PCOS and TTC

pursplum

Reaction score
I suffer from PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) and was told that my chances of getting pregnant are slim to none. So I have made the decision to begin trying for a baby! I am supposedly 3dpo and haven't given it much thought, or at least I've been trying not to (lol!).

So I am sitting here at my computer watching a movie and I suddenly felt like I peed myself lol. My immediate reaction was disappointment. I felt like, strangely, I might've gotten my period. It felt exactly the same as when I start my period, if you know what I mean ladies.

With PCOS, your cycles are always irregular, which is why I am doubtful about if I truly ovulated (because some months, my ovary just won't even release an egg).

I of course checked my panties and there is no blood. Just this liquid so I touch just at the opening and I check my finger: milky white liquid.. it's completely odorless, it just looks like a very cloudy water but maybe a little thicker. I started Googling if maybe this was just the sperm coming back out. Everything screamed EARLY PREGNANCY SIGNS. I don't want to get my hopes up and I was honestly feeling like the first few months would just be passing time and trying, but I am so eager to see that positive test..

Everyone I went to high school with keeps getting pregnant and so many others are posting their "baby's first birthday!" and "I can't believe my baby started school this year!" and it bums me out. I'm genuinely happy for them, it just seems like EVERYONE is entering that time in their life where starting a family is just.. what to do. I have always wanted babies and I knew I would someday. But when I got the news about my condition, it completely changed everything. I realized that I, unfortunately, don't get the privilege that my peers do of just taking their time with it and just HOPING that they'll fall pregnant. I actually have to try..

Putting a timer on your fertility is completely life changing especially when you're in your prime years and you've spent your entire life thinking "I've got time, 35 is a lifetime away" but now you're being told you have the hormone levels of a 40 year old woman and "hahaha THAT'S why you have a mustache."

It doesn't help that I am the oldest female in a generation of boys, with 5 aunts, only a mother, and only a grandmother. That's right. All older, guy cousins and the only sibling I was blessed with is an older brother whose only love is virtual worlds and fictional characters. His only girlfriend was when he was like 14, and they kissed at Build-a-Bear before calling it quits.

So yes.. family gatherings consist of "How's your relationship coming along?" "Have you discussed having a baby?" and "I told you, you and that one boy from your senior year would've made the cutest little babies!" My mother's grandmama-itis is strong. She is ready for grandkids and I am the only one to be making any, any time soon lol. Add in the pressure of an aging granny and 5 aunts who can't wait to have another baby to spoil, and oh man.. the pressure is REAL.

But wait! Don't misinterpret this. I WANT a baby.. I just thought I had a comfortable amount of time to just not think about it and stress over when it would happen! But here I sit.. working and living life, and being told that if I'm gonna have a baby of my own, that it is time to start trying NOW.

So I tried. And tried. And ladies.. I am exhausted. And depressed lol. I cannot even put it into words the feeling of being created for one sole purpose and having this.. sense of.. that I just can't lol. I was made to make babies, and I can't even do it. I feel like a broken woman. I feel like a disappointment. And it breaks my heart because I always planned for many children! I waited my entire childhood (the baby fever as a teen and young woman is so intense, is anyone with me?) to grow up and be able to have a life and start a family and just progress and I finally got there, and it was taken from me.

I count myself blessed, because I almost died from blood loss from the cyst that grew to be larger than my uterus itself and ruptured, which led to the discovery of this PCOS. Not to mention, my aunt was told she could never have any babies of her own so at least I am still CAPABLE of making a baby. There are people out there who have it worse. I just never thought I would be one of them. One of those women who has issues with fertility..

So after countless positives that ended in "the egg must've not been able to implant well enough", I am still trying. And typing this, I've already cried a good 4 times and had to walk away to breathe for a moment. Because there is nothing worse than hoping, finally getting a yes, and then losing that opportunity. Everyone says it isn't healthy to hide from it and try to avoid all things "babies" and so after a VERY noticeable symptom, I decided to give in to curiosity and Google.

My mindset when typing into the search bar was that yes.. it was the sperm washing back out. No baby this month. So when every link that popped up once I hit that little magnifying glass was "early pregnancy symptoms", I'm not gonna lie.. I got excited. So after a bunch of reading, I decided to finally enter the TTC forum-sphere.

I am tired of being alone in this, because no man truly understands what it is like. And I know that I am not the only one who struggles with some sort of hormone imbalance or health condition that stands in the way of them and their future blessing(s). I need someone to talk to. I need female advice. And everyone I know, simply sneezes and gets pregnant lol. Nobody gets it so I stopped talking. And now I am ready to talk about this again.

I am scared to test again here in November.

Masssive :hugs: I know exactly how you feel having being diagnosed with PCOS in April! There is hope out there as I got my BFP in August after 13months off BC. I made a lot of changes from my diagnosis including cutting out cows dairy and sugar to try and help regulate my cycles. The month which led to our BFP we did OPKs, BBT and both took pre conception vitamins. Tried to DTD every other day and every day when I showed signs of ovulating and it worked!

