Pansy & Mrsbroodypant.....and Lottie :-)

Hi,

Im back from first midwife appointment. I met my actual midwife this time! She is nice but quite quiet and shy but I prefer that to a loud brash person lol.
My blood pressure was low but I was trying very hard to breathe slowly and relax fully as I didn't want it to be high lol so don't know if that would effect it.
Ive got my next appointment with her on 15th January (if I get that far).
Next I need to wait for my scan letter to come in the post. Hopefully my scan will be before Christmas!

How are u? Started any Christmas shopping?

Xxx

Hello!

So glad you got a proper midwife. Did she offer you any reassurance? I really hope you get a scan before Christmas too. How many weeks will you be at Christmas? I have no memory at the moment.

I haven't bought any Christmas presents (unless you count what Santa bought Lottie in July!) We've just come back from a garden centre which has lovely decorations, but I didn't get much of a chance to look at them as someone was hungry/grumpy. Her cold is still affecting her, she doesn't seem any better yet, v clingy. I tried to give her calpol again last night but she spat it all out! She did stop crying for a bit & looked at the Christmas lights, so that was nice!

I haven't a clue what to get T or what to suggest he gets me. I have already had the best present ever. Have you done much shopping? What are you getting R?

Are you risking DTD at the mo or does it scare you like it scared me? The dr asked me if I'd done it yet at 6 week check up - I looked at her horrified! Even if there was a second of the day when I wasn't holding Lottie, there's no way anyone is going near that area! Poor T! He doesn't seem to mind though, used to it now. One day...!

How is your Christmas show going? When is the performance?

Lol at you trying to keep BP low. I always did that. Didnt work that well though!

Any more sickness? Any other symptoms?

xxx

Ps are they using your dates for 12week scan or the new dates from early scan?

Hi,

I hardly know how far along I am myself. I feel all confused. Mw said they go by my last period still until my dating scan as that early scan doesn't count. So based on that im 9 weeks today but not really lol. And going by those dates should give me a scan before Christmas!

I do feel a bit faint since being told ive got low blood pressure. Don't think it's all in my head as I do feel dizzy. Mw said to drink more but I do drink loads of water anyway.

R got the new xbox which was about £400 so that will do him for Christmas. I will just get him a few cheap things to unwrap.
Getting another bfp was the best present ever!

I hope Lotties cold clears up asap. I don't want her to be grumpy! I want her smiling again!

We have been dtd but not very often. U will probably do it when u are ttc baby number two!

Hope u have had a good day xxx

Had some more spotting this morning. Its like tiny bits of brown stringy stuff....sorry. I rang the EPU and am going for another scan on Tuesday at 11.30am xxx

Oh dear re spotting. But if you have to have spotting, brown is the best type. At least it's old blood. Shame you have to wait so long for a scan. Try not to worry, chances are the worry would be worse for the baby than the spotting. Maybe it's just the baby burrowing in nice & deep? Or you have an irritated cervix? I hope it's all ok.

Oh dear that you feel faint too. Are you eating ok? Maybe you need more rest? Are you sleeping with all the worry? Don't really know what causes low BP.

Don't mention TTC baby no. 2!! I said to T last night not to rely on their being one & to enjoy every moment with L as if she's our only child. At the moment I can't ever imagine wanting to go through it all again. The heartbreak of TTC, the pregnancy sickness, the birth & even the newborn bit with L to look after as well. I always wanted 2 children, so I hope I'll change my mind somehow. Plus, I'll be even older then, so it might be more tricky (although my mum & her mum had a baby at 40). I just don't want to get my heart set on it. I don't want to go though the longing again. I'm sure you can understand.

L is still doing lots of smiles early in the morning & late at night, she is just a grumpo in between! She didn't go to sleep til midnight last night, but then slept 4 hours (usually its 3). She then slept 3 more, then another 1.5 till we got up at 1030, so it was a good night in the end. I'm off to a post natal discussion group at 12:30. It's always a challenge to get out of the house, but we are currently both dressed & she is having her mid morning snack, so we are on track so far.

Are you watching I'm a celeb? I'm enjoying it this year. Do you think Matthew was faking his fear at the beginning? I think he knows too much about the industry & is definitely playing up to the cameras. I like Vincent from watching Strictly, so I'll be interested to see how he does. I haven't watched last nights yet.

L just laughed in her sleep. She doesn't laugh when awake yet, but that definitely sounded like a giggle & when I looked down she was smiling!

Hope you've had no more bleeding. Take it easy. xxx

Hello!

How are you today? Any more spotting? Xxx

Hi hun,

Yes im still spotting a bit :-( don't know what to think. If it gets heavier then I will ring the EPU again. Thing is I can't get out of bed today. Im full of flu. I feel absolutely terrible! My throat is killing me and I can hardly breathe!
Last night at dancing I didn't talk at all lol used sign language!

Im sleeping ok but do need a rest. Maybe my low blood pressure was because I was getting ill? I don't know but I'm going to ask the mw on Tuesday to do my blood pressure again.

Give it time and u might feel u would like another child one day. If not then thats fine too. I guess the experience clouds your judgement. Some people might have any easy first labour and a bad second. Your second could be easy! But it depends how u feel about going through it all again. It is a tough process! In time u will know what u want.

Im watching im a celeb. That Mathew is so gay I think although he is married! Yeah u could of been faking his fears. I like that model. I don't like Lucy, she is a bit nasty at times.

How cute the Lottie laughs in her sleep. I love to stoke James back with my fingers very softly so it tickles him and he lays still enjoying it and laughs every now and again. That is so cute! He is one now. Had his birthday last Tuesday.

Not long and we will of been chatting for a year!!!!

