PCOS and TTC #1

Oh quick question for you ladies! Hopefully this will clear up a "disagreement" FH and I had the other day. How many times are you supposed to baby dance during a cycle for optimum effect? Is it every other day? Every day? Every 3 days? :sex:

He says every 3-4 days because he says that's how long it takes for sperm to do what they do and regenerate. I say every other day but I don't know where I saw that.

What do you do? What has your doctor recommended? I know that it's possible to do it too much but what is best?

My gyne says every other day. I personally think every other day is fine. Im sure i have read that around the time of ovulation that every day has not been proven to be more effective. Not sure 3-4 days is enough but 2-3 i think is adequate.
Sorry thats not much of an answer i think its about luck. If those quick swimmers get there on the day or the longer living ones are already waiting there beforehand.

My gyne says every other day. I personally think every other day is fine. Im sure i have read that around the time of ovulation that every day has not been proven to be more effective. Not sure 3-4 days is enough but 2-3 i think is adequate.
Sorry thats not much of an answer i think its about luck. If those quick swimmers get there on the day or the longer living ones are already waiting there beforehand.

No that's a great answer, thank you! I think he will listen to a doctor either way so the fact that it was your obgyn who said it makes me feel like I'm the one who's right. ;)

Hmmmm do you have any brand recommendations?

I recommend the canderal, so many different varieties, not sure what brands you have access to but they all usually by the health section in the stores, a little more pricey but so worth the guilt and they do help with the craving. I also buy sugar free biscuits and other sugar free snacks/sweets. It helps and you just make sure you have not too much, its just for the cravings.

I read that even though every other day is perfectly fine, nothing beats everyday if there is no problem with OH's sperms ;P

My OBGYN told me every other day until i get a positive opk then everyday for 5 days and then back to every other day.

For the longest time I mean like years I always thought my body was normal and that my periods were irregular because I never stayed off bc longer than one or two months. Mostly because I would get frustrated because I wasn't having a period and I wanted to feel normal. So I decided to go for the long haul. After my last depo shot wore off I decided to remain bc free and let my body learn to regulate its own hormones. I've been on bc since thirteen because my period would come on every two weeks bleed heavy and I had really bad cramps. I've always been thin currently in 5'2 and 114 and I was super thin when I first got my period they thought the constant bleeding was due to my weight or lack there of So they put me on bc to regulate them and I had been on them ever since until getting off depo. I've been off the shot for about 10 months now and I thought my body was stArting to regulate. I had begun temping and started to notice a pattern. Every 25 to 30 days I would have a period only it wasn't a true period I would light bleeding for a few hrs maybe four at the max and then spotting the next couple of days it would last in total maybe three days. I recently decided to try to donate my eggs and when going through the donor applicant process I was told some heart wrenching news. They gave me an ultrasound and my right ovary had over 60 follicles by itself and my left had 19. The physicians deferred me due to probable pcos and told me to follow up with my regular physician. I keep thinking how could this be. When I first got off depo and my period was absent coming once and then not coming again for 78 days I mentioned pcos to a mid wife and asked to be checked she told me that pcos was highly unlikely because I don't have any weight issues. I have a follow up appointment with a gynecologist on monday to get officially diagnosed. My question is this how do I naturally treat thin pcos? All the websites say weight loss but to be honest I can't afford to lose any weight? I also have read conflicting stories about wether or not vitex helps with pcos so I'm unsure of whether or not I should continue to take it. Are there any women out here with pcos that can offer me advice support or both. I'm having a tough time with this because everything I read makes it seem like getting pregnant naturally with pcos is impossible and that deeply depresses me... PLEASE HELP ME...

For the longest time I mean like years I always thought my body was normal and that my periods were irregular because I never stayed off bc longer than one or two months. Mostly because I would get frustrated because I wasn't having a period and I wanted to feel normal. So I decided to go for the long haul. After my last depo shot wore off I decided to remain bc free and let my body learn to regulate its own hormones. I've been on bc since thirteen because my period would come on every two weeks bleed heavy and I had really bad cramps. I've always been thin currently in 5'2 and 114 and I was super thin when I first got my period they thought the constant bleeding was due to my weight or lack there of So they put me on bc to regulate them and I had been on them ever since until getting off depo. I've been off the shot for about 10 months now and I thought my body was stArting to regulate. I had begun temping and started to notice a pattern. Every 25 to 30 days I would have a period only it wasn't a true period I would light bleeding for a few hrs maybe four at the max and then spotting the next couple of days it would last in total maybe three days. I recently decided to try to donate my eggs and when going through the donor applicant process I was told some heart wrenching news. They gave me an ultrasound and my right ovary had over 60 follicles by itself and my left had 19. The physicians deferred me due to probable pcos and told me to follow up with my regular physician. I keep thinking how could this be. When I first got off depo and my period was absent coming once and then not coming again for 78 days I mentioned pcos to a mid wife and asked to be checked she told me that pcos was highly unlikely because I don't have any weight issues. I have a follow up appointment with a gynecologist on monday to get officially diagnosed. My question is this how do I naturally treat thin pcos? All the websites say weight loss but to be honest I can't afford to lose any weight? I also have read conflicting stories about wether or not vitex helps with pcos so I'm unsure of whether or not I should continue to take it. Are there any women out here with pcos that can offer me advice support or both. I'm having a tough time with this because everything I read makes it seem like getting pregnant naturally with pcos is impossible and that deeply depresses me... PLEASE HELP ME...

:hugs: rockstarlove9....we all know how this feels. First of all though, flip through this thread alone and see how many ladies have gotten their BFP! PCOS doesn't mean you can't get pregnant, it just maybe means that it could require a bit more work. But even then maybe not. I get so mad when doctors rely so heavily on "weight loss" for PCOS because there are women with lean PCOS and that's obviously not an option. My advice would be to find a good doctor who knows about PCOS...maybe even a reproductive endocrinologist if that's feasible for you. There are lots of things they can do to help you. Don't give up hope!

Hey ladies! I just thought I would stop in and say hi. I hope everyone is doing well!!! :)

I'm here, just not much going on. About 7dpo and waiting...

I'm here too! We're now officially TTC so I'm super excited!!

Im still about also, had my first round of clomid 50mg and im cd21 with no obvious shift in temp so guess a failed cycle, will probably use provera once again and move up to 100mg next cycle. This TTC stuff is so testing sometimes...

Ok I'm losing my mind here...
after 16 months of trying, multiple medications and vitamins every month, 2 procedures and a surgery...I think I may have a bfp. This is 3rd urine of the day. I tested on a whim. I think I'm 9/10 dpo. I use opks and temp. Someone tell me I'm not seeing things.
20150823_134055.jpg

:) looks like it to me!!

Congratulations, was that the 4th round of Femara that did the trick??

Happy and healthy 9 months to you.

So pleased x

So pleased x

So pleased x

Yes, 4th round. I took 10mg this time instead of the usual 5. I also take bromocriptine to correct high prolactin levels. For vitamins I take a prenatal, calcium, vitamin d, magnesium, and extra folic acid. I had surgery in may to remove a fibroid inside my uterine cavity, and this is my 2nd time ovulating since then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->