PCOS Buddies TTC#1

I'm looking for buddies with PCOS who are TTC#1. I've been TTC#1 for over 6 months now and found out I have PCOS in February. I'm angry and upset over it and I feel like no one really understands how I feel so I think it would be helpful having buddies in a similar situation. Let me know if you're interested in being buddies!

I was just diagnosed today:confused: I dont even know where to begin now

Hello!
Aww sorry to hear that you have just had it confirmed! Have u just had tests done? Whats happening at your next appointment?
BABY DUST!
xox

Yes, I just found out that I have PCOS, doc's appointment is on Tuesday...!!!
I have hypothyroid too so...:( all the more worst....Have other test results pending which are due on tuesday...!!! Hence, the medication and treatment starts from tuesday after the doc's appointment...!!!Have been married for almost 1.5 years and have been TTC since day 1...

Whats your story, hope you dont mind my askin...!!1

I'm right there with ya....diagnosed hypothyroid in December 2011 and now just found out I have PCOS!

I saw my doctor today for and ultrasound. Im on cd23 and still no dominant follicles...so since I haven't ovulated, instead of cancelling the cycle she has prescribed a higher dose of clomid that I will start today. So basically I am starting a new cycle without having had AF. She said I didn't need to have AF..
So I will take 150mg of clomid for five days...I go back for another ultrasound on April 22nd....

Having PCOS is quite challenging...at least my thyroid is responding well to the mediation...

@amp1117,
I completely understand how you're feeling. I have PCOS and hypothyroidsm as well...

For PCOS I am taking metformin 1000mg twice a day and I am taking synthroid 0.1 for my thyroid...

Kristina

Hi ladies im new to this site. I found out i had pcos when i was 15 yrs old =( i have a ovary and fallopian tube removed when i was 15 as well. I was rold i wouldnt be able to have children without help. I recently found out i was pregnant without any help so it is possible. Im 25 yrs old and still feel to young to have one but i can't wait

Thanks for the message of HOPE. Good luck to you.

Welcome AMP1117! It is hard when you first find out! Ive just been through some initial tests but we are all her eto help and support each other!
Congratulations and thank you for posting MegRodriguez! Gives us faith and hope! Lol!
Also just to add my Drs the same even with the testosterone imbalance he mentioned Metforim but I still havent been prescribed it yet either!
xox
BABY DUST!

Hey girls!

I am here because I want to vent a little and be able to talk to people in my similar situation.

I am 27 years old. I have never had a regular cycle, sometimes I can go up to 7 months with no period. I recently went to my obgyn to try to figure out the problem and her answer to me about regulating my period was loose 10 pounds and everything will be solved. She offered no other help. I became very frustrated and broke down crying because I had been trying to loose weight with no success.

I decided to go to my sisters OBGYN for a second opnion, after telling him about my history, irregular cycle ( since I began my period at 13), weight gain, and much more he sent me for bloodwork and hysterosalpingogram. He tells me that he is almost positive I have PCOS. Which was hard to hear. He says once the tests come back he will probably put me on Metformin and Provera.

I am currently waiting to be able to get my tests done because I have to get my perios in order to get them done, I dont know when my period is going to come.... it can take 6 months before I even get any testing done .

I also started going to an Acupunctuist to help me with my cycle to see if that works.

I am frustrated, sad, angry, and so many more emotions rolled into one. I feel like everyone says I am just overreacting and its no big deal but I dont feel that way, I try to hide how I am feeling but find myself crying ALOT. I hope being here and talking through this will help me.

