Parents gifts...

aly888

Lana-Boo's mummy & WTT #2
Reaction score
Between OH and I we've got three sets of parents...his mum & dad, then my parents are separated and remarried.

So far for their 'gifts' we've got my mum, my dad and his mum a photo frame each personalised with 'mother/father of the bride/groom'...but my step mum and his dad have also put a lot into the wedding. Especially my step mum. So I don't want to leave them out.

I was going to get each pair of parents a bottle of champagne (or similar) from my work. Will that be enough or do we need to get them something extra? Maybe we get a bunch of flowers for my stepmum (she is making our cake!!!) but I already know that'll just piss MIL off :shrug: but we can't afford to be spending £££s on them

Ok, so I've written an essay...i suppose what I'm asking is, is the frame and a bottle of something enough? I feel like it doesn't recognise their individual efforts enough :nope:

I'd keep all.3 sets of parents the same. And quietly give step mum some flowerz for the cake.

Hmm thats a tough one!
I think its enough but then i do think people that have done more should be thanked a bit more like your Stepmum with the cake!

How about giving her something before the wedding so MIL doesnt kick off!!

In all honesty id say tough if your MIL is upset if someone helped you then why shouldnt they be thanked ! X

I hadn't thought about giving stepmum something seperate away from the celebrations. Thank you. I think that's what I'll do.

Perfect_Pink, I agree. But I'm not necessarily doing it to spare her feelings, more to save us having to listen to her complaints afterwards :lol: She has helped out too. But she's also meddled and interferred and insisted on certain people coming to the wedding so that's her "gift" :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->