PAL Winter babies (December to February ish)

I think whatever gets you through the labour to be honest! were all different and will have different experiences and different pain thresholds

Im not sure re painkillers / anaesthetics for me - but its cos I usually react badly - Ill be under consultant care as Ill need an anaesthetic review.

I have to avoid all painkillers with ine on the end - and anything in that family so avoid taking painkillers altogether as I reckon if all I can have is paracetamol I may as well wait until it Really hurts! (which was a nightmare after I was in a motorway pile up!) - I have bad reactions in terms of side effects and they dont actually work for pain? Bonkers I know! So say If I had one codiene Id be ill for a week and if I had like a tramadol well Id be ill and hallucinating for a week! I had clomid for 5 days and couldnt see properly for 3 months! With anaesthetics Im very very difficult to put under and usually need a near fatal amount of dose - then Im very very difficult to wake up and am very ill

I cant have gas and air either - so my choices may be very limited and we need to sort it out really with an anaesthetist in case I need an emergency c section or something - but I think that will be the only way Ill be able to have painkillers or anaesthetic!

Wow Rowan.. that is terrible that you don't react so well to so many things! Makes it challenging surely! :hugs:

Nicole I had an epidural with dd as my BP sky rocketed during labour and they wanted to control it (already had the beginnings of pre-eclampsia) apparently a side effect of it is to lower BP. TBH I would not have one again through choice but each to their own. I feel that it slowed my labour as I was not allowed to move around and thats why among other things I ended up having an emergency c-section. I know there is two arguments, the natural birth that says No pain relief what so ever as your body knows how to birth and drugs etc gets in the way of that. On the other hand there is those who say that pain is a side effects and in this day and age women should not have to go through that- its the old way of doing things when the medical profession was run by men. No woman should force or impose their views on another and the end of the day it is personal choice.

I'm finally a plum! I feel like it's such an accomplishment even though there is such a long way to go! 2 1/2 weeks until my next u/s. I think my doctor told us it would be an anatomy scan?

that's awesome Nichole! I think you SHOULD Be able to find out what you're having- wow- that's exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!! They do 14 week gender scans a lot here in FL.. so I'm guessing that's what you're having! :dance:

He said they would check for gender, but everyone keeps telling me it's too early, so I'm not going to get my hopes up ( just in case they can't tell) but at the same time I'm really looking forward to it!

I knew @ 14 weeks with my son- it's for sure possible! :)

When did the hunger start to be constant for you ladies? Today, I was either queasy, hungry or eating! It was intense!

Yay for Plum, Nichole!

I feel like nothing sounds appealing- yet I need to eat to feel better - but then when I do- I still feel queazy- can't really win! :)

Morning sickness kicked in at 5.5 weeks and I'm getting more and more nauseous with every passing day. I'm not going to complain (too much), because I asked for it. :D

I go in for my 8 week ultrasound on June 20th.

Constant hunger kicked in about 7-8 weeks. I had m/s from 5 weeks to 7 weeks and after that I was (and am) just hungry! It's hard to complain about the m/s too much :)

How are you ladies doing? This thread's been quiet for a couple of days so just wanted to check on everyone!

I wish I could say everything was great, but it looks like I'll be heading back to TTCAL.

Took a test yesterday and it was faint. Started bleeding this morning. No cramping really, just some backache when I sit. HCG is 20.5 and ultrasound showed nothing in the uterus. Doctor didn't seem too concerned though, since I'm still early. But I've basically come to terms I'm gonna lose this one too. I have more bloodwork Friday, so I'll be praying that it doubles.

:hi: I'm doing ok.. I have my next scan @ 9:30am tomorrow. ((SIGH)) It's a SUPER big one for me as it's officially past when I mc last time. I knew I was going to mc at 6w3d last time- started bleeding at 7w2d.. so I'm going to be 7w5d tomorrow- we've already seen the h/b @ my last u/s that I had when I was 5w6d so that's a good sign. I must admit- I'm sweating bullets a bit right now!

I wish I could say everything was great, but it looks like I'll be heading back to TTCAL.

Took a test yesterday and it was faint. Started bleeding this morning. No cramping really, just some backache when I sit. HCG is 20.5 and ultrasound showed nothing in the uterus. Doctor didn't seem too concerned though, since I'm still early. But I've basically come to terms I'm gonna lose this one too. I have more bloodwork Friday, so I'll be praying that it doubles.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Tweak :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I am hoping that it's just early and that it turns around for you. *ANYTHING* is still possible!!!! :hugs: Lots of hugs and prayers for you hun!

Oh Tweak I'm sorry to hear that you're having troubles :nope: and I'm praying that everything's fine at your appointment Friday! Why is there no smilie for a sticky bean???

On another note: yay holly!

Oh Tweak, I will pray that everything is ok for you.. Huge hugs.. I know how hard it is to miscarry.. I had my second one 2 weeks ago.. hope your levels double.. but if not and you do miscarry dont give up and find a dr who will look into things for you.

Hi ladies.. just popping in to say hi.. and I hope your all doing good.. Im on cd17 and due to o again soon..in the next 3-4 days.. so hoping to be back with you ladies soon.. even if I dont get a bfp till sept. im joining back up with you all :)

Yay Holly.. cant wait to hear how your scan goes...im sure all will be great..

Please can I join you ladies.

This is my third pregnancy, the first 2 ended in mcs:cry:. I've had 2 early scans, the latest was on Monday & showed a perfectly sized (for my dates) baby, who was very mobile to say the least, with a fast heartbeat. This is the furthest I got in a pregnancy so far:happydance:, still not 100% relaxed but getting there.

My EDD is 3rd Jan 2012.

lynnb welcome! I'll add you to our list on the first page. Congrats on a bfp and perfectly sized baby! Always great to see them doing well.

Lilrojo, you had better join us again! Preferably sooner rather than later, but anytime will do :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->