PCOS and TTC #1

shortcakes21

Reaction score
Hey.. i am new to this site. I am TTC my first child. I have been trying since August of 2014 and i am getting nowwhere. I see a holistic DR as we as my regular OB/GYN... I had labs ran and said i have high testosterone. My OBGYN thinks its just because i am overweight. My holistic DR put me on Vitex, Inisitol and NAC. This is my first month on it and AF came at CD25. I just wanted to see if anyone else has been on these meds or are on this meds and what your experiences were/are like.

I am having a really rough time and am really upset that this is happening to me. I never thought i would have an issue getting pregnant and here i am.... so stressed.

I know what you feel. I've been there. I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 19 years old. My husband and I was TTC for almost 2 and a half years with no luck. After continuing to try without any success, we began clomid treatments. The Clomid making me sick to my stomach. After 4 rounds, we did not get pregnant. And then I started following the Getting Pregnant Plan book because the clomid and the other fertility drugs didn't worked on me. After 3 months following the book, I can't believe that I got positive result. I'm PREGNANT! We are more than our physical bodies, treating yourself holistically by following the Getting Pregnant Plan e-book is going to greatly improve your chances of healing and conceiving, so you can move toward a successful, healthy pregnancy.

I know what you feel. I've been there. I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 19 years old. My husband and I was TTC for almost 2 and a half years with no luck. After continuing to try without any success, we began clomid treatments. The Clomid making me sick to my stomach. After 4 rounds, we did not get pregnant. And then I started following the Getting Pregnant Plan book because the clomid and the other fertility drugs didn't worked on me. After 3 months following the book, I can't believe that I got positive result. I'm PREGNANT! We are more than our physical bodies, treating yourself holistically by following the Getting Pregnant Plan e-book is going to greatly improve your chances of healing and conceiving, so you can move toward a successful, healthy pregnancy.

OMG that is great news!! Congrats!!! I am going to look that up now. I am starting to loose all faith.

Hey.. i am new to this site. I am TTC my first child. I have been trying since August of 2014 and i am getting nowwhere. I see a holistic DR as we as my regular OB/GYN... I had labs ran and said i have high testosterone. My OBGYN thinks its just because i am overweight. My holistic DR put me on Vitex, Inisitol and NAC. This is my first month on it and AF came at CD25. I just wanted to see if anyone else has been on these meds or are on this meds and what your experiences were/are like.

I am having a really rough time and am really upset that this is happening to me. I never thought i would have an issue getting pregnant and here i am.... so stressed.

I have PCOS. I took vitex July 14 and in Aug 14, I got my bfp. Im due soon 5/2. It was my first time ever trying Vitex so I swear by it now. Id say stick with the vitex, because your bfp is coming soon! GL:hugs:

I am going to my doctors this friday as i think i have PCOS. Been trying for over a yr and charting for a year now. I also started taking vitex this month.

fingers crossed for us xx

I am going to my doctors this friday as i think i have PCOS. Been trying for over a yr and charting for a year now. I also started taking vitex this month.

fingers crossed for us xx
I really hope it works for you. I hear it can sometimes take up to three months but dont give up hope!! Its going to happen:cloud9:

I was diagnosed with Pcos when I was 13. I conceived my loss first cycle on femara. Conceived this little one my first full cycle on vitex. I started it about cd50 and it made me ovulate and brought on AF after then I conceived my next cycle. I also lost 40lbs between my loss and conceiving again and I think that helped. Although it was a good amount of weight it didn't help regulate my cycles at all. Made no difference. Loved the vitex! I took it during my pregnancy too and started weaning week 12 and was off it by week 16 and no issues.

I was diagnosed with Pcos when I was 13. I conceived my loss first cycle on femara. Conceived this little one my first full cycle on vitex. I started it about cd50 and it made me ovulate and brought on AF after then I conceived my next cycle. I also lost 40lbs between my loss and conceiving again and I think that helped. Although it was a good amount of weight it didn't help regulate my cycles at all. Made no difference. Loved the vitex! I took it during my pregnancy too and started weaning week 12 and was off it by week 16 and no issues.

The same happened with me. Awesome! Congrats.:happydance:

Hi there! I'm using Vitex too. I stared it November 29. I haven't gotten a BFP yet, but it did go a long way to help my very long cycles (see my signature). Although this cycle I was traveling right around when I was supposed to ovulate and the stress delayed my ovulation by over a week, so even on Vitex stress can affect things. I hope you get as lucky as these ladies and get a BFP soon on Vitex! And I hope my next cycle is lucky for me too!

