PCOS Buddies TTC#1

I was diagnosed six months ago. When I was in Iraq, I went on the depo shot simply because I didnt want to have a period while I was there. Welp, I never got them back when I came off of it. After lots of tests I was diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation. I started the metformin at 1700 mg per day, and that helped me get a 45 day cycle back (better than nothing I suppose). Right before my first round of clomid I had my first chemical pregnancy and then last month I experienced my second. It was heartbreaking, but I am trying to stay positive! At least I can get pregnant, right?? So my RE bumped me up to 100 mg this month and today is CD 4, day 2 of Clomid. Fingers and toes crossed, prayers are said...not just for me but for you girls too!!

I also have PCOS - We seem to be on a very similar cycle! I'm currently on day two of clomid as well ... And I also take metformin just a smaller does!! Fingers crossed for Bfp for everyone!!!

Aww thats a nice story! You both do an amazing job!
I hope you do have a sticky bean very soon!
Yes you sound very lucky to have a guy like that!
Congrats on getting married!
I was married in December!
Welcome 2011sj BABY DUST to you as well and fingers crossed for a BFP!
xox

Aww thats a nice story! You both do an amazing job!
I hope you do have a sticky bean very soon!
Yes you sound very lucky to have a guy like that!
Congrats on getting married!
I was married in December!
Welcome 2011sj BABY DUST to you as well and fingers crossed for a BFP!
xox

Thanks faith n hope!!! :dust: I hope everyone gets there bfp very soon!! :thumbup:

I was diagnosed six months ago. When I was in Iraq, I went on the depo shot simply because I didnt want to have a period while I was there. Welp, I never got them back when I came off of it. After lots of tests I was diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation. I started the metformin at 1700 mg per day, and that helped me get a 45 day cycle back (better than nothing I suppose). Right before my first round of clomid I had my first chemical pregnancy and then last month I experienced my second. It was heartbreaking, but I am trying to stay positive! At least I can get pregnant, right?? So my RE bumped me up to 100 mg this month and today is CD 4, day 2 of Clomid. Fingers and toes crossed, prayers are said...not just for me but for you girls too!!

I also have PCOS - We seem to be on a very similar cycle! I'm currently on day two of clomid as well ... And I also take metformin just a smaller does!! Fingers crossed for Bfp for everyone!!!

hey girlie! i am happy to have found someone on such a similar cycle as me! it might make this month a bit easier to know someone is going through the exact same thing and who knows....maybe april will be our BFP month! keep your fingers crossed and keep me updated! :flower:

I know me too thank you!
How long have u been TTC?
xox

It feels like such a waiting game and everytime a/f comes i get totally bummed out!! Our time will come... We will all get bfp before you know it! Well my journey kinda looks like this - trying to conceive since June of 2011 - We thought we did just that in September as I was pregnant! About 2 weeks later we miscarried and we have been trying ever since! Was diagnosed with PCOS late January of 2012 and have been taking both Clomid and Metformin in hopes of creating our sticky bean! How long have you been trying again?

hey girlie! i am happy to have found someone on such a similar cycle as me! it might make this month a bit easier to know someone is going through the exact same thing and who knows....maybe april will be our BFP month! keep your fingers crossed and keep me updated! :flower:

Yes I was thinking the samething! Nice to be able to talk to someone on the same cycle!! fingers crossed and lots of baby dust for a bfp this cycle!! I will keep you updated for sure and you do the same! Are you trying anything different this month - pre-seed? Or anything ??

I actually just started looking in to the whole preseed thing. what exactly is it? is it a lubricant? so far it looks as though my issue isnt getting pregnant...its staying pregnant!!i had two very early miscarriages...so i will try anything that will make the egg implant and STAY PUT!
i might need to try the preseed though...does it work well for you? the clomid has some very "drying" effects to say the least. maybe ill give it a shot.
other than the metformin and clomid, i am taking a prenatal vitamin and some extra folic acid. hoping to create a nice healthy environment for my little bean when it decides to stick and hold on for dear life.

May I join? I am in a similar situation. 22 y/o, diagnosed with PCOS 6 months ago. Everything is perfect with my DH, his SA came back normal with some strong little swimmers :) Now if we could only get them to reach the egg and stick there!
The metformin im on has helped me get my periods back, and it looks like my first round of Clomid helped me ovulate because it resulted in a "chemical pregnancy". It was such a heart break to know that I was so close to my BFP! But, I'm staying optimistic. Nice to meet you, ladies! Sticky little beans to all on this forum!! :]

Welcome Ashley....As we all are sailing in the same boat, holding hands together and supporting each other would make it lot more easier...!!!

