Panorama Test & NT Scan

Mild Mango

Reaction score
So I went to my 12 week scan today. The NT ultrasound looked good (1.6mm). We decided to get the Panorama blood test anyway (even though insurance doesn't cover it for low risk pregnancies). I think the doctor kinda upsold me a little bit to get the fancy panorama test instead of the traditional NT blood test.

I'd like to say we got the Panorama test solely for the added Down syndrome reassurance, but in reality, we just can't wait to find out the sex of the baby! Is that bad? I didn't even know this test existed prior to this dr visit, so it was kind of an impulse buy.

If I was just 16 months older, my insurance would have paid for the test (because I would have been 35+). But I'm not high risk, so I'm paying out of pocket (about $300).

They said the results should be back in 1-2 weeks. I'm so excited!!!!! This time next week, I might know the sex of my baby! :happydance:

Please explain to me something about the cost. I am trying hard to decipher it. So, did your dr do the blood work in house? natera offers the testing if your insurance doesnt cover it for $145 (I just talked to someone named Michael Malone and he isthe southern rep for Natera, today). He said if my doctor sends me to a lab, like labcorp or quest diagnostics it could cost way more. What did your doctor say about the price and did they send you to a lab?

Please explain to me something about the cost. I am trying hard to decipher it. So, did your dr do the blood work in house? natera offers the testing if your insurance doesnt cover it for $145 (I just talked to someone named Michael Malone and he isthe southern rep for Natera, today). He said if my doctor sends me to a lab, like labcorp or quest diagnostics it could cost way more. What did your doctor say about the price and did they send you to a lab?

The OBGYN took the blood in-house. I'm sure they send it away for testing. Not sure where they sent it, but I'm sure there's a markup.

I am also going to opt for the blood test, which I think I want the MaterniT21.....pretty much the same. I am 35+ so it will be covered through my insurance, but the peace of mind it brings far outweighs if I would have paid for it out of pocket (which I would have). I am also excited to find out the sex earlier, but I mainly want to prepared in case I have to be :)

Good luck! KUP!

Dee

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->