• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Past and Present TTCers~ The continuation of IVF 2012 - present!

Aww :( I wasn't sure b/c unknown you had just gotten a positive recently. I was terrified for my 2nd d&c. I think it was b/c I had issues from my first and also I had a fully formed baby in there. I was scared I was making the wrong decision but it had been 11 days and nothing happened on it's own. I think the more and more one goes through the more terrified things are. :hugs:

Kathy: :hugs: I was hoping for better news for you. I hope this passes fast for you and you don't have to have a d&c. :hugs: <3 <3

Likkle: Sorry to hear about your scare. Glad they are keeping a close eye on you. Not much longer before your LO is safe and sound in your arms!

Kathy, I am so sorry you have to deal with disappointment and loss yet again. I know this is not going to make you feel any better, but I thought I'd let you know. When I had my miscarriage, my doctor said I didn't have to do a D&C. She prescribed me vaginal pills which make you miscarry. I had an incomplete miscarriage for 6 weeks. HB disappeared and I had no bleeding for 6 weeks. With these pills my miscarriage was complete in less than 24 hours. Then they did an u/s on me and I was allowed to go home. I was terrified to death about having a D&C. Maybe you could ask your doctor about it if it is just the surgery that scares you. And my miscarriage wasn't painful at all. The previous natural miscarriages were much much painful where I was doubled up on the bathroom floor and passed out in my tub. TMI !!

I was just catching up on this new thread today.
Cd - I am sorry for your loss too. Sending hugs and love your way.
How unfair life can be to some of us.

:hugs: Praying! So sorry for you loss!!! =(

Thank you girls for all the well wishes! You don't know how much I appreciate you all!!!:hugs: We made it safely and transfer went good. They were practically trying to rush us out cause they were closing due to bad weather, but our hotel was a mile away, so we went and checked in and I went right to bed. I am sad to report that we have no frosty babies though... :cry: I was very devastated when they called and told us while we were on the way home. She said they stopped growing, and the one that was still growing was very poor quality. Honestly, I have cried most of the afternoon. Grieving that this may not work, and we have NOTHING to fall back on!!! And we have spent everything we had over the past month, there is NO way we can start over.... maybe I am just extra hormonal, but I can't help myself. They told me bed rest yesterday, today and tomorrow... not to do anything, and it's driving me crazy, and that doesn't help either! haha!

Anyways, back to rest and thanks again. I will catch up again tomorrow. Lots of love to all my lovely sisters!!! :hugs:

Kathy, I am so sorry :-( I was really hoping for a different outcome. I hope you don't have to have surgery - I can't imagine what you must be feeling right now.

snd just remember its not often women get frosties. I think the fact you had some good ones to transfer is an excellent sign! Rest up and get ready for your BFP!! Fx for you!

snd - I would totally freak out too I were told I had nothing to freeze. But often times you have just a few embryos but really very good ones. I have my fingers crossed that the ones they put back are really thriving. The financial burden is really a lot added to the emotional and hormonal pressures we go through. Lets pray that you never would need any frosties in the first place. Take it easy for a couple of days and feel rested. :hugs:

Mo, Stinas - Enjoy all the attention at your showers.

AFM - I have been feeling a little crazy, fatigued, dizzy, and like I lost my brain, all the at same time. This has been going on for the last 3-4 days and I just blamed it on hormones. Today was particularly bad and I suddenly remembered to do a random glucose test on my glucometer. Holy guacamole - it read 174mg/dL. No wonder I have been feeling cranky crazy. And my ER has put me off metformin this time as she thinks it is probably not necessary. I go in for my next appointment on 3rd Feb. So far so good. The pain in ovaries from cysts has been going away so yay! for that.

Snd - congrats on being PUPO with twins!!! That was a good idea to check into a local hotel :thumbup: Sorry you have no frosties but in no way does that reflect upon the quality of the embies you put back... We have no frosties either and in fact only one emby made it to the 3 day transfer (they put back two but the second one hadn't grown in a few hours) And we still got a bfp and a beautiful baby girl at the end of it all... So don't count yourself out just yet!!! :hugs: and :dust:

Uh oh, late for work! Talk later!!

