PCOS Club!

well i hope it gets darker. i swear i think im going to start my period like 2morrow or in a few days though. im cramping like i do when AF is about to show. i just wish i knew whats going on if its my body prepairing for AF or from the clomid or from implanting either way it would be nice to know and is making me think im going crazy

Hello ladies. I have PCOS and endometriosis. I have been TTC for 7 months but not preventing pregnancy for 18 months. My Dr is about to start me on Metformin because he believes it will help me conceive. Are any of you ladies on this and what is it like to take (side effects etc) and more importantly, does anybody know if it's worked on it's own for their friends or themselves etc. My Dr said that if Metformin isn't enough to get me pregnant he will prescribe me Clomid also.

becks ive been on it for awhile but cant bring myself to take more than 500 mg. just plan on staying home the first few days of taking it. u will find every restroom in town if u go out. ive learned if i eat better the SE are less and ive heard some ladies take the extended release helps to. there are a few ppl ive heard of who got prego with taking it but many more get prego with the met and clomid

Thank you Sma that helps me brace myself a little more lol although staying home isn't an option. guess i'll just have to stay near a loo at work all day. My Dr said he's going to stagger my dose and to slowly increase it. Let's just see how it goes :)

sma - Im exactly the same. Ive been having af-like cramps since last night. I usually start getting them about 4 days before so Im expecting the witch on wednesday.

Oh well, I guess it means I can enjoy all the champagne at Christmas :thumbup:

Becks - welcome to the thread :flower: Im on Metformin x 1500mg a day and this is my 4th cycle of Clomid. My PCOS also gives me a thick capsule around my ovaries and although my follicles grow nicely and I get an LH surge they can't burst through this capsule :cry: So I think Ill be having ovarian drilling in the next few months...

Hi Becks, I find the best way to take Metformin is of an evening after your dinner. About a week before taking it cut down on greasy foods, carbs and fizz. These are the foods that trigger the upset tummys.

I can take 1000mg a day now (upping to 1500mg next week) fine, just watch what your eating. Good Luck x

Well my AF cramps just started :(

So that would leave me starting clomid on christmas day, and due to the normal side effects do you think i should maybe wait until the cycle after to start?

Hi ladies, how are all of you doing? I have been lurking around here still refusing to give up on you ladies and praying like the dickens that it is your turn too :hugs: I have been reading some of what you ladies have been saying and I would like to renew your hope a bit.

It seems that a lot of you are experiencing some cramping like AF cramps. Fortunately for me, I am on progesterone supplements, so I knew that AF would not be coming. So when I started getting AF like cramps a few days before I tested (11dpo) I decided to look up cramping as an early pregnancy symptom. Sure enough! cramping is an early pregnancy symptom. So just for a bit of hope to keep you ladies going...maybe those cramps you feel are a good sign of an impending BFP :thumbup:

Maria- you are not out yet hun :hugs: Your temps look absolutely wonderful :thumbup: and 10dpo might still be a little too early for you. I wasn't too sure if my first BFP was really there since it was so light. Also, I was 15dpo yesterday and my BFP was still super light. I keep testing to see if my line gets darker even though blood tests show that my hCG is doubling like it should :blush:

Sma- I'm surprised that you tested at 7dpo and might have gotten a + already! That would be amazing if your super faint line really is a BFP. But since you are only 9dpo today, I would wait at least another 2 days before testing again...if you can hold out that long :haha: As for the possible BFP followed by a BFN, I too have heard that it is very common when testing so early. I read that FRER's are kinda weird with their sensitivity levels. Sometimes they can read as low as 6.3mIU, but most of the time they read at about 15mIU. So maybe the first one you got was sensitive as low as 6.3mIU :shrug: and the second was 15mIU :shrug:

And ladies, if none of this helps and you would prefer that I keep my opinions to myself just let me know. I only wish to help out and keep your spirits up. I just sometimes think that I am being more annoying than helpful, but I will never know unless I am told :blush: Gosh I sound so damned sensitive :haha:

Hey courtney, hope you are doing well! how are you feeling?

Did you ever try progesterone cream? Im thinking of using it if I ov soon..Ive got no chance of getting a prescription for it so bought some cream online. Im pretty sure ive got a LP defect (well I did on clomid before the ovarian drilling!) so am hoping it will help lengthen my cycle.

