Passport/travel advice?

princess_1991

Lily and PG with Twins!
Reaction score
So I'm sorting dhs passport application form and because it's his first they said it can take up to 6 weeks,
The problem I'm having it the holiday we wanna go on is in 8 weeks and I wanna book it while it's still cheap!
However with the passport place they say don't book a holiday until you have your passport,
We have the money now and I'm worried if we leave it any longer money's Gunna get taken out the holiday fund for one reason or another and never gets put back :dohh:

Do I risk it and book or wait after all it is 2 weeks after the maximum time they say :shrug:

What would you do?

If it was me i'd book the holiday ASAP whilst it's still cheap then get the passport application sent off straight away. I think if you pay a little extra they try and get it back quicker?

If its his first ever passport won't he need to be interviewed or don't they do that anymore? :shrug: hopefully someone else can help...

Yeah he'll have to be interviewed but they include the time for that in the 6 weeks :thumbup:
It'll be sent check and send which usually gets it done a bit quicker but we can't pay for fast tracked because it's his first
I'm Gunna have a look if it'll be the same price if we go the week later and then book it tonight cuz if they don't have the passport back in 9 weeks I'm sure there's a problem :haha:

Can you not go down to your closest office and do it there and then? You can also pay more to have it done quicker.

We didn't have to have an interview with my LO and it was done within 2 weeks. I think they say 6 weeks to give themselves leeway x

You can't pay to have it fast tracked with your first passport so it's a bit pants!
I have known people go for their interview and walk out the office with theor passports so fingers crossed!!

We needed new passports last year (one of them a first time one) I left the applications into the passport office on a Friday afternoon and my passports arrived the following Wednesday :) They have to give you the longest time it CAN take and that is 6 weeks but usually you have them within 2 weeks.

None of us where ever interviewed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->