Past and Present TTCers~ The continuation of IVF 2012 - present!

We're loving our holiday, I'm just reading stuff at the moment on here...
Going to kids pottery barn today, last week bought some maternity clothes that I'm loving! ... Tomorrow Sea World, Thursday is my Uncle's birthday... Friday evening we fly back home :cry: ... On Monday, I get to see Pünktchen again <3 ... NT scan (last possible day, I'm 14w on Monday) xxx

Yes this thread has gone to the crickets but I imagine it's because we are all enjoying our babies and/or our pregnancies. Most of us active here have had our babies and/or pregnant and I found when I was pregnant I didn't have much to say b/c although pregnancy is great it's kinda "boring" in the forum world. I can't wait for bubu scan on Monday!! Once the scans stop there isn't much more until delivery.

Kathy I can't wait for your scan!! I'm so excited for you!!!

I think we all keep up in FB more now.... We have a group if you are not there. Message me your FB name and I'll add you :)

Mo...I am nervous for Monday! Right now the week is going pretty slow but by tomorrow I'm sure it is going to fly by! My boobs are starting to hurt and my lower back is bothering me......I was pretty crampy yesterday but as soon as I got up from my desk to take a short walk I was fine....I'm trying my hardest to stay positive....because I am truly excited but each time I feel a dam cramp I'm back to being nervous nelly again.....I'm so all over the place...lol..I'm a mess.

Cramps are normal :) i know you are nervous after everything. I was too!! I'm sure all will be great!

Kathy am doing great. Can't wait for monday already!!! I know you can't help worrying, but everything will turn out fine dear, God's willing.

Bubu glad you are enjoying your holiday!

Mo I agree with you, pregnancy is kinda boring! but we are all more active on facebook.

Snd how are you doing?

Hey ladies!!!! Sorry it took me sooooo long to update...its been hectic last few days, but we are finally home and all settled in. Slowly getting into a routine now.

Angeliki (Gigi)(Baby A) Born on April 25 at 8:12am - 5lbs 11oz 18.5in long

Yianni (Johnny)(Baby B) Made his appearance at whopping 2 min behind his sister 8:14 weighing 6lbs 8oz 19.5in

Gigi was admitted to the NICU right away due to fluid in lungs...she spent all of friday and most of saturday in there, which was upsetting, but it was only routine, so I am thankful for that.
Yianni was a champ from the start. In recovery he bf right away. I was contemplating doing it, but he found his way and just latched on like a champ. I was amazed actually. I fed him all of friday, but by sat he was starving and I had to formula feed. I was upset, but poor kid was too upset and hungry....I couldn't keep up. Not to mention they bottle feeding Gigi in NICU and she didn't want to latch on at all, so I just gave up on the whole bf thing.

I posted most pics on FB and instagram. They are just to die for! I stare at them all the time! lol

Kathy - I am super excited for you!

I am not a facebooker. I deleted my account years ago... I got tired of seeing all the preggos and their sonogram picts. Hurt too much, ya know? I guess I should rejoin again since I am now a preggo too... :dohh:

Been anxious to hear from Stinas...... :flower:

Kathy - so excited for Monday for you!!! It's your turn now hon!!!! :hugs:

Mamali - Thank you for asking! How's your sweet lil boy?! Sorry I have nothing exciting to report girls!! Getting bigger and had to break down and order new bras and some legit maternity clothes yesterday, which are a nightmare to find for plus size girls!!! :rofl: I have really gotten excited over the fact of having boys now!!! Seeing my hubby's face light up thinking about them makes it all more exciting! I've already starting buying matching clothes for them... :haha:

How is everyone else today?

Would love to have you on Facebook....we talk almost every day on our private page :) I would love to buy matching clothes...lol....Boys are fun!!!

Too quiet in here lately.
How is everyone?

Kathy????

kathy has scan tomorrow right? and bubu!

nothing new for me. Baby is fussy a lot and I am attempting to switch over to pumping but my trial run didnt yield enough milk to keep up with his demand so IDK what I'm going to do when I go back to work in 5 weeks. Hoping the last few days of frequent feeding/pumping do something for my supply. Breast feeding is hard! I don't blame those who start then stop or only do it for a few days. :)

Can't wait to hear about your update Kathy!!!! :hugs2:

I'm all ready to head off to the doctor... Am soooo looking forward to seeing little Pünktchen again <3 ... and it has been kind of unsettling not having my doppler here to check up on it - but I can't change that and soon, I will see if everything is OK.

Mo, fingers crossed for your milk supply :) xx

p.s. would love some more journal-stalkers :D

Bubu happy 14 weeks :happydance:, can't wait for your update!

Kathy am so excited for you today :happydance::happydance::h

Mo bf is hard!!! I couldn't pump enough for him when am at work so I just supplement with milk. It was a hard decision to make but all that matters is having a happy baby. I breastfeed when am home and he takes milk when am at work.

Stinas how are the twinkies doing? My :hugs:and :kiss:to them.

Mo I dont blame you!! I gave up after a day, but still feel guilty. He loved it, she didn't latch on, and I didn't make much....so, I said f this. I didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I did....sad that I couldn't do it.

Twinkies are good. Trying to get on a 3-4hr feeding schedule....its working out good, except she gets an upset tummy at night....so far its been twice, but man oh man does she not want to sleep. I have never seen an infant so alert. You watch her and she forces her eyes open! Its crazy!

Copying from my journal...:

Today finally arrived (nope, my suitcase hasn't yet, but we are expecting it some time tonight) and we drove to the gynaecologist this morning ...

Pünktchen is perfect! There is simply no other word to describe it!
... OK - I will get it out right at the beginning. The doctor looked and looked and said "well, I don't see anything ... the umbilical cord is a bit in the way ... but ... *provisionally* I think it is a girl" ... so it looks like it will be team :pink: and a Miss Pünktchen! (We go again in around 3 weeks or so, perhaps we will get more certainty then?) ...

NT-Scan - also perfect! She said there was practically nothing there! So we still have to wait for the bloods and can expect to hear in about a week or so, what our "statistics" are - but we are not worried!

Pünktchen waved at us, measures just under 8cms CRL ... at one point, she turned on her belly and stuck her bottom in the air .. "that's my girl, I thought" *grin* And DH was so sweet, he was stroking my foot and - looked like - blown away by what we were seeing. Proud Daddy :)

Blood pressure perfect, iron levels perfect, plenty of amniotic fluid for her to swim around in ... perfect looking spine, ribs, hands (you'll see on the pictures), sweet little profile... she is just perfect :cloud9:

We have about 9 pictures, but I am only uploading three. One full body picture, one with her waving and the last one, where we can see (we heard) the heartbeat <3

Attachments

• US Pünktchen 05.05.2014 - Profil - Ganzkörper.png
    US Pünktchen 05.05.2014 - Profil - Ganzkörper.png
    230.4 KB · Views: 4
  • US Pünktchen 05.05.2014 - Waving 2.png
    US Pünktchen 05.05.2014 - Waving 2.png
    233 KB · Views: 3
  • US Pünktchen 05.05.2014 HB.png
    US Pünktchen 05.05.2014 HB.png
    235.6 KB · Views: 2
Wanted to post a quick update from me!

I have a appt with a maternal fetal dr. tomorrow morning, which scared the crap outta me when they said they were sending me. My dr. said he wants a 2nd opinion about my glucose, which was 81 and they said normal, so IDK why they are sending me, but the nurse said he likes to send his IVF patients there as well. Hey, at least I will get some good detailed sonogram picts though!!!! Said they were gonna look over the boys head to toe and would probably take over an hour to do so, so I'm assuming sorta like the NT scan, or like the amnio scan?! So, yeah, that's that.

How is everyone else today?!

Hi! <3

Stinas...twinkies are absolutely adorable!!!!! Love seeing their pictures!

Bubu...lovely pictures! did they say or give you anytime frame of when you will be receiving your suitcase?

SNd...how are you feeling overall?

Mamali..how is Ibraheem doing?

Mo...how are you and Ezra doing?

How is everyone else <3

What a drama with the suitcases!!!
DH's arrived on Sunday at 22:58 (they said between 18:00 and 23:00)!!
Mine was landing in Munich yesterday at 10am .. and after many unsuccessful calls with entirely incompetent people, we were told, would be delivered last night between 20:00 and 21:00 ... by 22:00 it hadn't come and we called again, to be told, it could come within the next couple of hours ... it didn't!

Today, DH made a scene and they gave it to another courier service and we said it has to be here by 14:30, because I have to leave (which I have to do *gg*) ... it finally got here at 14:15 ... *phew* but seriously pissed off and had a hormonal break down last night, when I burst into tears from sheer frustration :(

Anyway, off to get my nails done :dance:

Kathy ... please put your Betas in your siggy... you won't be jinxing anything :kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->