PCOS Club!

maria- im going to try and hold out on testing as long as possible this time because im expecting AF this time so im not going to waste my ICs untill late AF. IM ONLY 8DPO so it needs to hurry so i can start my next round of clomid then order more. i will be taking a break from it then next month then back on for 3 months then will be done with it. i just hope i get my bfp sometime!!! i hope its a start of an early bfp for u hun. when should it be out of your system?

Hey maria! Been lurking around this thread. I'll def be looking here Sunday morning for your test results!

Welcome lala.

Hows everyone else doing?

well i finally got my met ER today yay i get to start that in the morning...hopefully its not as hard as the regular stuff. im supposed to take 500 mg a day of the ER

Thanks ladies :flower:

sma - there's no way it's a start of the bfp!!! not at 6DPO. If it were - Id be having a:flower: turbo charged baby :rofl:

Im actually glad ive been testing the trigger shot out. Im pretty sure Courtney said her trigger was out by 7days past the trigger whereas mine was still there at 8das past. And when i googled it it turns out that some ladies have the trigger in their system for up to 14 days :wacko:

So imagine the disappoitnment id have on sunday if i got a bfp only to find out it's still from the trigger...

hahahah turbo charged baby!!!! or maybe babies lol. so should u still expect AF about the same time or later if its still in ure system? i cant wait to c if AF is late but i have a feeling i will test before that then get AF the next day. it happens almost every time. its almost like buying new really cute panties u start the day u put them on....p.s i hate that

Hi everyone,
Has anyone taken Femara/Clomid without being sonologically monitored?I would like to give myself either of these(voting for Femara,as I heard it causes less side effects and does not interfere with EWCM or reduce endometrial thickness) next month or so.

I had a shot of HCG last month,but I din't ovulate.Sorry,I have no PCOS as of now,but the doc thinks I might have subtle PCOS,since I weigh 7 pounds extra.I know it sounds ridiculous,but as long as RE is the boss and I'm begging to be pregnant,I need to listen.:growlmad:

She says no Femara until I've lost weight.Looks like she wants to abandon me because i am bit curious and ask doubts.:shrug:

Hey embryo - yes, Ive had unmonitored cycles on Clomid. One of them nearly ended up in OHSS for me :wacko:

As long as you do opk's to check for ovulation I think you are fine going unmonitored. Although some doc's say it's dangerous.

sma - what are you doing up so late? :haha: Bet you are asleep now :winkwink:

Because Im on progesterone supplements I don't think Ill get af until I stop them.

Just 3 days left till Sunday!!! Although Im not sure what Im so excited about! Ill only be 10DPO so chances are there'll be nothing.

Actually I started feeling quite low today :nope: I have this feeling it didn't work for us and I know what a blow it'll be to get af and start yet another new cycle :nope:

I guess all of go through these ups and downs. I think we won't try IUI again until after April and book that holiday instead!! May be to Florida :happydance:

hi embryo

everyones different but I would avoid taking meds unless prescribed and monitored - Id say concentrate your energy into trying to lose the weight and wait it out x

haha im always up untill midnight or so but i dont wake up untill 9:30- 10:30 am... lol. i think the week of crazy emotions are kicking in now poor OH. o well he better get used to it

embryo-i take clomid without my docs even knowing although my RE said she was going to put me on it i nust ordered it and done tons of research on it and im doing fine with it. im 15 lbs overweight but it works for me. i have O'd twice with it so far and started of with 100 mg cd 2-6 then the last cycle 3-7

Maria I thought you were 8dpo but you must have been 8dpiui, although super charged baby is a good thought :)

CM sticky and creamy has started today, a bit of light cramping and a bit of sore boobs but very light.

sma I saw that you had lots of creamy cm which i think is a good sign :)

honey- i hope so but then again who knows....although with my luck when i think nothing happend it will on the time i would NOT want my due date to be.....2 days after my brothers b day...ugh

I always have tons of creamy cm in the 2WW, so I kinda stopped relying on symptoms :shrug:

Im so glad it's Friday tomorrow! Ive had one hell of a busy week at work - working 12 hour days and feeling knackered by 9pm.

