• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pansy & Mrsbroodypant.....and Lottie :-)

Did you do your test this morning? I'm sure it's all fine, especially as your mum didnt feel sick. Only 80% of people get morning sickness, you must just be the one in five who doesn't. You wouldn't get positive Hpgs if there wasn't anything going on. And the fact you haven't had a period is the biggest sign. I know it's easy for me to say, but I would try not to worry. Enjoy every day when you don't have symptoms, there's plenty of time for symptoms to affect your life before October!

Are you telling anyone else now your mum knows? Can you believe it's been 3 weeks since we found out? I can't believe I've managed to keep it from so many people for this long! Only 5 more (long) weeks till I can tell people. This time in 2 weeks I will have Ben to midwife- how exciting! xxx

My test was a line test and was totally utterly positive!! The line is so strong and as dark as control line. Its so strong that it looks like i coloured it in!! Its put my mind of rest.....for now :)

We dont plan on telling anyone else until after the scan. Did u end up telling your best friend?

The 3 weeks have gone quite fast actually. I cant wait for a scan date and the scan. Yes we need the next 5 weeks to go faster lol. Cant wait to tell everyone!!
Xxx

Glad to here line was so dark lol. Hope that has put your mind at rest. Baby's probably thinking "why don't you believe I'm in here, Mum?!"!!

I did tell my friend. She was surprisingly interested, although slightly in a thank-goodness-it's-you-not-me type way! She said she definitely doesn't want kids. I had to make up an excuse not to go & have a meal at my brothers tonight (evening meal is the worst). I don't know how long I'll be able to make up excuses for.

Are you working today? I think we're going to brave the cold & go out somewhere to try to distract me. DH appears to have woken up with a cold, which isn't great. Really don't want to catch that on top of the ms!

Hope you have a god weekend. xxx

Hope u are having s nice day.

Ive been feeling sick all morning. Was nearly going to cancel work but ive got through it!!!! Havent eaten much. Just a couple of biscuits and a banana.

Got friends round tonight for an indian. Dont feel like it now but hopefully will later.
Ive got a friends bday meal next week which i think im going to make an excuse up not to go as wont be drinking and just dont fancy eating around people.
Its snowed here...have u got any? X

i got my letter today for my scan!

Tuesday 26th March at 1.20pm

xxx

How exciting about your scan! One month today! How many weeks will you be then?

How has you ms been? I has my worst day yet yest, but not so bad today. Trying to focus on other things.

My DH has gone pushchair mad! We picked up some brochures on Sat & he. Has been studying them ever since. He seems to have very expensive tastes! He likes the icandy strawberry. I liked it too in the shop, as its light, but it seems very expensive. Do you have any preference yet?

Have you been brave enough to try sex yet? I still haven't, but really haven't felt like it with ms. I showed DH my nipples at the weekend to show him how thy we're changing & he screamed!! Really not very confidence building!!

xxx

I will be 12 +2 on the day of my scan. Just cant wait to see if there is a baby in there lol.

I felt sick sunday night but we stayed up late as hubby put up new curtains in the living room and i just got very tired and past it. Other than that i have been ok.
Ive looked at a few pushchairs online but not in life. I would like a silvercross i think but not sure really.
So sweet that your hubby is getting excited!!
I havent had sex yet either but i do feel horny lol. I want to have sex but so scared it might spoil something. I will let u know if i dtd sometime lol. Whats happening to your nipples? Mine seem a bit larger but thats all
Xxx

Hi

Hope nobody minds me chiming in.I remember Mrsbroodypants from some of the TTC forums.I got my BFP confirmed on Monday and am expecting Oct 30.I am five weeks and obviously very nervous and trying to get through the ensuing weeks...This is my first and am 38 nearly 39 and really scared...just wanted to say hi and hope everybody's pregnancy s are going well.

I will take any advice! Wondering how you all were doing at 5 weeks...

Hi tessjs,

Congrats on the bfp! As this is also my first pregnancy i dont have much advice to give. At 5 weeks i felt like i do now....not many symptoms! I have a constant cold, tired and sore boobs but not much else. Poor pansy has bad sickness that lasts all day.
I hope u have a happy & healthy 9 months xxx

Hi,
Are u having a nice weekend?what u been up to? Not long til u see the midwife :) xxx

Hello!

