PCOS and TTC #1

Thank you so much for sharing with me, babysquash! I love the long responses lol I want to hear as much as possible from you or anyone who has been in my shoes. I know I'm just freaking myself out about things but I'm just fearing for the worst. When is your appt? I will keep you updated on mine too!

jaysta, I understand how you feel. Very frustrating. You will get your BFP, don't lose sight! Hoping that cyst goes away in time too, and never comes back.

<3 <3 :babydust:

My appointment is tomorrow morning!! I've never been so excited about a gyno appointment lol. I told my husband that last night and he said, yeah I've never heard a woman say that. :rofl:

:yipee: Funny how things change when TTC, isn't it? Like any other woman is thinking NOOOO I don't want someone in my area - and we're just like PLEASE LOOK, PLEASE TELL ME STUFF, RUN MORE TESTS! lmao I'm excited for you too! FX for good news! :) Let me know what they say!

hey ladies..... sorry for falling off the grid for a little while.. just have been in a really bad place... trying to work on myself... we are taking a little break from trying because i do not think i cant handle it anymore mentally.

hope everyone is doing well and welcome to the newbies....

:hugs: shortcakes, we've all been there and understand. Sometimes you just need a break.

So here's the scoop from my obgyn appointment this morning for anyone curious:

He's going to have me start on progesterone to jump start my period. After my period, he wants me to take a round of clomid and test for ovulation. If I ovulate he told us to time intercourse for the day of the LH surge and the day after. If I don't ovulate, he wants to up the dose of clomid until I do. If I still don't ovulate at the highest dose, he said I'll probably have to go on metformin again (ugh) and he'll refer me to an RE. He advised that we also deal with DH's low testosterone as that could interfere too.

I thought we could start working on my ovulation first and see how that goes since we're in the middle of his semester and getting him to do anything when he's bogged down with homework is just basically herding cats. :haha:

This all finally feels real which is super exciting!

Babysquash that is good news!! Fingers crossed!!!

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this before... I have been on 1000mg of metformin for about 2 months now.. This cycle has been weird. I got my period on day 31 which I was excited.. But when I kept checking it was more spotty than an actual period.. Did that for a week and then started bleeding a little heavier but still super light ( maybe 2 tampons a day)... Amd just when I thought it was over... Started bleeding again... Now I'm going on week 3 of this and I am panicking a little. Anyone else experience this???

How's it going shortcakes? I didn't have any answer to your question but I wanted to see how you were doing. Did you ever figure out what was going on?

How's it going shortcakes? I didn't have any answer to your question but I wanted to see how you were doing. Did you ever figure out what was going on?

No. Currently i am on medication (BC) to stop my period for 20 days and then when i come off i should get my period and they are hoping it slams me into a normal cycle.

My husband did go for an analysis and he is ok... so pretty much it just lies with me.

My doctor talked about trying clomid but she thinks that i should give metformin a little more time to do its trick but is leaving it up to me. I am really just unsure of what to do ... if i should wait for metformin to do what it should be doing or just jump into clomid.....

it seems babysquash that we are almost in the same spot

Yeah we're pretty close! I finished my first round of clomid and my doctor says if clomid doesn't work on it's own, I will probably end up back on metformin. I was on it for almost two years and I never got over the symptoms. I don't know what if anything it did for my cycles though because I was on birth control the whole time.

Just as an fyi - the provera really worked for me. I had a real period and it was kind of nasty but it felt good to see my body working correctly for once. Has your doctor ever suggested that?

It's frustrating to keep getting dragged back to where you started, isn't it? :growlmad: FX for you that this helps with your cycle! :hugs:

Yeah we're pretty close! I finished my first round of clomid and my doctor says if clomid doesn't work on it's own, I will probably end up back on metformin. I was on it for almost two years and I never got over the symptoms. I don't know what if anything it did for my cycles though because I was on birth control the whole time.

Just as an fyi - the provera really worked for me. I had a real period and it was kind of nasty but it felt good to see my body working correctly for once. Has your doctor ever suggested that?

It's frustrating to keep getting dragged back to where you started, isn't it? :growlmad: FX for you that this helps with your cycle! :hugs:

Yes! I want to say I am on something like it... Aygestin? I am hoping it has the same effect. Actually I'm wrong... I was on provera which caused me to get my period 2 months ago and then i started the metformin and had my period for 3 weeks... Which is why I'm on the aygestin now to stop it... It's never ending.

Did you have any side effects with the clomid?

UGH I'm so sorry, that sounds like the worst. :hugs:

The only side effect I noticed on clomid was the heartburn but it seems like every medicine I take does that to me. With clomid it was pretty bad though. But it did stop the minute I stopped taking it so it was manageable.

UGH I'm so sorry, that sounds like the worst. :hugs:

The only side effect I noticed on clomid was the heartburn but it seems like every medicine I take does that to me. With clomid it was pretty bad though. But it did stop the minute I stopped taking it so it was manageable.

Just wanted to update you. I have been on this aygestin for 20 days no... On my past pill... It stopped my period at first for a week but as soon as I tappered down to 1 pill a day I have spotted every day since. I called my dr and she said is normal.... I am so lost and confused... Anyone else ever been on aygestin???

I've never been on it but just wanted to send hugs your way. :hugs: If the doctor says it's normal, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Did she give you any idea of how long the spotting will last?

Hey Shortcakes :)
How are you doing, anything new?

Hey Shortcakes :)
How are you doing, anything new?

So far nothing really... We took a break.. i was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and getting tested for lupus and celiac.

My dr said as long as lupus comes back negative we will be starting clomid next cycle...

How about you? Did you have the baby??

I hope it comes back negative and that Clomid is what you need. Is your hypothyroidism under control now?

Yep, little lady is here! Asleep in my arms :)

I hope it comes back negative and that Clomid is what you need. Is your hypothyroidism under control now?

Yes, it took 2 months to get under control thank goodness. On the lowest dose of synthroid. I start Clomid tonight!!! She isn't even waiting on the results bc she doesn't think i have either.

Also, Congrats!!!

Yes, it took 2 months to get under control thank goodness. On the lowest dose of synthroid. I start Clomid tonight!!! She isn't even waiting on the results bc she doesn't think i have either.

Also, Congrats!!!

Good luck with Clomid! I so hope it will work first try! &#9786;&#65039;

Well... thanks for the wishes!! IT WORKED THE FIRST TRY!!!! I found out yesterday through a blood test!!!!!!!

Also, Congrats!!!

Good luck with Clomid! I so hope it will work first try! &#9786;&#65039;

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back