• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pansy & Mrsbroodypant.....and Lottie :-)

Hi,

Cabaret went well thanks. Tired now!

Ive never been to preston before either lol. But we got married at Gisborough Hall which is a Mcdonald Hotel so we are gradually working our way around all those hotels in the uk, so thats the only reason we are going there. Manchester is good for shopping! We usually go to Scotland or the lakes, devon etc for uk hols. Down south is really nice.
We are lucky too & dont have any snow......yet...i think it is on its way though.
Im nervous for my scan but need to know either way. Not knowing is worse than dealing with the truth. If there is a baby there then i will definately believe it! I just need to see with my own eyes. I really cant imagine me having a scan picture of my own!! If alls well then i will try to relax & enjoy the journey. I hope sooo much that i have a baby with a heartbeat! That would be amazing & a dream come true!

Your a lime now.....much better than a prune :)

This time next week we will of both had our scans.
Xxxxxx

Wow you're 12 weeks! Does that mean your 2nd trimester or is it at the end of the 12 weeks? Are plums bigger than limes?? Plums I've seen have usually been tiny'

Scotland is another place I want to go. I spent 2 weeks there on a field trip once, and would love to go again. Another of my closest friends lives in Glasgow & we keep meaning to visit her, but have just never got round to it. We've got a week off in June & might go to the Lakes then (again never been). I'd like to go abroad, (although not by plane as I find that scary & don't want to let baby feel my fear) but I don't know if I'll feel like it in June. After experiencing hospital here, I don't know that I'd want to risk having to go to a hospital abroad. We've been to France a lot more than we've been to the north of UK, so maybe we should just stick to the uk this time. Where have you been in Devon?

We've got an un identified smell coming from our kitchen sink which is driving me insane! I'm hyper sensitive to smells anyway, but this is horrible! It's been there fir a few weeks, but isn't there all the time. We've taken unbend apart & there's nothing there. Yesterday I was so fed up with it I was saying we'd have to move house to escape it! I really hope DH can solve it today!

Hope you enjoy your dog walk. Wrap up warm! xxx

Still no snow today & the sun is out at the moment! Should be a nice day for a walk.

2nd tri is at the end of 12 weeks, so from 13 weeks, but i think i will get put back a bit when i have my scan. I know i ovulated later than cd14. I will probably get put back to the same as u!
Plums ive seen are smaller than limes too!

I cant remember where i was in devon but we travelled around a few beaches & towns. The dog loved it! We hired a cottage for a week with friends.
We went to gran canaria last november for 2 weeks, so not long ago. I wont go abroad whilst pregnant but plan on going somewhere next year, hopefully with our LO :)

I hope u get your sink sorted. Funny that u want to move because of it, thats the kind of thing id say!

Xxxx

Woohoo! Tomorrow!!! So close!

Were you monitoring ovulation the month you conceived? I'm pretty sure I ovulated on cd14 as it was 2nd month I was temping. My cycles were short (24) but it was the luteual phase that was short. So does that mean my date should be fairly accurate? I thought it might change cos my cycles are short, but using ovulation date makes sense. (I have a degree in Biology, you wouldn't believe it sometimes would you?! I even wrote a 3000 word essay on menstruation - it obviously sunk in!!)

That would be cool if you were due same date as me! Not that due dates mean a lot really do they?

Our sink is less stinky today, but it goes through phases. We bought a load of expensive cleaning products yesterday to throw down it, hopefully one of them will help (I convinced DH it was slightly cheaper to buy them than move!)

We were meant to be assembling a million ikea shelving units for MIL yesterday but she warned me she had a cold so I stayed away. My brother & his girlfriend popped in unexpectedly instead so that was really nice. He looked at scan & said its not quite got its looks yet has it?! Cheeky! Did you enjoy your walk?

My cousin is coming over today & we are going to visit my grandma who is in a home with dementia. I get nervous going out at the moment cos I'm worried I'll be sick (I've started being sick on waking again, despite pills) or I won't be able to get pills/food at the right time. But I'm sure I'll be fine. I'm going to tell her (yes there is at least one person I still haven't told!!) so that she can understand why I don't want to eat in a cafe & why I may react badly to strong smells. (I have only told close people & work really, I can't wait til Sat when (hopefully) I can tell the whole world!)

What are you up to today? xxx

Hello,

Sounds like u have been busy! I hope the cleaning products work for your sink :)

I got up at 6am today to go babysit my 4 month old nephew. He was good as gold & i enjoyed every minute. Back home now. I go collect my neice from school later then we go to dancing where i teach til 8pm so today is passes quite quick, although i long day from 6am!

Cant believe my scan is TOMORROW!!
I hope it goes well. If not then i will miss u as my bump buddie and this could be my last day reading the pregnancu forums. I know i dont sound very positive. I just dont know what to expect & what the outcome will be!
I will tell u straight away!!

Our walk was lovely yesterday but freezing! Then we went for a gorgeous sunday dinner.

Its snowing here today. I cant wait for the weather to brighten up!

Hope u are coping ok with your ms

Xxxx

P.s
Yes i was tracking ovulation although i did sleep out one night so missed one temp. Think i ovulated either cd17 or cd19 depending on that missing temp. So im expecting my due date to be later but as u said, its just a guide.
Xxx

Oh no, don't say that, you will be back on tomorrow, everything will be fine. I would miss you too. My mum even asks how's Janine getting on, cos I keep mentioning you! I will be anxiously awaiting an update & hopefully a picture of your LO.

Glad your day is so busy, kids are great for taking your mind off things. My grandma was asleep most of the time, but it was nice to see my cousin. She was really excited & says she feels like she's going to be an aunt!

I bought a picture frame for my scan & it arrived today. Now the 1st scan in on the mantelpiece, proudly displayed. We'll hopefully change it to our new one on Sat. I hope you have one to display tomorrow. xxx

Thats lovely that u have a new picture frame for your scan!

As if my scan is TODAY!

I slept quite well considering. Its the strangest feeling. Im nervous like its my wedding day or something. Its certainly a big event.

I will let u know the outcome asap and then probably tell u in more detail later. My scan is at 1.20pm.

Xxxxx

I can't believe it's today either! Im glad you slept well. I hope you're able to keep calm this morning. I wonder if baby will do a big wave or a big jump while you're watching, just to go believe I'm here mum!

Funny that you mentioned your wedding, after my scan I felt like it was a more magical moment than my wedding day. I didn't think anything would ever be as joyous as my wedding day, but those few moments of seeing the baby felt amazing. I really hope that's how it is for you today.

Good luck, keep as calm as possible & remember to fill your bladder! I'll be thinking of you! xxx

The time is going sooo slow!

Ive put the slow cooker on for a nice dinner later. Im all ready to go! Just got to wait a couple of hours before setting off
Xxx

Time is going so slowly here now, waiting to hear your results! At 1:20 I was driving & Phil Collins "I can feel it in the air tonight" came on the radio. The line "I've been waiting for this moment for all my life" made me cry thinking about what you were hopefully seeing. (I'm crying again now writing it - I wasn't quite this emotional before, honestly!!)

Really hope you've had some good news by now... xxx

GOOD NEWS

I BELIEVE IT NOW :)

A healthy baby! It waved at us and we saw the heartbeat. but it was curled up all cosy so they could date it properly or see to do the downs check. I have another scan booked for next wed! Cant wait to go again!!
She thinks im about 11 weeks ish, which is what i thought as i ovulated late.

So so happy!!! Im so lucky.

Xxx

Yay!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy for you! And you get a scan next week as well! How cool is that?! V cute that it waved at you.

Yay!!!!!!! xxx

Thank u!

That was the quickest reply in the history of our conversations lol.