Welcome PookieFairy83!
Im sorry to hear all of that it is so hard!
Never feel alone though we are all here to help support each other and get through it together! I think people who dont understand and cant relate to you make you feel worse! People say dont stress and it will happen when you least expect it but its so hard when you are struggling!
Sometimes I feel like my hubby doesnt understand I think even men view things differently! But never feel bad for being emotional! Im all over the place at the moment! Until you go through it you never realise how much it actually effects you until you do! Its hard physically and emotionally!
But you are not over reacting! It matetrs to you and all of us here!
Im in tears a lot too and it sucks!
BABY DUST AND LOVE!
GOOD LUCK!
xox

pookiefairy83, it is totally normal to have these feelings. I have the EXACT same situation as you. The good news is that the provera works and then clomid during the cycle to ensure the follicles mature. Having PCOS is a bitch and a real pain in the ass...the good news about this is that it is extremely common and quite easy to regulate. It might take a while for the metformin to start working. You have to start at a small dose and work your way up because it is a difficult medication to get used to (for some like me). So I have been diagnosed with PCOS in august 2011...I too was told to lose weight...didn't happen. They have now regulated my period with provera and tooken care of ovulation through other medications...please don't give up. I wanted to give up also and look at me now, we are going in for an IUI in the next little while...

Stay strong and know that you are not alone. We are here and we are all going thorugh something very similar. As for you and I EXACTLY the same.

Take care, and welcome!
KRistina

hi all, I'm new to this forum....i've been reading posts for a couple of weeks but finally had the guts to post today:blush:
I've been married 1 year and 4 months.
~Married dec '10
~Me - 29 DH - 28
~had the implant in feb '11 (only for a month coz i hated it, i bled for 3weeks and put on a lot of weight)
~switched to BCP March - May
~1st cycle was about 45 days (wasn't checking)
~2nd cycle was about 60 days
~3rd cycle was about 30 days
~4th cycle was about 150days!
on my 5th cycle currently CD46

As depressing as this is, I've been told 3 days ago by my GP that the one of my ovaries (right) is a bit bulky and has a sac of blood which may mean i have polysystic ovaries. I wasnt offered any help or advice except to eat healthy, exercise and take multivitamins. when I asked for a gynae, I was told i had to wait till May (12 month mark of ttc) for them to do anything.

Now I have no clue what to do, ov testing? pg testing? I got +ve on OPK (CB) on CD14 and CD15 and BD'ed on both days as well as before and after. all i got was some cramping CD23 - CD29 but no AF.
I just started to take Angus Castus 2 days ago and also been jogging/walking for 3 days and counting...was really hoping and praying for a 2012 baby:cry:
Any advice is very much welcome

:dust:

I didn't receive anything yet? Did you PM me?

Aww no sorry to keep you waitin...was at mom's place so a lil busy, did not get a chance to peek in...now I am back home and will PM you in a while..:coffee:.

How have you all been...?? Anyone testing this week...???

:dust: to everyone....!!!

Hello!
Aww sorry to hear that you have just had it confirmed! Have u just had tests done? Whats happening at your next appointment?
BABY DUST!
xox

Yes, I just found out that I have PCOS, doc's appointment is on Tuesday...!!!
I have hypothyroid too so...:( all the more worst....Have other test results pending which are due on tuesday...!!! Hence, the medication and treatment starts from tuesday after the doc's appointment...!!!Have been married for almost 1.5 years and have been TTC since day 1...

Whats your story, hope you dont mind my askin...!!1

I'm right there with ya....diagnosed hypothyroid in December 2011 and now just found out I have PCOS!

Welcome Angela...do not worry, I am with you...we all are together in this...stay positive and strong...!!! Hopefully we all will be blessed soon...!!!

Loads of baby dust to you...!!!

hi all, I'm new to this forum....i've been reading posts for a couple of weeks but finally had the guts to post today:blush:
I've been married 1 year and 4 months.
~Married dec '10
~Me - 29 DH - 28
~had the implant in feb '11 (only for a month coz i hated it, i bled for 3weeks and put on a lot of weight)
~switched to BCP March - May
~1st cycle was about 45 days (wasn't checking)
~2nd cycle was about 60 days
~3rd cycle was about 30 days
~4th cycle was about 150days!
on my 5th cycle currently CD46

As depressing as this is, I've been told 3 days ago by my GP that the one of my ovaries (right) is a bit bulky and has a sac of blood which may mean i have polysystic ovaries. I wasnt offered any help or advice except to eat healthy, exercise and take multivitamins. when I asked for a gynae, I was told i had to wait till May (12 month mark of ttc) for them to do anything.

