PCOS and Endometriosis and pregnancy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzandru

Reaction score
Hey im new. I hope I dont get verbally bashed on here but I am hoping for some advice. Firstly I am not trying to have a baby currently and until a few months ago was adament I didnt want children. Then this happened.

I have PCOS and Endometriosis supposedly and was told this several years ago. I had the symptoms of bad periods, pain, spotty skin etc. Have been on various contraceptive pills to help with the symptoms but I dont react well to the pill so I have had many gaps of not taking it too. I was told I would have very low fertility if I wanted to conceive. Thats fine, I dont want children.

At Christmas I finally had enough of the side affects of yet another pill and decided to come off it and use the persona machine as I have done before. You have to be off the pill 3 months before you can use it. Partner and I used a combination of condoms and 'pulling out' method with me saying how its all fine as I cant really have kids blah blah. Well my January period was late and very light but to be expected I thought due to stopping my pill. Februarys didnt arrive so eventually in March OH makes me do a test and im pregnant.

What is the chance of that happening? I was off the pill just under 3 weeks when I caught. We had only been together 7 months at the time and dont even live together and he didnt think he could afford it and I certainly cant manage on my own, I live in a rented room. So I had a temination in March. At the time I wanted to keep it, I really did and I have never been so upset. I still am. Please dont judge me over the termination, I did what I thought was best for an unplanned pregnancy. I thought it was hormones making me want to keep it as I never wanted children, even back when I was married. But that was March and now its July and I still wish I had kept it and now I know when the time is right I would like a child.

What are my chances of conceiving again? Was it a fluke? The lady doctor said I should keep it in case I cant get pregnant again, but I couldnt keep it. Can these health issues go away on their own? I no longer have any pains and my only symptom now is spotty skin and maybe I am just spotty.

Im 33 and thought I knew what I wanted. Now im all over the place emotionally. I cant stop crying. Then to top it off OH got a massive payrise and is now saying if this had all happened 3 months later he would have wanted me to keep it as he can afford it now.

While BabyandBump tries to remain pro-choice on most subjects, out of respect for majority of our members that are either trying to conceive, or pregnant, we ask that you do not discuss topics on abortion and terminations outside of the 'Ethical Prenatal Losses' forum.

BnB does not support discussion of abortion outwith the Ethical Loss section.

OP, please feel free to repost your questions regarding PCOS/Endo in a seperate thread

Thread locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe