Pantomimes

wildflower79

Reaction score
Is anybody planning on going this Christmas?

We took DD to her first one (and my first one since I was little) last year and I wasn't quite sure what it would be like, but we all loved it!

We just went to our local YMCA one, which we'll go to again. It's Aladdin this year.

I'm debating whether to book it for boxing day or the weds, but think weds might be better so it spreads things out a bit. I'd love to go Xmas Eve, but it doesn't open till boxing day.

I'm also not sure whether to take dd2, who'll be 23 months. I'd love her to come along, but not sure she'd sit still for more than 10 mins! It's only an extra £4 to book a family ticket for us all though, so might risk it and ask grandparents to be on standby to come pick her up if she's had enough.

I went to my frst when I was 6 or 7, my grandma took me. It was Cinderella and I loved it.
OH isn't into that sort of thing so family-esque booking would go a miss. I doubt DD2 would sit through it all too.

DD1's school is taking them to watch Jack and the Beanstalk, but she doesn't want to go.

My girls school is taking them to see Beauty and the Beast this year which I'm sure they'll absolutely love.

We have one near us that's for younger children so planning to go to that. We didn't go last year but friends with children the same age said it was good.

We did the cinema yesterday for My Little Pony. DD2 did okay but got very restless half a hour towards the end.

I went to pantomimes from around 5 years old I think. We went every year and I loved it :) I've not taken my kids to one yet but I think my DD would enjoy it :)

I think last yr was ds2 first one and he was 3, he fell aslee as we had been ice skating then walked across town to the theatre!!
I haven't thought about whether to take dd this yr, she does sit nicely but if it's not her thing she might not. We are going to take the others though

I really want to go. I used to love it when I was younger. This year is jack and the beanstalk and I remember that being one of my favourites. I think Rio would love it but I also don’t think he would sit through it all so I’m thinking of waiting another year, even though i really don’t want to. Plus I like to be at the front to get in on all the fun and all the good seats are gone now.

Ive taken DD every year since she was 3 and she loves it. We go to a lovely theatre whose panto is aimed at under 10s so there's quite a relaxed feel about it which is great. Booked again for this year and will be bringing 9 month old DS- have an aisle seat and will nip out to the foyer with him if he becomes too restless or upset.

We've booked Aladdin for the day after Eva's 2nd birthday. She's got much better at sitting and watching things so I think she'll last a while. It starts at 10.30 so should work on timing wise but we're on an aisle seat if not.

Going tot he pantomime is one of my favourite Christmas traditions :). We're going to see Sleeping Beauty this year. We don't take DD2 (2) as she wouldn't enjoy it but the bugger two (4+6) love going :D

My mum wants to take DD1 to the 'normal' panto (sleeping beauty). Wondering if DD2 who is 3 would sit still enough.
I prefer the other local one geared towards under fives but DD1 may find that boring.
Guess we can only try. How long is a panto show usually? 2 hours with an interval?

We're seeing Beauty and the Beast this year, both DDs are going but not DS as he won't sit still for that length of time these days!

My mum wants to take DD1 to the 'normal' panto (sleeping beauty). Wondering if DD2 who is 3 would sit still enough.
I prefer the other local one geared towards under fives but DD1 may find that boring.
Guess we can only try. How long is a panto show usually? 2 hours with an interval?

Last year ours went on for just over 3 hours! That included the interval.

Dh had to go out and move the car, cos we'd only parked in a 2 hour zone thinking that would be long enough 😂

We LOVE panto and go as a family every year as our Christmas tradition! We usually go to the winter wonderland before or after it too and make a day of it. Surprising how far ahead seats get booked up though, we booked ours in July and still couldn't get the day/seats we wanted! x

My DD is going to her first pantomime this year! A Sleeping Beauty pantomime just before Christmas and she's sitting near the front too!

Panto is fab. DS1’s school usually take them so we don’t tend to go at Christmas. I do normally perform in panto in Feb half term though. We are doing Alice in wonderland this time and my children will be coming to watch for the first time.

Last year was the first year we took both of them to the theatre at Christmas. We went to see the night before Christmas. This year we are going to see the borrowers at my favourite theater. (It used to be an mill and still has a working water wheel in it)

My dd2&3 are going to see Cinderella panto with nursery which will be very interesting (dd2 has never in her life sat and watched a film, nor can she sit on her bum for longer than 19 seconds) I am going as a parent helper which will also be interesting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->