I really hope this isn't too long of a wait for you and you get your BFP soon! Don't give up hope! Hopefully your signs lead to your BFP this month for you.

13 months seems like forever! It's so hard getting a positive, too. I just want to test in November and see that beautiful sign and have it stay. I am so ready to start this journey. Also, I'm still learning the lingo of this website lol. I don't understand all that you said hahaha :dohh:

Oops sorry! Here you go :

BC - birth control
OPKs - ovulation tests
BBT - basal body temperature
DTD - do the deed

☺️ Hope that helps!! Keeping my fingers crossed you get your positive in November! :hugs:

Thank you for the best wishes and help with these terms :dance: !!! Trying to keep a positive mind!

I know exactly how you feel. I was diagnosed at 15 and told I may never have a child. I was surprisingly blessed at 21 with my daughter. I am now with someone new and 8 months later and I'm still not pregnant. I hate feeling broken. :-( I send you positive thoughts!!! And tons of baby dust!!

I have PCOS too! The thing I learned was to temp if you haven't. I know with my PCOS my cycles are very irregular. Sometimes I will O on day 14, sometimes not until day 24 or 28. It makes trying to time the time to be intimate really hard. But with temping and also using opks you can pinpoint it much better. Temping will also give you an indication of whether you are ovulating or not. And if you aren't on your own, it can be as simple as taking Clomid or Femara to help you out.

Good luck, and I hope you get your BFP soon!

I've been there. It's hard, no doubt about it. It took 19 months to get pregnant with my daughter. Looking back now, I don't know how I even got through waiting that long. I wasn't diagnosed with PCOS until recently. (When trying for my daughter they called it unexplained infertility.) I'm going into my 5th month trying for #2, and I'm currently 8dpo and praying for a miracle. I've been on femara for 2 cycles now, and I think I've got a good chance this month. But I had a negative test this morning. Feeling a little down, trying to tell myself it's too soon but I see all these people getting positives at 7 and 8 dpo...Anyway sorry, not trying to hijack your post. But you are definitely not alone!

Post whatever you feel! I am now 6dpo and I woke up nauseous (probably unrelated) and I can't stand the smell or thought of pickles or onions. Which have always been my thing. I went into work and when I went to put in my request for my employee meal, the ladies I work with were asking what I wanted on it and when I didn't say pickles or onions, they were laughing and going "No onion? No pickles?" and even thinking about it made me cringe. Typing it right now, I can almost smell it and I feel a little sick lol. I always ask for extra extra extra and they laugh as they stack it on. I also have 0 interest in sex (which has never been an issue). To be fair, this PCOS thing seriously messes with my hormones. I just can't wait to test! I'm so ready! Hormones are such a nuisance! :nope:

Also trying to not use any fertility treatments. But seriously considering it. Are there any I can buy on my own? My lady doctor is soo far away lol and every time I go, she scares me more and more about this PCOS stuff hahaha

I'd say it's probably not a good idea to do fertility treatments without monitoring by a doctor. Just my opinion.

So someone stole my debit card yesterday. The bank doesn't open until tomorrow so I am broke! I was gonna give in to my nervousness and buy a test early so maybe this is a sign! :dohh: Man, this weekend has been a stressful one. 8dpo tomorrow.. trying not to test too soon, I don't want to see a negative! :cry:

Docs don't seem to know too much about this disorder. I have it too. I ovulate using herbs. Vital is something that is great also Maca. Whatever you do DON'T start taking a bunch of stuff. Start of with just one and monitor your body.

I have gotten milky white CM at times when my hormones are out of whack and other women got it and then a BFP.

Don't stress over what your doc is saying. Your body, you are in control. Hormones of a 40 year old? What? Get this, you can change your egg health with Maca and you can balance your hormones all without pharmaceuticals.

Are you PCOS with normal weight, overweight or underweight? I am in the under weight category which seems to be the hardest one to deal with. Something else that is excellent is acupuncture! First think that got me to ovulate. Good luck and be your own advocate

Thank you! And yeah, every doctor I've seen changes their words every time. But yes! That is what I'm always told. "You have the hormone levels of a healthy 40 year old woman." But I am actually normal weight for my age and height. Not as fit as I used to be, but that's my own fault for skipping the gym for months lol. Definitely don't want to do fertility treatments but at the same time, I really feel like it could help and that I'm doing this to myself by not going for it!

Thank you! And yeah, every doctor I've seen changes their words every time. But yes! That is what I'm always told. "You have the hormone levels of a healthy 40 year old woman." But I am actually normal weight for my age and height. Not as fit as I used to be, but that's my own fault for skipping the gym for months lol. Definitely don't want to do fertility treatments but at the same time, I really feel like it could help and that I'm doing this to myself by not going for it!

The herb was suppose to say VItex btw. There is an herb for everything. I think you should really get with a Chinese Medicine acupuncturist. I feel you can get your hormones in better shape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->