How are you? Sorry I haven't been on here for a while. Sickness is continuing to dominate my life. Really not enjoying it. I am keeping food down, but am sick in night, on waking & between meals. It feels like I'm enduring each day. Really hope this stage will be over soon!

I'm very excited about seeing midwife on Fri. It seems like a milestone to make it to. It won't actually make any difference will it, but at least it's something to look forward to. I wonder if I will be given scan date then or have to wait to get it by post.

I'm also itching to tell people. I can't believe it's still 3 weeks. It will be great when we can talk to people. Are you enjoying talking to your mum? Have you told anyone else?

xxx

Hi,
Sorry to hear how u are feeling so sick. Ive missed u on here!

Ive had days where im going crazy and not believing im pregnant. My mum and DH must be getting fed up of having to convince me that i actually am pregnant. I do get quite bloated on an evening, do u? I really like it when my tummy sticks out and helps me to feel pregnant.
Also.......we had sex on monday night!! Only lasted about 4 mins lol but feel good now ive done it and all seems well afterwards.
Only a couple of days to your appointment! I think u will get your scan date in the post as thats how i got mine.
2 weeks and 6 days til my scan!!! Really hoping all is well.

Hope your ms gives u a break soon xxx

Oh dear re still not being convinced! I wonder when we start feeling them move, that ought to convince you! I don't think I get bloated at night, but I haven't really been looking below my boobs ( which just look alien to me now, they are huge!!). With the ms I've lost 3 kg since finding out, which I definitely could do with, so that's quite good, ESP as I reckon my boobs must be about a kg heavier!!

Yey re the sex!! Glad it didn't cause any problems. Nothing here still, definitely not in the mood. DH hasn't been worrying for it, don't think he finds me that attractive in my nauseous state!

I had my midwife appt this Am - yey! She was really nice and the birthing unit seemed modern & clean. V tempted to have the bay there now, although I'm worried about it not being a proper hospital with theatre. Anyway, meeting midwife was fun. It took 1.5hrs. My favourite question was "are you & the baby's father related biologically?"!!! I didn't get a Bounty pack as they had run out. Does it ave anything good in it?

Have you joined Cow & Gate pregnancy club? They sent me a pregnancy diary & cow toy last week. (I opted out of formula marketing) They also have a helpline you can ring with queries, which is quite good if you feel it's something too trivial to bother midwife with. I rang about my ms & they were v reassuring.

How exciting that your scan is so soon. I should hear about mine by the end of next week. I think it will be the week after Easter.

Won't it be cool next year when (touch wood) Mothers Day will be for us too? Will your mum find it hard ths year?

xxx

Hello!
Glad u appointment went well and your midwife is nice. The bounty pack looks far more exciting than it atcually is. Got lots of leaflets in, a couple of vouchers i will prob not use and a little book but their in more info on our phone apps then im the little book.

Your a green olive now!!!!

I also joined cow&gate and got the cow & diary. The cow smells funny lol. Its good that they have a careline - i could ring about not believing it but they would prob think i was mental lol.

We are seeing DH mum on sunday morning and then mine on the afternoon. Need to keep my mum busy this year i think. What are your plans?

Let me know as soon as u get your scan date. Did they say it would come in the post? Mine did & took almost 2 weeks from midwife appointment
Xxx

Yes, they said it would come in the post, but should be here by next Fri as there aren't that many weeks left when it has to be done at 12 weeks!

We're going to see both our mums on Sunday somehow, although my mum has a cold, so if she's still infectious I won't be seeing her. Trying very hard to avoid any one with germs at the moment! Last year we cooked a meal for them both, this year I can barely organise getting some flowers! Hope DH's mum will understand how rubbish we're being when she finds out reason why in a few weeks.

If you feel like it, ring the cow & gate people. They were really sympathetic & helpful, they wouldn't think you were insane. It might make a change from talking to your DH about it.

We're off to look at pushchairs at John Lewis today apparently. It's a bit of a long journey, so I'm not looking forward to that. DH bought me some aeroplane style sick bags, which helps me feel a bit more relaxed in the car! (Although I refuse I touch/look at them till I need them - I've always hated seeing them on a plane!)

