Panicky about nausea?

Amygdala

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone can relate to this. I'm feeling very sick a lot of the time. Not eating makes the nausea worse but eating makes it worse as well so I end up eating very little and feeling pretty rough as a result. And I feel really panicked at the thought that this won't change for another 5 weeks or so yet. Like I'm trapped in a cycle of feeling sick. Can't really explain it. But I'm so ready for second trimester and first has really only just begun... :cry:

:hugs: sickness can be so draining emotionally and physically can't it? I remember with dd1 eating knowing is be upstairs immediately afterwards being sick. Was tough.

As awful as it is, try to think of it being a good sign that your baby is growing and your hormones are working well doing so.

I am totally with you. Was hospitalized last night at 8w3d after vomitting 10-12 times a day for two and a half weeks straight. The nausea never lets up and it's a totally devastating feeling of being trapped in your own body. I feela little better today after 2 IVs and some strong intraveneous Zofran. This is par for course with me and I did it my first pregnancy so what I think about is that beautiful second trimester when I just woke up one day at 14 weeks and the sickness was gone and I literally ate everything in site until the baby popped out. It was AWESOME! That thought is getting me through.

Hang in there. I have had the worst all day nausea since 5 or 6 weeks and i think it might finally be starting to let up a little. You will make it through

I had HG in my first trimester. Ended up in hospital for 3 days due to dehydration. Was on 3 different types of meds: zofran, maxeran and diclectin and I still could barely eat. I wanted to die!!! But I woke up one day at 12 weeks and just like that it was gone and never returned again. It's going to pass u just need to be patient. It sucks so much I know :(

In my 13th week now, I was better for a couple of days about 4 days back and now back to square one.

Every time I eat, my immediate reaction is to throw up and God knows what happens inside my stomach :cry:

When is this phase going to end? I'm too tired and not eaten well for months now...

Waiting for better days....wish all of you feel better soon!

Yes, I can relate. This is my 3rd time, so I know exactly what I am in for. My sickness is just getting started now at 7 1/2 weeks, so I know I'm in for a long 5-7 weeks before I can hope to feel better. I just hunker down, and do as little as possible, but there is still a lot, each day, you absolutely have to do, and that's where I get a little panicky. But, I can also remind myself I did it before, and survived, and it was, of course worth it. This too shall pass, as they say.

I'm really panicky about the sickness too. I mentioned in another post that I recently quit taking prescription prenatals as they made me so nauseous and constipated and started taking over the counter prenatals and I feel close to 100% better and more similar to my last pregnancy now when I took the same prenatals. However, I'm only 6 and a half weeks and last pregnancy I didn't get nausea til around 8 weeks. So it can definitely come back! My family is supposed to be taking a vacation to Massachusetts (24 hours from where we live) during weeks 9 and 10 and I'm terrified for the road trip part. I was crying to my husband last night about my anxiety for the trip as I'm scared that my picky eating leading to nausea will ruin the trip for all of us. We have thought about postponing the trip but we have a two night non refundable trip to Maine in there that I will lose big money on if we don't go. So I'm not sure what to do. But I'm freaking out about it and if first tri could only be a little easier, there would be no need for all this anxiety. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->