Past and Present TTCers~ The continuation of IVF 2012 - present!

Snd: Yes off and on! It kills!! How far along are you now? Time for a ticker.

See - DH is absolutely set on having everything tested ... I would be OK for the nuchal testing - don't want amniocentesis ... he is just terrified of something being wrong.
Personally, I wouldn't worry (but am considered high risk because of age + infertility treatment ... plus one Aunt with Downs and one Aunt with physical anomaly in her arms) ... and I have a totally different view to DH if the results were to point towards a higher risk of trisomy ... :(

Mamali that baby is too much! Omg so stinking cute!!

That reminds me - snd ... are you on Facebook? If so, would you like to join our FB group? It is a private group, just with a few people from this thread :)

Jenn- Is this better? Babygaga gave me fits and this was the only one I could find to work... and there are NO twin tickers!!! =(

Bu- Not on facebook... deactivated mine cause the "bitter infertile woman" got tired of seeing so many baby bumps, pg ladies, etc. :dohh:

Wohoooo - you have two strawberries in there :) :) <3
Totally get the freaking out on Facebook thing! Got close to it myself a few times ;)

Jenn- Is this better? Babygaga gave me fits and this was the only one I could find to work... and there are NO twin tickers!!! =(

Bu- Not on facebook... deactivated mine cause the "bitter infertile woman" got tired of seeing so many baby bumps, pg ladies, etc. :dohh:

I feel you snd. I haven't deactivated mine, but I unsubscribed most of my friend updates as the "bitter infertile woman" doesn't want to see their updates. I use it mostly for some FB groups that I am in. And I love our ladies group on there too. That aside I am not active on FB either.

I have been having anxiety attacks and have been trying to avoid much social contact. Looks like I have been deficient in magnesium and taking supplements has now taken care of a chronic problem. Also I think I am teething again, and probably I am going to sprout my 33rd tooth. WEIRD!! I have that familiar teething soreness and maybe it is going to be a 4th molar. Extra wisdom teeth . Eek!!

I am also very anxious about the recurrent pregnancy loss testing that we are going through. Most of the tests are done, but we don't have the results yet.
I am most worried about DH's test. When we started out for IVF, there was no male factor issues. But now apparently that's a new problem. We are doing sperm DNA fragmentation test. Does anyone here know what the options are if the results come back bad.
Stinas and Bubu- Could share your experience on TESE ? I can't remember if anyone else did TESE. I would hate it for DH to have to do TESE. But I'd rather know.

Jenn - Mine were the same until 3 weeks ago! Now both heads in my ribs and both feet on my bladder lol Always at night they go up soooo high in my ribs that you can see my boobs lifting lol Super cool, weird and painful at same time!

BUBU - We had the down syndrome and the tri testing done...cant remember what else....we agreed to do everything but an amnio. We had decided if the babies were not healthy we would not continue. Hard decision, but its something we both agreed on. We just didn't think it was fair.
Im sure if you start off with the easy tests the docs will tell you if you should or need the others. Like our doc told us we could do the amnio to see exactly whats the situation with the heart....but.....it does not change anything...nor can they do anything in utero, so the risks of miscarriage from the amnio is not worth finding out. Risk is much higher of mc with multiples.

snd - Get used to a lot of aches and pains....back was first for me.....it comes and goes, then the carpal tunnel started....now its just everywhere lol

Mamali - What a cutie pie!

Honey - DH found the TESE pretty painful....they pretty much split his balls in half and dug through the tissue. Urologist does it, but the tissue he collects gets inspected by the IVF embryologist, who then determines which sperm is viable for IVF.
Our urologist found like 3 sperm....which freaked me the hell out....i went home crying....then a day later IVF called me saying start the BCPs and we have 3/4 vials for ICSI. I believe we still have one or two left, but not sure if there is any good sperm in there. DH will never do it again, so if our next frozen transfer does not work, we are done.
Recovery from TESE for DH took a couple weeks. He stayed home for a week from work, then we went to Bahamas for a few days, BIG mistake....we thought he would be ok, but as my nephew said "he is walking like he has a stick up his ass". Poor guy was miserable.
Now we can say it was all worth it!
Does your doc think he needs to do it?

Thanks Stinas , it sounds so scary and painful. I'm sure DH would be willing to do it if doctor recommends. But we don't know yet if we need it. We don't have his fragmentation results yet. Now this male factor thing is a new feather on our infertility hat. His swimmers were perfect until last year. But having seen me go through all the IVF stuff and particularly the bad OHSS , he feels he needs to do his bit too. But I don't think I want him to do anything more. Let's just hope the results are just fine and we don't need it. I have been reading up on male factor issues and wanted to be informed about TESE. I have been having liver issues too from the OHSS and other medications for IVF. So if his results are bad I am really ready to call it quits and remain childless forever. My body anyways doesn't like staying pregnant.

Also did the TESE leave any scarring?

The TESE did not leave any scarring. It was gross, but it was a 2/3 week inconvenience...then it was over, so its not so bad. Don't be scared to do it if you have to and don't give DH too many details about it, all men may have balls, but when it comes down to it, they are all wimps. lol
My RE actually told me its easier to "fix" a male factor than a female one. I guess its easier to pinpoint things....i dk.

I agree Kathy.......we used to be chatter bugs......now nothing!

It's cause this thread is lucky and everyone is getting their :bfp:'s along the way!!!! :winkwink:

I'll start it back up..... How is everyone?!

I like having a lucky thread ... If Kathy is hearing crickets, then I am sure Jimminy is hopping around and sprinkling her with luck <3

When can we celebrate FET???

I am doing OK, thanks snd. Can't wait to see Pünktchen next week Friday! My abdomen / tummy is so swollen - and the top of my uterus is just above my pelvic bone (can feel it) - but don't get why I look pregnant ... not my little one yet ... and even if I suck as much in as possible, there is still a bump there and it is hard! Can't figure it out, must have some serious bloating going on *lol*

How about everyone else? :hugs:

Yeah Kathy .....when are you starting???

BUBU - Your belly is just getting ready for baby to grow!!! Enjoy the little bump now, because as it grows, it can get uncomfortable.

I have officially hit the very uncomfortable stage. I can't bend, can't get off the couch or bed good....and I'm not even huge! How in the world do some people do it?!?! lol
Baby A weighed in at 4.9lbs and Baby B....my big boy is 5.1lbs!!!
My little man has his butt in my right rib, head to head with his sister in my left rib. Both still breech and doc thinks its going to stay this way. She said after next week stay close to home because she does not think I will make it much longer. Oh thanks I told her!
I have a few more things to get done, but i have zero energy to do anything. This weekend is my last weekend working....sad, but I don't think I can hang much longer....my swollen feet stop me.
Other than that, no news here!

Stinas you do sound uncomfortable! So you will have a csection then? at not that bad to recover from. The procedure is a bit weird but not bad at all. I noticed after 32 weeks my belly kept growing exponentially so I can only imagine how you are feeling at this point. Prop those feet up! What kind of work do you do?

Bubu yay fot baby bump lol! Your ovaries are probably still a little swollen. I'm trying to remember when I could feel my uterus but I can't. But I remember around 9 weeks I had a small bump and was like people are going to start asking! Bloating is common also so make sure you take a stool softener... It can be very unpleasant! I can't wait for your next update after your scan!! :)

Not sure yet when I begin....Im waiting on some answers from the dr....no rush here ...but I am excited!

Mo - ill do a c section if I come early too. Glad to hear the surgery is not that bad. I was a bit worried! My belly just feels super low and heavy. Does not look like a twin belly at all.

Kathy - I'm excited for u to start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->