Passport advice uk

hayz_baby

Mummy to 3 boys!
Reaction score
Hey hoping someone can give advice. My current passport is due to expire at the end of this year. (Adult) I get married in April so would like my married name on the passport. What's best, to wait till April?

I looked into getting my passport changed to my married name before the wedding. You can do it 3 months before but you have to get a legal letter signed by priest or registrar to confirm that you are indeed getting married and that if the wedding doesn't go ahead they are responsible for letting the passport office know the wedding didn't go ahead.

Just remember thought that if you are planning on going anywhere before the date you get married you can't as they post date your passport to the day of the wedding xxx

Thank you. We have no plansto going abroad, we get married in April and it expires in December so I don't think that would work. Do I just get a new passport after I get married?

I would just wait Til april to renew ☺️

I would wait until April to renew with your married name.

If you renew now with your maiden name, it will cost a full passport to change to it your married name at a later date.

I didn't bother changing my name on my passport when I got married as I had 7 years left on it and I refused to pay for another one until it ran out. I just booked holidays in my maiden name or if I needed it for ID, I took my marriage cert as well.

My passport runs out next year so will update it to my married name then.

If you're not going anywhere I would just renew it after you get married

Just renew after you get married. I kept my maiden name on my passport too, have only just changed it. It got a bit elaborate when we travelled to America as their immigration do like to quiz you!

I don't need to show my passport again to the registrar when we get married? (Already given notice)

Just wait till April. You don't need to show it to the registrar, you only do that when you give notice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->