Im a bit in two minds as to whether to use it tho as this (hopefully) will be my first ever natural cycle and not sure whether I should wait and see if the drilling has corrected my hormones and lengthened my LP before trying the cream. Suppose its crazy but I dont want to miss any opportunity now esp as after the op is supposed to be most fertile time..! any advice would be appreciated!

Courtney - love your new ticker !! :happydance: I'm glad the bcc is doubling!! Hope it all goes well for you- you've waited so ling for it!

Well I've done a Frer and got something weird. I thought I could see a very faint line within a couple of minutes. Now, I've done hundreds of free before and never had a hint of a line. A few hours later it was still there so I opened the case :blush: Here's what I saw - in the place of the second line there was like a broken line. So I could see very faint pink at the bottom and at the top but as if it faded in the middle :shrug: It does seem like a dud test. But of course I'll be re-testing tomorrow. :haha:

Still cramping quite a bit and the only promisung sign is that my nipples are still very sensitive and my boobs keep hurting every now and then. I've never had that before:shrug:

Firefox, I've never used the progesterone cream but know girls who used it after IVF. The most important thing is to take it at the same time every day and I think you are meant to lie down for some time afterwards for it to be absorbed. Also like with any progesterone once you start it you will have to carry on taking it until 12-14 weeks and then phase it out. But I'm sure you'll be able to do that yourself. Personally if I were you ID take it this cycle, even if it turns out the drilling has helped your LP

Thanks Maria, think i'll do some googling again on dosage! Really hope this is your month...its sounds promising!!

honey-as far as the clomid i took mine at night before i went to sleep. i didnt have many SE im just grouchy to OH now lol i was fine the few days on it though....

maria-weird that were both getting the same things going on. my boobs keep getting pains in them to and now only my left nipple hurts lol weird....i have little cramps today but yesterday was bad.

courntey-i have the IC test so i was just curious if anything would come up. and thats y i thought its probly an evap. i hope the cramps r a good thing because ive had cramps since 1 dpo and i dont get cramps this early ...EVER...i usually only get them maybe 3 days before AF and that with taking provera if i dont take provera i start cramping the day before af starts( if it does). so its either the clomid messing with my body or little bean movin in lol

Sma - this is strange!!! How similar our cycles are! This is my 4th cycle on clomid and I ovulated twice before on it. In those cycles my cramps went away on 1DPO and didn't come back till about 10DPO so about 4 days before af started.
I've been cramping ever since ovulation this cycle! My nipples didn't get sore till like 5DPO - very unusual as before they got very sore the day after. And then these weird sensations in my boobs...they don't hurt when I touch them but throughout the day I just feel as if someone is pulling something inside! Lol
Will do another frer tomorrow. If today's strange line was anything to do with a bfp it shud be darker tomorrow.

Otherwise wednesday is the start of the new cycle...

Maria I missed that you got a line this morning, how exciting! I hope its the start of a fab line in a few days :)

maria- its very strange how close they r this time. this was my first time on clomid so it was making me wonder but if u have pretty much the same and its not ure first time on it i dont think it is the clomid with all of it. i should start on weds to but im giving it till thursday because i dont know what the comid is going to do to my cycle.....good luck on ure test 2morrow...i hope its a darker line

hey everyone! :hi: haven't been on this thread lately. just wanted to drop by and see how everyone was doing. :dust:

hey pinky, long time no see lol. im doing ok just wondering what in the world is going on with my body. how r u doing

Good luck to everyone testing in the upcoming days. I am so confused still about my temps. I thought it was the soy making it higher but I stopped that days ago and my temps are still way up. :( I just wish I knew what was going on. Blah.

CD1 for me girls. What can I say...I feel DEAD. On top of everything else my Luteal phase was only 11 days this cycle.

Ive not felt this bad for a while. Not speaking to hubby or anyone for that matter. It's like life lost all purpose - everything I do is a waste of time....Nothing will ever give me what I really need and there's not much other point in life....

sorry for the ngativity girls but Im really devastated at the moment.

Good luck to everyone still in the running. I hope to be back at some point next year

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->