PAL Winter babies (December to February ish)

Fingers crossed for you lilrojo! I hope you come back soon!

Hi all, new to forum, I am due 11 Dec, my first baby was stillborn full term last year.

APSmum, I'm so so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine. My best friend went through a similar situation last year...

Congrats on your bfp and we're glad you joined us! And welcome to bnb too!

Welcome all the newbies and my sincere apologies to those suffering a loss.

I am almost to the date of my m/c. Mid next week. Coincides perfectly with me seeing my mom so I am excited to tell her the news. Basically will be telling a lot of people during week 9 and 10 as I will be at a wedding with friends and seeing family. I guess I am ready to take my chances, but I am nervous.

Mrs. HJO: I remember you from another thread! Welcome!

Yay Birdie! Glad you're almost past your m/c date!

So, short backstory here, when I was pregnant with DD, my best friend since we were 9 years old was pregnant with her DD #1, she was almost 3 months ahead of me. She lost her baby at 38 weeks... She's now pregnant with #2 (as am I) and is about 3 months ahead of me again. She texted me last night to tell me that her OH's best friend just lost their baby at 37.5 weeks. It just makes me so scared. They both had perfect pregnancies, nothing should have been wrong. Sorry, and I don't mean to worry anybody else, but these things keep happening when I'm pregnant and it's just so devastating.

So, short backstory here, when I was pregnant with DD, my best friend since we were 9 years old was pregnant with her DD #1, she was almost 3 months ahead of me. She lost her baby at 38 weeks... She's now pregnant with #2 (as am I) and is about 3 months ahead of me again. She texted me last night to tell me that her OH's best friend just lost their baby at 37.5 weeks. It just makes me so scared. They both had perfect pregnancies, nothing should have been wrong. Sorry, and I don't mean to worry anybody else, but these things keep happening when I'm pregnant and it's just so devastating.

I know. :(
The worrying never ceases, and hearing stories like that all the time certainly doesn't help..

I called my dr. and got an earlier ultrasound appointment for tomorrow instead of having to wait until Monday. My OH ended up not having Monday off, but he has tomorrow off and he really wants to be there. So I'm extremely happy he can be there for me. But I'm so unbelievably nervous that I'm going to get bad news. So many people around me who are pregnant have had mmc in the past few months, I'm terrified of it happening to me. Plus, my symptoms aren't as pronounced as they were last week. Last week I was getting sick, this week I feel perfectly fine. I really hope that I'm just getting used to the hormones or something.

It's just so hard to stay optimistic when you've experienced so many devastating losses..

it is very scary indeed - I dont think us ladies are looked after enough in 2nd tri to be honest - I was asking my mw about when they check the cervix is ok and she said they dont - Ill be asking them to check when I have private scans I think - I hear too much about cervix trouble in 2nd tri not to ask

welcome everyone - so sorry for your losses x

that's awful Nicole :( I know my doc told me- you are never safe until you hold your baby- and sadly- that is SO true!

Allison~ that's awesome that you got your appt. moved up! I am sure it will go great hun and that's good that your DH can be there with you! :hugs:

Hello ladies. Not been about for a while as feeling :sick: It kicked in at 5+5 exactly! Hope you are all doing ok despite the constant niggles and worries we all have in our hope to get to hold our babies this time.

Just wondering if any of you know if an 8 week scan is likely to be internal or abdominal??

:hugs: to everyone

Hello Ladies!

If that's ok I would like to join your Thread.

Today I am 14+5 wks pregnant. I am due 11th December 2011
I had miscarriage at 11 wks in May 2009
and stillborn little boy at 39wks June 2010

Today I had Midwife appointment to find out all my Blood test results and so far everything is looking Good :thumbup:
I also had Downs testing and I am low risk. Which is really good news.
My next appointment is on Monday with my consultant (which I will see for first time ) and I guess she will talk to me about delivery etc.
My next scan is on 22nd July

Hi ladies,

Just wondered if I can put my name down. I m/c'd at the end of march and am now due on the 27/01/12 about 8 days after my dd's b/day so lets hope this one isnt too early!!

Also want to add massive congrats on your pregnancies hope you all continue to have a happy and healthy one!!

Fizzio~ I've had all internal so far and I'll be 9 weeks tomorrow.. they did try an abdominal one this past week but couldn't see as much as they needed.. so ended up internal! Glad your symptoms have kicked in! :hugs:

:hi: BlueButterfly & Narla! :hugs:

Hello ladies. Not been about for a while as feeling :sick: It kicked in at 5+5 exactly! Hope you are all doing ok despite the constant niggles and worries we all have in our hope to get to hold our babies this time.

Just wondering if any of you know if an 8 week scan is likely to be internal or abdominal??

:hugs: to everyone

when I had my 8wk scan I had abdominal . I had very full bladder.
Sonographer told me she can see heartbeat, but if I wanted to have exact date she would have to do internal. It was so cute to see litte jumping beanie. I was happy with heartbeat.

Welcome BlueButterfly and Narla83!
So, so sorry to hear about your losses. But I'm glad you both found our group! I'll add you both to the list now!

I have my next scan in just 6 days! Doctor said we could check the gender then!:happydance:

I've never had an internal scan done before...maybe that's just my doctor...or maybe that's an American thing...or I'm really tiny, so it's not needed??? I don't really know.

Welcome BlueButterfly and Narla83!
So, so sorry to hear about your losses. But I'm glad you both found our group! I'll add you both to the list now!

I have my next scan in just 6 days! Doctor said we could check the gender then!:happydance:

I've never had an internal scan done before...maybe that's just my doctor...or maybe that's an American thing...or I'm really tiny, so it's not needed??? I don't really know.

Thank you Nichole,
wow didn't know you can find out gender so early. Will have to ask my consultant on Monday if she can see anything :winkwink:

Last time they told us wrong. They told us that we will have little girl and in the end it was little boy Sam!

So this time I am going to have it double check :rofl:

I must say my tummy is showing so much. I am not the slimiest girl so maybe that's why but apparently with 2nd/3rd baby you show much sooner. That's my excuse! after birth I am definitely going on diet lol

I was surprised at how early he was checking too, but they were correct with my DD (I asked them to double check she was still a girl every time I got an u/s! Even the last one at the hospital! lol) and we've heard the heartbeat so early, he always uses the excuse that I'm so tiny they can see everything better. Idk if he's being serious or not, but he sounded confident.

Lol, I can't diet! I like food way too much. I'll just be working out for sure!

Hey guys I just had my ultrasound and THERE WAS A HEARTBEAT!!:happydance::happydance::happydance:
139bpm
I'm measuring at 7 weeks 1 day, so my due date has been changed to Feb 1st.

My whole ultrasound was abdominal, the tech said that she would be able to see everything she needed to see and no need to go internally. I wouldn't say I'm tiny, but I am of average to slim build. I don't really know what factors come into play with internal vs abdominal scans.

We got to hear our baby's heartbeat today.. it was the most amazing and significant moment of my life. I thought I would cry if we saw/heard the heartbeat, but when the time came, I just couldn't stop grinning from ear to ear.

that is FANTASTIC news Allison!!! :hugs: Such a relief too~ I know!!! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->