Kathy-Are you on any progesterone or Estrace? With my IVF in December 2011, we transferred our only 2 embryos and were pg with both. One was a blighted ovum (empty sac) and the other was looking great until my 9 week scan. My doctor refrained from doing a D&C and it was a huge mistake. From the point the baby passed until I finally started bleeding was over 3 weeks. I was on Estrace and PIO which I think held on to the pg. Once I did start bleeding, it literally poured outta me and I had to be rushed to the hospital via ambulance. I just barely got by without a blood transfusion. D&C was done stat. The surgery was easy peasy and the bleeding gone. It was the emotional trauma of the loss that was far worse.

Hopefully things move quickly for you. I would pick the D&C over going natural because of my experience. So sorry hon :(

Snd: Congrats on being PUPO! Many of us didn't get any frosties and never needed them. Were the two you transferred blasts? Neither of mine were graded that high and both took so think positive thoughts it can happen to you too!

Honey: Sorry those hormones are causing you trouble again but glad your ovaries are recovering. Less meds are probably best for you since your body seems to react more to them. Hopefully this will be your last time doing this and your BFP is around the corner.

Mobaby: Yeah for three showers, little baby Mo will be spoiled I'm sure! How's the nursery coming? Did your furniture arrive? I'm excited to see pics as I know it's going to be beautiful.

Furniture won't arrive until March! It was a special order from another country. We are cutting it close! We need to decorate the room still and stencil the wall. Then we will be done :)

Good Morning <3

Thank you everyone for your kind words...means alot to me <3

I tried to ask for the pill but they are worried about infection since the last miscarriage ended up infecting my uterus (and that took more than a month to fix)....so they just want to take it all out...she said the entire procedure will be just like my retrieval...nothing but 20 minutes tops...so that made me feel a whole lot better! My body does not want to let go of this sac...that's the problem...I am not even spotting...no cramping...absolutely nothing. It's just an empty sac and my beta is not even going down it's in the same spot it was two days ago. That's why they need to do the D&C. I honestly didn't want to go through the entire miscarriage natural....I have had two and it was the worst experience ever!! Just need to get this over with so I can move on...

Mo..post some pictures of your shower <3

Snd: Congrats on being PUPO! Many of us didn't get any frosties and never needed them. Were the two you transferred blasts? Neither of mine were graded that high and both took so think positive thoughts it can happen to you too!

Thank you! She said they were blastocyst? She also said they don't grade embryos, which kinda made me upset cause that's all I've researched.... but it is what it is, so what can I do but just wait. I have decided not to take a pregnancy test at home and just wait til beta day, which is Feb. 7.

Hope everyone is well and God bless to Kathy during this difficult time!!! :hugs:

kathy - When I had my MC, i had no cramping, no spotting, nothing! My beta was actually rising! Our bodies can be weird sometimes!

snd - Don't read into the numbers too much. My first IVF I had perfect highest grade embryos&#8230;.ended up in BFN&#8230;&#8230;.this time around, as well as the one i MC'd, they were grade 3 (5 being highest) embryos, and here I am 6 months with twins.
Its better they didn't tell you, less stress!

Hi girls,

Finally on Facebook! Woop. Can I pick the brains of those ladies who have had their babies already? Is it normal to have period like cramps at this stage? No discharge, or plug but starting to get a bit crampy and a bit constipated! After my scare I'm worrying so wanted some advice before I phone and harass the hospital!

Love to all x x x

likk, I absolutely had period type cramps prior to labor, I believe it absolutely normal. I delivered 5 days before my due date. So excited for you!!

Likk-Could be BH contractions. THey felt like cramps to me with my first. By the time I had the boys, I could so tell what everything was. :)

kathy, I understand your worry about infection, I hope this time is going to be nothing like the last one, but truly wish that you never had to go through this in the first place. When I MC'd last time my body just didn't let go of the baby. It was almost five weeks after the fetal demise that the doctors found out and my body still had showed all signs of being pregnant. Gladly I didn't have an infection. I wish you a speedy recovery , both physical as well as emotional. For me MC with the pill was quite painless even less painful than my periods normally are and natural MC's were the most horrible pains I have experienced yet.

snd - Congratulations on being PUPO. I too would worry much about embryo grades as long as I don't know. So its better that way. Anyways they would put back embryos which they think wouldn't make it. So good luck with this. I hope they are thriving in there and finding a cozy corner for themselves.

Likkle: I was on my death bed the week before I got induced so I can't recall any particular pain. I had bronchitis and pink eye, horrible time. Constipation I had through out my pregnancy. Sounds like you are going to go soon! Very exciting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->