies in the US who get their bloods checked. Nothing like that routinely occurs here in the UK.

I'm TRYING to be patient and be thankful for each day BUT if there was a fast forward button to the second trimester I would be pressing it!!!

:hi: fizzio! :hugs:

Super excited to have you here!!! :hugs:

Thanks Holly. Really good to be here and to be here with some familiar faces. Fingers crossed we all stay here for the duration x

Congrats, Fizzio!

Still waiting. I called this morning and left a message for the nurse around 845 or so. It's 1 and nothing. Nothing!! They're driving me crazy. I think if I hear nothing by 2 I'm calling again. And if still nothing, I'm walking over there to try to at least get the results and find someone to help with the referral.

Welcome Fizzio! Always room for more! Congrats on the bfp!

Well...I called and they said they can not give me a print out. I have to wait for the nurse to call me AND that he has 72 hours in which to do so!!! Seriously!!! So I may not know anything until the 3rd!!

What theheck?! They sure are giving you the runaround!

im sarah, and my little beany is 7 weeks 3 days old :). i am due on the 15th jan 2012
sarah xxx

What theheck?! They sure are giving you the runaround!

That's what it feels like! I understand that they're busy. But it's not going to take any less time to make a 3 min phone call today than it will 2 days from now!!! And it will relieve some of my stress. *sigh*

John'sPrincess, I hope you get your results soon! That's ridiculous that they'd make a nervously pregnant woman wait that long. I always got my results on the very same day that I had my blood taken (unless it was the weekend). My nurse is GREAT at reassuring me. She even stayed late one Friday to wait for the lab to send her the results so I wouldn't have to wait the whole weekend for the results. :D

My early scan is in one hour! I'm nervous but kind of sad because I know there won't be much to see at 5 weeks 3 days anyway. I've never seen more than just a sac, so I'm hoping the yolk sac will at least be there today.

Good luck Allison! I hope your scan goes well! :hugs:

Good luck Allison! Let us know how it goes :)

John'sPrincess, I hope you get your results soon! That's ridiculous that they'd make a nervously pregnant woman wait that long. I always got my results on the very same day that I had my blood taken (unless it was the weekend). My nurse is GREAT at reassuring me. She even stayed late one Friday to wait for the lab to send her the results so I wouldn't have to wait the whole weekend for the results. :D

My early scan is in one hour! I'm nervous but kind of sad because I know there won't be much to see at 5 weeks 3 days anyway. I've never seen more than just a sac, so I'm hoping the yolk sac will at least be there today.

Thanks, Allison! I agree. Them NOT calling is just making me more nervous. 72 hours!! COME ON!!! I want to keep calling and bugging them, but I'd just be bugging the poor airman at the front desk. It's been 48 hours now. I cannot believe they may make me wait another 24.

Good luck!!!!!! I've never seen more than just the sac too, so here's hoping this is it for us both!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->