Pampers Causing Rashes and Burns…

F

FemmeEnceinte

https://www.babiesnappies.co.uk/2010/04/27/pampers-causing-rashes-and-burns/
https://www.babiesnappies.co.uk/2008/06/19/scary-sposies/

Thoughts?

Hmm, I never had any problems with Pampers but this seems like a brand only available in the US at the moment. Doubt it'll encourage people to try cloth mind you!

Yeah, it's in the US only. I was more surprised by the second link tbh. I hadn't really looked into disposables so deeply before.

Well the comment on the first one makes no sense whatsoever. The second makes for some super scary reading. I never researched them much before switching - all i knew was that they had "chemicals" in and that was enough to swing me towards cloth. Makes for interesting reading, should be passed out with all bounty packs :rofl: Might make more people consider cloth.

Bejesus scary stuff.

Never had a problem myself with Pampers though...

To be honest though, Proctor and Gamble , Johnsons etc are all FULL of chemicals, everything is these days, and although it puts ME off, I very much doubt these new findings will make much of a difference to worldwide disposable sales

I read the links and it made me think...
Weve been using pampers for overnight, and 100% pampers from 0-4 months.
Alex has always has a raised red eczema rash around the nappy area and was hard to get it to calm down without steroids. Its never fully gone either.
we recently tried out Asdas brand instead for overnight, now even being in them since Sunday night (mil babysitting) the rash has got better rather than worse.

That's great Arcanegirl, though I'm always hearing good things about asda nappies!

pampers are proctor & gamble so there is hardly any surprise there

as for the 2nd link, I discovered alot of this a while ago when doing some research, scary reading but if your willing to put it on your baby's butt then you should be willing to know the true facts :)

I was debating sposies for the hospital (eco ones) but now really wanting to use cloth, does anyone know if your allowed to use cloth in hospital?

You can do whatever you want hun, it's just difficult if you're staying in for any length of time.

I don't see why you can't use cloth in a hospital... They would perhaps be strict with infection control but as only your baby will be wearing cloth (not sharing with the other babies!) I don't see how it could matter?

^^ Depends on the hospital. Always ask first!

I would love to do an article on the chemical in sposies but i daren't due to possibility of law suits etc.
suppose i could do a generic one though breaking down each of the chemicals like the scary reading one.

thanks girls :)

i know there are a couple of hospitals in america that only use cloth nappies on babies while in hospital, they provide them and clean them and have saved a huge amount since changing to cloth from sposies

^^ Depends on the hospital. Always ask first!

I would love to do an article on the chemical in sposies but i daren't due to possibility of law suits etc.
suppose i could do a generic one though breaking down each of the chemicals like the scary reading one.

thats what i have done for my website/shop, but on the other hand if it is true they can't do anything about it, as long as you are stating fact it is ok, i just made sure i checked each of my facts out in many different places before using them :)

God, I'd never really thought about it, I knew there were 'chemicals' as such but I never looked into it in detail. xxx

the one that really gets me is 'sodium polyacrylate', if it is not deemed safe to be in tampons due to it's links with TSS then how can it be safe to use in nappy's

i honestly can't get my head around that one

We had to start Em on disposables as she was a preemie with a lower birthweight- even at the smallest size the reusables we had bought were far too big (Bum Genius). She never had huge problems in them but she did have some sore rash. Since moving onto BG at 2 months we have had NO nappy rash. It is a really interesting one isn't it?

I love my real nappies- am so glad that we went down that path. Interestingly though, I am the only person I know among friends and my baby groups who uses them. There is a lot of promotion oof real nappies round here but it doesn't seem to be getting through, I do wonder why?

also 'tributytin', a highly toxic chemical which is sometimes found at levels of 3.6 times what the WHO deem to be 'tolerable'

i just don't get it :shrug:

Scary stuff really. TBH I had my last one in nappies and I just assumed they were fine because otherwise they wouldnt be allowed to be sold right? WRONG. Im pretty disgusted in myself that I assumed a group of people out to make money wouldnt try and sell me anything harmful. I know better now but I feel terrible about being so ignorant of the facts. I am extra sure now to KNOW what Im putting in/on my children and I use 100% natural ingredient soaps and am just now doing my first soap nut wash! Im pretty anti chemical where possible as I know my skin reacts badly to all sorts and my chest is very sensitive to chemical fumes because of COPD

We had to start Em on disposables as she was a preemie with a lower birthweight- even at the smallest size the reusables we had bought were far too big (Bum Genius). She never had huge problems in them but she did have some sore rash. Since moving onto BG at 2 months we have had NO nappy rash. It is a really interesting one isn't it?

I love my real nappies- am so glad that we went down that path. Interestingly though, I am the only person I know among friends and my baby groups who uses them. There is a lot of promotion oof real nappies round here but it doesn't seem to be getting through, I do wonder why?

i think it is just a case of people automatically think of terry toweling squares when you say cloth nappies, the UK is getting better though :)

i think it is just a case of people automatically think of terry toweling squares when you say cloth nappies, the UK is getting better though :)

You're probably right. I know that our families thought that initially when we said that we were going down the cloth bum route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->