Panic stations

Can you link to your chart?

Yeah what do I do? Do I log in and then copy and paste the link into this?

It is prob just me worrying to much. I have only just started the chart from the last 3 periods I had but it is the cramping that is getting to me. I have on/off cramps but no AF.

DH thinks that I need to relax and if we are great and if not then it wasnt meant to be.

What site do you have your chart on? I'm using FF and I need to set up a homepage to do it.

I use my cycle.com.

I could redo it on another one as it wont take me long. Would that be easier?

Hmm, maybe, I'm not really sure how to link from cycle.com. Would you consider FertilityFriend? I'm anxious to take a peek!

I actually think you can create a homepage at mycycle - I just searched and there a bunch out there. Just not sure how. Anything in your user cp?

Here is an example btw:
https://www.mycycle.com/homepages/index.html?Homepage__homepage_token=HPYDP

So it looks like you need a homepage token. From what I read:
You can create your own homepage by clicking on "my homepage" on the main menu.

Ah ha think I may have sussed it:

https://www.mycycle.com/home/ZXPHD

if not I will try fertility friend :) Hope it works

It worked. Well, you are definitely having a longer cycle this time. I'd say you ovulated of either CD17 (Oct 26th) or CD21 (Oct 30th). Did you have sex from CD12 - CD22 (Oct 21 - 31)? If you did not, I think there's a very very slim chance of pregnancy.

We did full intercourse on the day after my last period. The other times we used withdrawal.

When I go into the part that I enter my details it says predicted ovulation day is the day after my period that is why I got myself all worried

Here is what I have been looking at

Attachments

• cycle.jpg
    cycle.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 11
From your temps, I'm pretty sure I'm right if they are accurate. Your last cycle looks anovulatory to me which is not uncommon at all after coming off the pill. You are now in what we TTCers like to call the 2 week wait. It's not actually two weeks for everybody, but it's roughly 10-16 days normally before your period. Temps are a more accurate indication than a predicted O date on a calendar. Any any rate, the calendar doesn't match your temperatures this month, just your last 19 day anovulatory cycle.

I'm going to go with the earlier date and say you are 7dpo (that's the number of days you are into your 10-16 day period before your period). Your period should probably arrive in another 7 days (+- a few days). 14 days is the average. Since I have nothing else to really go on, I'm just going with that. If you have not had gotten your period by then, take a pregnancy test.

Just to say, if you're not using protection, anything can happen, but from what I've seen of your chart and your intercourse days, pregnancy seems unlikely to me. Hope that lessens the anxiety some!

You could also be 3dpo with 7 - 13 days to go. Unfortunately I'm really bad at calculating coverline. I am 100% sure you ovulated CD17 (10/21) or CD 21(10/31) though.

Thank you that has made me feel so much better to know it is normal.

I wont bother taking a test then and leave it another 7 days before I worry

Just thought I would put another 2 cents in.. I agree, you o'ed on cd 17 or 21. I, honestly, would lean toward cd21 and call 36.45 your coverline, but it could be cd17 and cd21 was just a random dip. You'll probably be able to tell more after a few more days of temping. However, I almost positive you DIDN'T o the day after your AF. It really looks like this cycle could be longer. Esp if you tested and got BFN. Keep us updated. :)

Thank you. You have both put my mind at rest and wont bother with the test I will see what happens.

Just to make you feel better I looked @ your chart and thought you looked to have o'd on CD17 or CD 21 too, but not the greatest at working it out, then saw the posts by the other 2 ladies .

It may well take sev cycles for your body to settle down.

I know its slightly different, but still hormone related, I statrted charting when I'd had my 1st AF after having my DD which was ~ 12/12 ago. For sev months my cycle was all over the place, and I'd often ov late in cycle. Its only in the past 6/12 I'd say things had settled down , I can now say I normally o around day 15/16.
You may find fertility friend is a little better as it gives a coveline when you od is, but doesn't predict fertile days unless you have VIP membership.
You can also use fertilitycircle which does give you fertile days with standard membership.
|Each site uses diff method to calculate od. So you may find that if your temps are a bit erratic then you may get a different day.

We've been using natural family planning for past year.
Tend to use withdrawal from CD10 (just to be sure) until 2 DPO as per charts.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Caroline.

this may sound really stupid but how do you know this? I am asking cos I thought I understood it but dont think I do at all. I just went by my cycle which said I had a 19 day cycle and ovulated the day after AF. I think I will have to try another site.

What are the signs that I need to look for when ovulating?

Go to Fertility Friend and read the Fertility Friend Handbook, it will explain A LOT. Bascially, you look for a "coverline", the generally highest temp you get before o. Usually you see a slight dip in temp on the day of o (which is why we all picked those two days), then you see a rise in temp above coverline that is sustained for 3 plus days. I went with the later day (21) because it gives a more clear coverline, but 17 is entirely possible, too. Enter your numbers into FF and see what it says. I don't think you o'ed the day AFTER AF b/c you had a spike in temp... you should see a dip. Hope that helps.

p.s. check out my fertility friend link on my sig... there are charts that i have done and it may help you to see them. The horizontal red line is my general coverline and the vertical is o day.

The real key to reading your chart and figuring out when you've ovulated is to find a sustained temperature shift - when your temperatures are consistently higher than they had been previously. This is called a biphasic chart and it is indicative of ovulation. Ovulation usually occurs the day BEFORE the day of the first temp shift noticed. Remember, the temp shift must be sustained.

The dip on ovulation day you might see is not necessary, but frequently occurs in many ladies.

We are not quite sure on your O date because you had high temps at the beginning of this cycle. Though you had sustained high temps after CD17 (and a drop in temp we call an ovulation dip), they are not higher than tose early on in your cycle. This is not to say it can't happen. Plenty of women have pre-O temps that sometimes are above her coverline.

On CD21 you also had another dip and also more sustained high temps. However, this could just be a regular dip after ovulation - these are very common too.

Coverline itself is not really set in stone either - just a tool used by those who BBT chart to help show the biphasic shift.

Try FF and see what it says.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->