Atleast your DH's results are perfect, that is a positive sign...

Sorry about your loss dear, hope you get your BFP sooner than expected..fingers crossed for ya...

Well said Jogu07 thanks at least we can support each other! xox

yes hun...we are here for each other and that kinda would keep us goin...hope we get our BFP's soon...waitin for the docs appointment so that we can start...wow this waitin game is so frustratin ya.:dohh:..!!!

ashley - keeping our fingers and toes crossed for you...its good that your taking folic acid, I am too....

welcome 2011sj....

It is very frustrating! Esp not knowing how long the wait will be! We have to be very patient! xox

It is very frustrating! Esp not knowing how long the wait will be! We have to be very patient! xox

exactly patience is the key....all this while I was assuming that I was ovulating and now the doc says she is not sure if I am ovulation, tht was a killer you know and to top it all, have to convince my DH to get his SA done...:growlmad:

thanks jogu07! after months of struggling with it alone i decided it was time for some support! i have a good feeling about this month...it is going to happen for all of us, i know it. wouldnt that be amazing?? keep me updated ladies!!

also, have any of u experienced insane dryness with the clomid?? i have heard a little about taking mucinex or robitussen or aspirin, but i dont know much about it. any girls in here take any of them? sometimes all of this is a little overwhelming! all the things we have to do JUST to make our bodies do what a "normal" womans body does every month automatically! oh well, worth it in the end :]

thanks jogu07! after months of struggling with it alone i decided it was time for some support! i have a good feeling about this month...it is going to happen for all of us, i know it. wouldnt that be amazing?? keep me updated ladies!!

also, have any of u experienced insane dryness with the clomid?? i have heard a little about taking mucinex or robitussen or aspirin, but i dont know much about it. any girls in here take any of them? sometimes all of this is a little overwhelming! all the things we have to do JUST to make our bodies do what a "normal" womans body does every month automatically! oh well, worth it in the end :]

completely agree...support makes the TTC journey easier...I m gonna be out this month as I am at my mom's place, waiting to start the treatment as found out that I have PCOS this week...:dohh: I have hypothroid as well so it makes it all the more difficult for me...!!! keepin my fingers and toes crossed for all you lovely ladies...!!!

hope we have atleast one BFP this month...!!! about clomid, havent started yet, but have heard that it dries up your cm...!!!

It is strange that for some it is so easy to fall preggo and for some of us it is like difficult as hell...

anyways, lets stay positive and move forward...!!! Loads of baby dust to everyone...

I actually just started looking in to the whole preseed thing. what exactly is it? is it a lubricant? so far it looks as though my issue isnt getting pregnant...its staying pregnant!!i had two very early miscarriages...so i will try anything that will make the egg implant and STAY PUT!
i might need to try the preseed though...does it work well for you? the clomid has some very "drying" effects to say the least. maybe ill give it a shot.
other than the metformin and clomid, i am taking a prenatal vitamin and some extra folic acid. hoping to create a nice healthy environment for my little bean when it decides to stick and hold on for dear life.

Ya! Pre seed is a sperm friendly lubricant! It's supposed to help when taking clomid as yes clomid drys a person out usually! Lol I think this cycle I'm also going to try eating walnuts and pineapple core 3 days after ovulation as its supposed to help with implantation! This girls willing to try almost anything! Lol

im definitely going to have to get the preseed. just read up on the pineapple core thing too. i dont even care if it is a little out there, i will try every wives tale in the book if it helps me stay pregnant!

night two of clomid...and i am already getting impatient. im feeling very hopeful this month!

Hello!
Aww sorry to hear that you have just had it confirmed! Have u just had tests done? Whats happening at your next appointment?
BABY DUST!
xox

Yes, I just found out that I have PCOS, doc's appointment is on Tuesday...!!!
I have hypothyroid too so...:( all the more worst....Have other test results pending which are due on tuesday...!!! Hence, the medication and treatment starts from tuesday after the doc's appointment...!!!Have been married for almost 1.5 years and have been TTC since day 1...

Whats your story, hope you dont mind my askin...!!1

Thanks for sharing you story. I thought I was alone with this one....I too have PCOS and Hypothyroidsm. I have been treated and on meds for these two things since last august...TTC #1...still haven't been able to get the IUI, been having trouble getting AF and O....thanks for listening...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->