Going to tell the inlaws now.
I cant stop smiling :)

Xxx

I have been checking this thread every few minutes all afternoon! I really wanted to hear your good news! I'm so pleased we can still be bump buddies. Hope you enjoy telling the in laws! How exciting! xxx

Did you get some good pics? Did you buy all 4 this time or will you wait till next week? (You wait for weeks for a scan & then 2 come along at once!!) When you have time, let me know how the whole thing went. Did you have a long wait? What was your reaction when you saw your LO? Do you feel as joyous as on your wedding day?

I'm so excited for you! I'm counting down the days til Sat now! xxx

Hello bump buddie!

Very very happy. What an amazing day!
On the way to the scan i was sipping a bottle of water as i didnt want to be desprate for the toilet whilst being scanned. We were early so sat in the car park for 10 mins then went in and we only had to wait for about 10 mins before my name got called. I went in & the lady asked if it was my first scan & i said yes & that i have no symptoms so been finding it hard to believe lol. DH said as soon as she started the scan he saw the baby straight away but i asked 'is there anything there?' & she moved the screen for me to see & showed me the heartbeat & i started crying. She told me to go empty bladder as it was too full. I came back & the baby was curled up so she got me to rock about & jump around but it wouldnt stretch out. We went for a 20min walk & mars bar as she said sugar might wake it up! But when we returned it was still curled. I asked if it was ok & didnt have a hunch back lol. She said its just cosy but could measure properly for due date or downs. She spent ages trying so we saw the baby for a long time which was great! The baby waved at us. We got a nice pic but the lady said we would probably get a better one next week. We still bought 4 though as we wanted to tell family. I can believe it now i see the pic!!

Afterwards we went to see my mum who was working in my shop. She is very happy & loves the pic.
We went home & printed off a copy of the inlaws family tree (they have been doing lots of research on it) and added our baby to it!! We took it to the inlaws & they were so pleased. I started crying & they were hugging me! Then DH sister came & we told her & her children. Our neice said 'is the baby here now?' lol funny as!!! Then her husband came in & we told him too!!

We then went to visit my brother & i got to bath my nephew! My brother & his wife were very excited! Our children will be close in age. He said he knew i was pregnant because when all my nieces & nephews were playing twister i wouldnt join in & thats not like me!!! I next rang my other brother as he lives too far away to go tonight & he said he knew because i wouldnt play twister lol.....of all things! Lol

So now its your scan next & then mine again. We love getting scans we do :)

Thank u for all your positive thoughts. You have helped me through all those weeks. And now i finally have proof im looking forward to the rest of this crazy journey with you :)

Xxx

Aww, your story made me cry again! That moment when you first see it is soooooo amazing. Did you spot the heartbeat straight away? It was such a relief to see that. Did DH cry? Mine was definitely tearful, although he denies it now, but I saw! I couldn't stop smiling after either. The dr said something to me & then said but you don't care at the moment do you?! I still can't remember what she said, I hope it was nothing important!

So, how much do I need to fill my bladder? Parking is a complete nightmare at our hospital, so DH wants to get a bus from the town centre, but I'm not convinced that wont make me feel sick, especially if I have a full bladder. So were you completely desperate to pee before or you'd just drunk a comfortable amount? I really don't get this bladder filling thing.

Are you going to buy anything now, or are you not really past 12 weeks? As its 12 weeks on Sat, if our scan goes well, we're going to buy something little. I've banned my MIL & SIL from buying anything til 12 weeks, but I think as soon as we pass Sat they will buy something & I want to be the first person to buy something for my baby!

When are you off to Preston? That'll be so lovely having a weekend of just the 3 of you to get used to it all again. My DH wants to take a photo of the 3 of us plus scan on Sat, if all goes well, which I thought was sweet.

How funny that it was twister that gave you away! Are you going to tell your friends now or wait a bit longer?

Upload your scan pic if you can, I'd love to see it.

No more talk of leaving the boards, we're in this together til October! (And then we can be baby buddies!)

Hope you're still smiling today. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->