Hi there! I'm using Vitex too. I stared it November 29. I haven't gotten a BFP yet, but it did go a long way to help my very long cycles (see my signature). Although this cycle I was traveling right around when I was supposed to ovulate and the stress delayed my ovulation by over a week, so even on Vitex stress can affect things. I hope you get as lucky as these ladies and get a BFP soon on Vitex! And I hope my next cycle is lucky for me too!

Oh i am so glad to find so many people who have also taken this and had bfp!!! i am hoping this does the trick. Hopefully we can be buddies through this!

I have PCOS. I took vitex July 14 and in Aug 14, I got my bfp. Im due soon 5/2. It was my first time ever trying Vitex so I swear by it now. Id say stick with the vitex, because your bfp is coming soon! GL:hugs:

Congrats!!! that is awesome.. I was taking the vitex for 2 months and then stopped because i got nervous it was messing with my system and just started it back up this cycle with the other 2 scripts.

I am working on the weight issue the best i can (eating clean and working out) but hoping it happens soon!

Im overweight too according to americas standards:haha:. I wear a 14/16 clothing, and Ive gotten pregnant at that size every time! Its coming!!! Praying for you!!:hugs:

mrskcbrown.... i know.. i am a 14/16 as well.... the dr makes me feel like i am 500lbs.. it is really ridiculous.

Hi shortcakes and all the other wonderful ladies, I thought I would join the convo as I myself have PCOS, I am cd1 today and have started on 2x 400mg of vitex. This is my first cycle taking them and I hope that they help with my cycle lengths. My shortest since coming off BCP has been 40 days but the others have been 50+
Congrats to the ladies who have got their BFP's whilst using vitex, it gives me so much hope!
I myself am only size 8/10 UK and so not sure weight would be a determining factor in my PCOS problems, I also don't eat refined sugars or dairy as I heard that can make it worse.
Shortcakes, we will get there, don't loose hope.

O and hi ksquared, thought i would pop in and say hi to some other ladies who have had good results from vitex such as yourself :D x

I'd like to be buddies, shortcakes!! I think CD 1 is tomorrow for me, so you, HopefullyOpto and I will all be at the same point in our cycles :). I myself am a size 6/8 so we're all different but dealing with similar issues. I've been exercising more lately and getting DH on vitamins. I'm also asking him to get his swimmers tested. It may take more time, but we'll all get there eventually!

Hey Hopefullyopto and ksquared... this is great!!! to have people on your cycle really helps!! My last cycle was 25 days... so we will see what happens this month.. im going to start opk testing tomorrow as i have yet to be able to see a +opk.

Also keep in mind with Pcos you need a higher dose of vitex for it to be effective. I think 1200-2000mg/day is recommended. I was on 1600mg/day. Also do NOT take it if your cycles are anywhere near regular as it can really mess them up. I hear of people taking it all the time bc they have a "long" aka 30-40day cycle and want to shorten it or because they want to ovulate sooner and it pushes ovulation back further and makes the cycles longer. It works by regulating your hormones. With Pcos these hormones don't work as they should hence why vitex helps. If your hormones are already more or less regular taking something made to regulate them will only mess them up.

Also keep in mind with Pcos you need a higher dose of vitex for it to be effective. I think 1200-2000mg/day is recommended. I was on 1600mg/day. Also do NOT take it if your cycles are anywhere near regular as it can really mess them up. I hear of people taking it all the time bc they have a "long" aka 30-40day cycle and want to shorten it or because they want to ovulate sooner and it pushes ovulation back further and makes the cycles longer. It works by regulating your hormones. With Pcos these hormones don't work as they should hence why vitex helps. If your hormones are already more or less regular taking something made to regulate them will only mess them up.

Thanks Kylasbaby. My holistic dr has me taking 1 pill twice a day. Yes.. this was my first 'short' cycle. My last cycle was 44 days. So i am assuming it is doing what it needs to be doing. I had lab work done and my testosterone was high. So i am hoping this along with the other meds help get that to wear it should be.

The problem I have is that my doctor won't do any bloods until a year as my scan showed PCOS, this is really frustrating as I don't know what any of my levels are... I guess I am just hoping that vitex shortens my cycles as what they are now is ridiculous!

The problem I have is that my doctor won't do any bloods until a year as my scan showed PCOS, this is really frustrating as I don't know what any of my levels are... I guess I am just hoping that vitex shortens my cycles as what they are now is ridiculous!

Would you think of switching doctors?? My gp wouldn't do the labwork.. but when i asked my Obgyn she agreed... although when she gave me the results it wasn't very professional. I am in search of a new obgyn because of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->