Past and Present TTCers~ The continuation of IVF 2012 - present!

I wasn't told not to have sex - but one thing I had read in the internet (and that we did stick to) was waiting until we had seen the heartbeat.
After we had seen the heartbeat (6w2d) we were released to my gynaecologist and she said that there was no reason for us not to have sex. Progesterone and Oestrogen I took (vaginally) for several more weeks. Since I never had any bleeding / any spotting, we have been able to enjoy each other since about the 7th week.

Fluter congrats!!!!! Yay!!

Snd - getting close!!! How are u feeling?!

I know right!!! I'll be 32 weeks Thurs! Go to dr. to ck for dialation again then start going every week afterwards.... shit figgin to get REAL!!! And can I say I am scared to death!!!! Been thru my nesting phase... just one more little project to work on and my house will be deemed "worthy"! :haha: Started having the terrible braxton hicks contractions Fri.... NOT FUN!!! Wore me out! I swear I thought it was time!!! Not sleeping good anymore. I'm up every hour peeing and tossin and turnin cause belly is so heavy and uncomfortable, but LORD KNOWS I am not complaining!!! Or trying not to at least!! :nope: Other than that.. hanging in there as long as I can! Had to work all week solo last week and it took a toll on me. Live and learn!!! Thanks for asking bout me!

How are the twinkies?! Miss seeing you on here but I know you have your hands full these days!!! :hugs:

Hope everyone else is doing well!!! :hugs: to all!!!

Aww it's almost time sn- I know it's a bit scary but I'm sure you're excitement will out weigh that!

Thanks for the tips on Sex. I read about waiting online too so that's what we are going to do. We don't want to take any chances

I was cut off at 20w which I dk why but it sucked!!! I was always a horn ball but pregnancy enhanced it lol. Besides that before 20w we were not restricted at all.

Snd - enjoy these last few weeks!!! They go by so fast!! I wish I enjoyed them more. Enjoy your alone time because u will almost never have them back lol it's a good thing but I sure do miss some things. Even simple ones......like blasting the music in the car with all windows down, yeah, that's a no no now lol.
Yeah I miss coming on here. Hopefully as they get older, they will get on a normal nap schedule instead of the cat naps then do, then I'll be able to have some normalcy in my life lol
Twinkies are doing great! We have cardiologist and pediatrician apt next tue. I m hoping for more good news from cardiologist and hoping the ped puts them on cereal. My man is always hungry and I think it will help my petite princess gain weight. We shall see. I'll update!

Kathy - I think its time to change your sig!

Fluter - Probably, BUT you never know!!! Congrats!! Its a great beta! When is your next scan?

I have another beta tomorrow and then have a doctors appointment Thurs just for paper work and hoping to schedule an ultra sound for around the 6wk mark

I agree, Stinas, new siggy for Kathy :) :)

Fluter - could be ... could go either way, we will need to see the doubling times - but it is a nice beta. At 11 dpo, mine was 27, then 118 at 14 dpo ... so yours is quite a bit higher at 14 dpo :) :dance:

I never had one at 14dpo but I was almost 700 on 16dpo so it would have been high at 14dpo and just one. I have high betas for some reason. You could go either way. FX for you! Just goes to show if you have a few great quality embryos it will work. A bunch is not needed :)

Yay fluterby. Congrats on your BFP.

I seem to be the only one yet to have a BFP on this thread? Guess it will be my turn soon

Wanted to post a quick update for me....

32 weeks today. Went to dr and one is 5 lbs and the other is 4.10 lbs!!!!! Holy crap have they gained weight in the last two weeks!!!! Still no dialation and start going every week now for checkups! :happydance: They both have hair and actually got a 4d pict of one of them (the other had his back turned to us).... :cloud9:

I'll come back later for personals... hope everyone else is ok! :hugs:

well, my hpt was positive, as well as the blood test.

i go back in saturday for a follow up blood test.

it's all pretty surreal and i'm super cautious right now.

sending :dust::dust::dust:to all.

well, my hpt was positive, as well as the blood test.

i go back in saturday for a follow up blood test.

it's all pretty surreal and i'm super cautious right now.

sending :dust::dust::dust:to all.

YAY!!! Congrats girl!! What was you beta? So happy for you

VKJ - that's wonderful news! Congratulations :) Looking forward to hearing your betas and seeing your scans of little peanut :) :dance:

Hey All...

baby dust to all....

I'm not sure if this is the right thread bcoz I'm bumpin in with my question.. As u ladies have been through IVF u wud have a fair knowledge abt many of these things...
Wud be of gr8 help if someone can help me with some answers...

I've foraged the internet abt progesterone and everything abt it.. But is it actually possible to fall pregnant with less than 10 ng/ml of progesterone??.. I've got my CD21 serum progesterone tested for 2 cycles n its been constantly b/w 6-7ng/ml (my FE had not prescribed it, I got it done for curiosity sake). I believe it needs to be around 15 ng/ml for the implantation to happen. So my FE has prescribed me the prog. suppositories of 200mg per day. I'm just wondering if my prog issue is the one due to which I'm not able to fall pregnant all the while?.. I asked my FE but she says that it may not be "THE" reason.. thats it. But I'm still curious to know bcoz, though I took the suppositories this IUI cycle, AF arrived rite 14 days after the IUI. That means I got AF when I was still on the suppositories. Can this actually happen?.. I'm somewhat not getting to-the-point answers from my FE. Can anyone help me with ur answers?

Has anyone of you been through prog. issues before and found success through IVF?

Hi HS!
I am sorry that you haven't had success with the IUIs so far. As your doctor says, it may be a contributor, having low progesterone, but my not be "the" issue. It is wise to support your own hormone production with suppositories. I cannot give you numbers (if MoBaby sees, she will probably be able to give you better details), but what I can tell you is that in the second half of your cycle (so post-ovulatory), the body increases progesterone to a) thicken the uterine lining even more so that the fertilised egg can implant well and b) the corpus luteum (which is what is left behind after the ovum bursts out of the follicle) produces progesterone to support an ensuing pregnancy, to keep the lining thick etc. If no HCG (pregnancy hormone) is produced, then the corpus luteum will stop the progesterone production and the lining will be shed = period.
Personally, I never once got my period while I was still using progesterone, but I do know of other women who did.

My other thought, you ask whether progesterone issues have been "solved" through IVF - I think it needs to be identified if there are perhaps other contributors to not being able to get pregnant. Having low progesterone might well be a cause. If the fertilisation takes place and the embryo doesn't develop that well, it wouldn't implant / develop further even if progesterone levels are at an optimum (hence several failed IVF cycles). Getting progesterone to a good level might solve the problem and it may not be necessary to move on to IVF. However IVF (together with hormonal support) might increase chances even more, since there, you can see whether or not the ovum has been fertilised / what quality of embryo is transferred ... :hugs2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->