Hope you have a good weekend. xxx

Sorry for all the spelling mistakes in my last post lol too early!
Have a lovely time pushchair shopping....very exciting!!
How sweet that your hubby bought u some sick bags lol i does help if u know they are available. I feel sick this morning. Always seem to feel sick on a sat morning which is the only day i need to get up early for work. I think the worrying about feeling sick makes feeling sick worse lol.
Have a nice weekend mother to be!!
Xxx

Hello!

I've seen my baby!!! I've seen it's little heart beating & it moving its arms or legs about! It even did a big jump as we watched. DH & I both cried! It was so amazing!

The way it came about wasn't quite so amazing. I was sick 9 times on Mon. When I was sick again on Tues AM I rang my midwife who said visit dr. Dr found ketones in my urine so said I was dehydrated & had to go to A&E. DH came home early from work & off we went (I was in quite a panicky state at this point! Really don't like hospitals!)

After 3 hours in A&E corridor I finally got a cubicle. 4 hours later (9pm) they admitted me to a ward & I had a drip over night & anti sickness pills. Terrible nights sleep, so noisy, light & busy in ward, plus v uncomfy with cannula in. But the gynae who said I had to stay over night said I could have a scan in the AM to check for twins. I was discharged from ward at 9am, went down to maternity & was given a vaginal scan straight away. I was so worried that they might not find anything or it might be ectopic, but straight away I saw its heart beating! I still can't believe it.

Now I feel exhausted, still a bit sick and generally a bit rubbish. But it was worth it to see my little baby! And get a pic! She said its the right size for 9 weeks.

When we got home, we found a letter giving are scan date!! It's on Easter Sat, 30th.

How are you doing? Hope youre keeping the faith about baby being in there. not long till you see yours. xxx

Oh my god as if u have actually seen your baby!!! Thats amazing. Im jealous about that part.
Sorry u had to be in hospital though and feel so bad. U poor thing!
And now u have your scan date u can really look forward to it!
Im still not believing it. I really want to see if something is in there. Its driving me crazy. I did another hpt yesterday and its still the strongest positive ever! Lol just counting down the days til 26th.
Have u told anyone else now u have seen baby?
Xxx

I'm jealous of you not being sick! I know I'm so so lucky to have seen baby, but you will get to see yours in 12 days (only 12 days!!!!) & you won't have been sick a million times!

You do make me laugh with your HPT taking! You are becoming a POAS addict! I'm glad it's still +ve tho! I read on a thread somewhere that it gets to a saturation point, where it can't get any darker, so if you are mad enough to take another one before your scan & it's not any darker, don't panic will you? You just have to believe!

Do you talk to baby at all? When I've been feeling really sick I've been singing nursery rhymes to mine. I know it can't hear me, but it calms me down. I was very tachycardic when I went to hospital & the nurse told me I had to get my heart rate down as that was more of a risk to baby than the hyper...thingy. She left the pulse monitor on me & told me to try to get it down before she came back. I did manage to reduce it enough for her to be happy, but I think I will have to do some daily relaxation or something to keep me calm. (I'm naturally quite an anxious person)

My youngest brother left for Malaysia for 3 weeks late on Tues night. I was meant to talk to him before he went, so when I realised I was being admitted, I had to ring him from the hospital. He wanted to know why I hadn't answered all day so I said I was fine but in hospital. His first question was is it to do with being pregnant!! I couldn't really lie to that one, so I had to tell him. He was pleased, although upset I hadn't told him sooner. I then told my other brother yest, as I didn't think it was fair to just tell one. Oh, and on Mother's Day, we told DH's mum. It was a spur of the moment thing, but I'm pleased we did, as it was the best reaction yet - she cried! So sweet! (DH has never seen her cry with happiness before) How about you, have you told anyone else?

I think I'm going to have to tell my boss this afternoon. I haven't been to work this week & she will ring me this afternoon, so I think I will have to tell her what has been wrong with me. It will be a relief as I have not been at my usual standard for a few weeks, so at least she'll understand why. I'm going to ask her not to tell my colleagues though.

I'm having a lazy day today. I feel less sick than yest, but I'm still taking it easy. I'm not dressed yet! DH has been such a star- he took day off work yest & when I slept in PM he tidied whole of downstairs. Hope your DH is spoiling you too? xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->