Xxx

Oh no, poor you, I hope you feel better soon. Sounds horrible! Hope R will be home soon to look after you. Can you take paracetamol? I can't remember. Keep an eye on your temperature as a proper fever is bad for pregnancy.

I don't like Lucy either. I hate people who make snide comments like she was about Amy. She seems v bitter.

I hope your spotting has slowed down. Shame you can't ask your mum if she had any spotting.

My SIL has just been round to see L. She's been on hol to America so hasn't seen her for 3 weeks. She says she's looking chubbier! She does have a v round face, but I think it's cute. L seems to be in a happy mood again today. She didnt go to sleep til 1am last night, but then slept for 5 hours, so that was good. I only got 7.5 hours in total though. Some days I can get 9 in 3 lots of 3 hours.

What did you get James for his birthday? We're not getting L a main Christmas present, just little things from Santa, as she won't really care. We can then buy her something in the year when she actually likes things. Unless we think of anything that is! What was James favourite toy?

Hope you're resting lots & drinking lots to flush it out. Hope you feel better soon. xxx

I feel sooooo poorly!!! And I feel soooo sorry for myself.

I got James a talking train off Thomas the tank engine, the red train which is called James :). It says "hi im James" and other things lol. He seems to like it. My mum got him a plastic car he likes to ride on. He is still not always interested in the toys, he didn't know how to open his presents and then was more interested in the wrapping paper once it was off lol.

Do u think Lottie looks like u? Or does she look more like T?
Good idea not to get her much this Christmas as like u said she doesn't even know.

Hope u have a nice weekend xxx

Hello!

How are you feeling now? Hope you're getting better.

xxx

Oh no! Is it still brown?i really hope you feel better soon and it stops soon. Sending you lots of immune boosting vibes and sticky vibes for your LO. Rest lots, drink lots & try to think positive thoughts.

Xxx

Thank u.

It is still brown but more frequent. Not long til my scan and I will know what happening.

Hope u are ok
Xxx

Hope you've had a restful day. Can you take paracetamol for your flu? Has R caught it?

We're ok. Went to visit my older brother today. He lives an hour away & we arranged to see him 2 weeks ago. When we arrived today, he was v hungover & hardly talking, making it v awkward. His gf was more talkative, but still. He kept disappearing to text ppl too. Not impressed when he knew we were coming. No prizes for his hosting skills!

With what I know about his gf's temper, I find it a bit awkward to talk to her. I kept a look out for holes in the wall! My brother dropped some water on the floor while washing up & kept apologising to her. That worried me, that he feels he has to say sorry for a tiny bit of water in his own house!

Suddenly loads of Christmas lights have appeared in our village. We've got a village Xmas tree for the first time this year & it was lit tonight with carol singers, Santa & mulled wine. I had some mulled wine - yum! Do you like it? Do you have a real tree or a fake? We have a real one, we're going to get it next Sat I think.

Hope you're feeling a bit better. xxx

Morning!

It's funny seeing a message from u that has been written quite late at night! Lottie makes u stay up later thsn u used to when u were pregnant :)

Im feeling a bit better now. Still going to rest as much as possible but going to work tonight. I've taken some paracetamol. R hasn't caught it yet, hopefully he won't.

We have a fake Christmas tree but it is a very expensive one that practically looks real. Worth spending the money on it we thought as it should last u a long time! And it has lights already on it so Im happy I don't need to put lights on coz thats the annoying part lol.
Lots of people near us put their decs up yesterday. I will put ours up once I feel better.

Im still spotting! See how my scan goes tomorrow.

I don't like mulled wine :) lol
And I don't like Christmas cake! Do u?

I hope your brother is ok with his gf. U must worry about him.

Hope u managed to get plenty of sleep
Xxx

Glad you're feeling a bit better. Be v careful at work tonight & don't go if you feel any worse. Your health is more important than work.

How can you not like Christmad cake lol? My dad and I eat it with cheddar cheese. Everyone thinks that's really odd but he says he learnt to when he lived up North, so maybe that's where it's from? Have you heard of doing it?

I like mulled wine but I don't like normal wine, so I'm v odd!

My sleeping is the opposite of when pregnant. Now I'm awake late feeding & have lie ins (having woken loads before). Today the postman woke me at 11! We had been down to have breakfast and gym time at 8 though.

Having a pre lit tree is v cunning, I hate untangling the lights! You'll have to send me a pic of your tree when it's done. We buy a special ornament for the tree every year. This year I've bought a glass bauble that is engraved with L's name & date of birth. It arrived this morning. I hope it will be a keepsake for her. We also try to buy a decoration when we are abroad & other people have too. We have decorations from 7 counties now, 8 if you count Wales!

Hope you continue to feel better. And hope you're not feeling too anxious about your scan, although I know it will be impossible not to worry. I'm keeping everything crossed for you.

Xxx

Aww the bubble for Lottie is a cute idea. I'd love to do that! Yes I will send u a tree pic when I put it up :). I also put fake presents under my tree which are wrapped up in my living room wallpaper so it all matches lol.

Yes up here everyone eats their Christmas cake with cheese! You are right :). I like the cheese, just not the cake and I don't like mince pies either lol.

I'm about half way through my Christmas shopping now. Have u got much to do?

I'm really nervous about my scan!

My mum is coming to work with me and going to watch the show dances and get the children to try on their costumes so I won't be alone :).

Worst thing is my cough because nothing will stop it and sometimes I end up being sick! Not good.
Xxx

That's so cool that you think cheese with cake is normal! I've never met anyone who does before! I told T that & he was amazed that its normal, but said its still a waste of good cheese lol!

Your tree sounds like it will be really classy. Mine isn't at all, it's just random. I will send you a pic too, when we eventually get round to putting it up. T has got the decorations down tonight.

I really hope you get good news tomorrow. I hope you can sleep tonight. What time is your scan? I'll be thinking of you.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->