Now I have no clue what to do, ov testing? pg testing? I got +ve on OPK (CB) on CD14 and CD15 and BD'ed on both days as well as before and after. all i got was some cramping CD23 - CD29 but no AF.
I just started to take Angus Castus 2 days ago and also been jogging/walking for 3 days and counting...was really hoping and praying for a 2012 baby:cry:
Any advice is very much welcome

:dust:

Welcome fertiliciousx....+ve OPK does not mean that you have really ovulated, it means that your LH surge has reached its peak and you are ready to ovulate, however it may happen that you havent yet....so would advice you to keep testing and BD every alternate so that you do not miss your most fertile period...!!!

PCOS does not let you loose weight like a normal body, it takes time so do not loose hope....what medication are you on now by the way..?

Hey girls!

I am here because I want to vent a little and be able to talk to people in my similar situation.

I am 27 years old. I have never had a regular cycle, sometimes I can go up to 7 months with no period. I recently went to my obgyn to try to figure out the problem and her answer to me about regulating my period was loose 10 pounds and everything will be solved. She offered no other help. I became very frustrated and broke down crying because I had been trying to loose weight with no success.

I decided to go to my sisters OBGYN for a second opnion, after telling him about my history, irregular cycle ( since I began my period at 13), weight gain, and much more he sent me for bloodwork and hysterosalpingogram. He tells me that he is almost positive I have PCOS. Which was hard to hear. He says once the tests come back he will probably put me on Metformin and Provera.

I am currently waiting to be able to get my tests done because I have to get my perios in order to get them done, I dont know when my period is going to come.... it can take 6 months before I even get any testing done .

I also started going to an Acupunctuist to help me with my cycle to see if that works.

I am frustrated, sad, angry, and so many more emotions rolled into one. I feel like everyone says I am just overreacting and its no big deal but I dont feel that way, I try to hide how I am feeling but find myself crying ALOT. I hope being here and talking through this will help me.

Dear Pookie...welcome to this thread...we all are here for you...please feel free to vent out as much as you want...!!! I understand sometimes the wait(for AF) can be depressing, hope she visits you soon so that you can start the medication which would assist you in the baby making process..!!!
Do not feel low, stay positive and you will be blessed soon..!!!

Loads of baby dust to you...!!!

Aww no sorry to keep you waitin...was at mom's place so a lil busy, did not get a chance to peek in...now I am back home and will PM you in a while..:coffee:.

I haven't done any testing yet...I took my last dose of Clomid last night. Next step for us is an ultrasound on the 22nd to see the follicles and their maturity. This wait is driving me insane though.
Don't worry about it PM me when you have a chance. I think I figured out how to drop the pounds now....I GOT YOU BEAT PCOS!!!!

I haven't done any testing yet...I took my last dose of Clomid last night. Next step for us is an ultrasound on the 22nd to see the follicles and their maturity. This wait is driving me insane though.
Don't worry about it PM me when you have a chance. I think I figured out how to drop the pounds now....I GOT YOU BEAT PCOS!!!!

Hurray....:happydance: Good Luck for the scan...hope you hold your LO soon...!!! I know the waitin game is frustrating, however stay positive and strong....!!!

BTW how is clomid workin for ya...? Heard a lot of ladies say that it dries you up...!

It's my second cycle of Clomid...no severe side effects. However I do have a lot of gas...may Allo be the Metformin...

I think waiting does drive you insane! Ive gone crazy recently! It really gets to you!
xox
BABY DUST AND GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

Yes faith....it drives you crazy and yet we are helpless..!!!

Me too hoping and wishing the same...!!!

Loads of baby dust...!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->