PCOS Club!

Ugh I am afraid that I may have ovulated already. My cm is even less right now and tonight my breasts are getting sore. I am so afraid we didn't BD enough! We BDed on Saturday, Monday and today. I'm going to BD for the next couple of days to be sure but I just feel ill prepared and caught off guard!

sma-i'm doing ok, you know, just in the 2ww which really is torture! :dohh: you're not out til :witch: shows her face! don't give up!

Kelly - welcome to the thread :flower: Checking progesterone on CD21 is not necessarily accurate. It assumes you ovulate on CD14 and that's not always the case. So you need to pinpoint your ovulation day (using OPKs and temping) and then have the progesterone bloods done at 7DPO. I would say you have ovulated both cycles actually. Be careful with increasing the dose of Clomid. I ovulated on 50mg but didn't get pg so increased to 100mg and had hyper-stimulation :cry:

Jenny - you BD'ed perfectly! I think you are in the 2WW now and are in with a great chance :thumbup:

Im out - witch has shown her face today. Off to the new docs tomorrow. Will insist on injectibles with a trigger shot and IUI hopefully early next year. Not sure whether to even bother with the Clomid this cycle....luckily Ill see the Dr before it's time for the first pill tomorrow!

sma - any news?

No Christmas BFP for me im afraid Got AF on my birthday, no big surprise as I had been spotting for a few days. Oh well bring on the clomid for a New Year BFP instead

Sorry Maria :(

Im sorry too, Honey :hugs: Especially on your Birthday!

How are you coping?

Tbh, I was devastated 2 days ago when the temp dropped and spotting started....now I couldn't care less.
Weird thing is I was thinking of going back on the pill actually...I just "know" we won't have kids - I always have! So if I were back on the pill I wouldn't torcher myself every month.

If and when Im ready for IVF I can always just stop the pill, right?!

We'll see what the new Dr says tomorrow but if it's another "wait and see for another 6 months" - I don't think Ill be able to cope with that.

Oh Maria, I was thinking that when I started spotting, I just looked at it and thought well thats not a surprise is it!

I hope the Dr goes well tomorrow and can give you some hope x

cd 28 for me and still no AF or watery cm that i usually get right before AF but yet my boobs still hurt,still have cramps,pain in my ribs,cant sleep. so i emailed my gyn to ask him if i can get a blood HCG test so i know whats going on then if its negative i will give it a week then start provera. i did a nother test this morning and once again i swear there was a faint line but looked like a faded evap

Sounds so positive sma, really happy for you and hope it keeps looking good. Some people dont have a high enough level of hcg to pick up on early tests, one of my good friends didt get a line until 17dpo and used mant different types of test before that.

What dpo are you?

im only testing on the IC so they probly have a higher hcg level needed. im 14 dpo i believe it could be off by a day. i wasnt planning on testing untill x mas eve so i hope i get it then.i will be very happy even if AF doesnt show on x mas. i really dont want to start that day

honey-so sorry about AF :hugs: i hope clomid works for you in the new year.

sma-stay positive! :happydance: you're not out yet! i have everything crossed for you!

Hey ladies!

sma - this could be IT!!! Best of luck testing tomorrow! I hope the line gets brighter :thumbup:

Well, Im just back from the Dr's and we have a plan :happydance: I started injectables today and am having an IUI cycle :happydance: Im soooo happy!!!

He was so much better than the other doc! No more waiting on Clomid for another 6 months - straight into action. So Im on injectable Menopur (sp?) and am due my first scan on the 31st. Then once I have some mature follies Ill get a trigger shot and then IUI :happydance:

Really pleased with how toda went! I always had a feeling IUI would do it for us :thumbup:

Hey maria, thats brilliant news!! Fingers crossed it works for you & so glad you saw a decent Doc!!!!

How did you go about picking your private clinic? I think we might go for IUI privately but im currently being treated on the NHS and I know I wont stand a chance getting IUI unless go private. The treatment seems to be soo much better when you are paying for it!

Firefox - I just went to my GP and asked to be referred privately. The GPs have access to the rankings of all the fertility clinics and they can give you a choice. I live in sussex and my choice was either London or Eastbourne as the best clinics in the area. If I chose London, I'd have to go there by public transport. I don't fancy that. I do get emotional (had a cry as we left the clinic today) so the last thing I need is to be seen on trains and tube. Hence I chose Eastbourne.

I heard that people ask to be transferred there from other places because of its reputation.

And I have a friend who goes to the same clinic on the NHS. She has to wait for treatment for months yet look at me - I was treated ON THE DAY!! So they do give preferential treatment to private customers.
An IUI cycle would cost us about £700 all in

Thanks maria, £700 all in for iui doesnt sound too bad considering, take it that includes scans too? Think I'll ask about private clinics when I go see my gp in jan. Its fantastic how quickly you've been seen & actually getting the treatment..well worth the money rather than waiting around on nhs! Best of luck to you..its great that you've got something to look forward to in the new year!

AF got me this morning and is full force....so 29 day cycle for me. im sad that im not prego but happy i had AF come on her own....ps..had a long coversation with OH about this all to. to bad it had to be over text but he still got it and he agreed to DTD every other day after AF

sma-:hugs: i'm sorry! i really thought this was your cycle. dangit. well, i hope for a january bfp for you then!:flower:

so sorry sma :( I agree though really positive step 29 day cycle and getting AF on your own!

Bring on the new year cycles ladies, we are all within a few days of each other again!!

sma - sorry about af, babe :hugs: But - loving your PMA :thumbup: It's reall good news that you ovulated and had a 29 day cycle! Onwards and upwards from here. And good thing DH is on the same page.

I just had a call from the clinic to say that DH's SA results are "absolutely fine" :happydance: He had to produce another sample yesterday and we got the results the next day!! So we can go full steam ahead with the IUI cycle :happydance:

Firefox - here's the approximate costings: drugs would be about £150, scans are £90 each and Ill need about 3-4. The procedure itself is £300. So all in all about £700-800. With NO WAITING - and to me that's priceless :winkwink:

Also yesterday we had to pay £320 for the first consultation, scan and SA. This is a one off cost and everyone has to bear it for their first appointment Im afraid.
My Mum will be helping us through the treatment and Im reall greateful to her :cloud9:

Ladies - 2010 hasn't brought all of us that longed for BFP, but we've met each other on here, has become stronger and wiser and are so much closer to our babies - so I sa 2010 was a GREAT YEAR! And 2011 will be even better! I wanted to sa a huge Thank You to all of you for being there for me. I don't think I could have coped without you, ladies :hugs: So here's wishing you a
Merry Christmas
and
a Happy New Year

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back