But, Im 7DPO today so half way through the 2WW :thumbup:

Hello Ladies,

Happy to have found this thread and read your stories,

I too belong to this family.PCOS has been part of my life since I was 18, arghh! But never really worried until I wanterd to TTC, this was in Aug 2009.
After no AF for several months,I started taking metformin and clomid last year, I did about 4 or more cycles..not even a small AF. My last AF was in Sep 09 and by May 10 I was getting worried.

Nothing worked, vitex, inositol ect.
One day I bumped into an acupuntcure place, desparation drove me there,I was advised to try acupuncture with chinese herbs, so I gave it a go.
AF came after 6 weeks, a miracle for me! then the others followed.. managed to get pg on my last AF after taken the herbs for 5 months, but I ms at 6 weeks about 12 days ago.

If you ever want to try a different route I would def recommend chinese herbs, no chemicals all natural, they do regulate your hormones.

So wish there was a cure for this....

sending you all lots of baby dust..:dust:

Sunny - I'm so sad to hear about your loss :hugs: Thank you for telling us a bit about your story. I've been thinking about acupuncture, and I've been putting off seeing a homeopath (that works out of the wellness center where I work) until I've tried a few cycles of clomid. I know they're a bit different, but do you know what they gave you?

Maria - Yay! Only one more week...I'm hopeful for you! :dust:

Thanks Maria,Rowan and SMA.

I have regular cycles and I did ovulate every month.I don't really know why I dint this time.I told my RE that I DINT DINT DINT ovulate,because I never had the classic pain of ovulation after the EWCM,but she said I DID,based on USS.:shrug:However,the 21 day progesterone revealed absence of ovulation in this cycle.:nope:

She invented so many reasons for my anovulation-the extra 7 pounds,my stress and blah!:dohh:Any way I may start Femara or Clomid this time.:thumbup:Pls pray for me!!
I conceived my DD at the first month and its so frustrating to see AF after the long 2 WW.:cry:
Believe me,infertility is infertility and the agony is more or less equal-be it primary or secondary.
My missy just rose up from the swimming pool and said,she soooo badly wants a sibling to play with.:cry:

Baby dust to you all!!

embryo - a swimming pool? where about are you? And please don't tell me you are somewhere sunny and warm in the US and a pool in your back yard :brat::rofl:

sunny - so sorry to hear about your mc :hugs: How did you get the chinese herbs? I had acupuncture for a few months - helped me relax but didn't get me a BFP. My acupuncturist never mentioned chinese herbs, but we do have a chinese herbal store in town and Im sure in their window it does mention infertility....May be I should give it a try.

I have been taking a lot of herbal supplements together with Clomid - I believe they helped Clomid make me ovulate, but we didn't get PG :nope:

I have absolutely no symptoms anymore. I think over the last few days my symptoms were from the HCG shot and now that it's out of my system so are the symptoms. Im not too hopeful for this IUI. I am still doubting that I have actually ovulated (because my nipples aren't sore) and also I think by 8DPO I should have some pg symptoms - at least cramps and tiredness.

On a positive note though - we booked 11 nights at a lovely Sheraton in the Canary Islands (in Spain) for the end of April. In the UK we get 2x4 days holidays in a space of 2 weeks because of Easter and the Royal Wedding so we decided to go away. So Ill be taking a break from ttc until May.

I think I want to have the ovarian drilling done next.

Maria please do not give up hope, 8dpo is still early and i know soooo many people who had no symptoms at all until about 6 weeks. I fact no AF symptoms at 8 dpo is a very positive sign :)

AFM I am so glad its Friday, This afternoon I started getting a headache and now I have a sore throat and I havent been sleeping well either :( oh woe is me ;)

stash 777- sorry I have no idea what's in those herbs, they are chinese roots herbs. My chinese doc gives me different herbs, some for helping O and then for TTC.
They have a bitter taste but it's all for the best.:coffee:

Maria F- a chinese acupuncture should have mentioned the herbs too, they're the main thing that will help you O. I started doing acupuncture once a week and herbs everyday, two cups a day, I then stopped the acupunture once I saw that I was able to know when I was O, but I am still taking the herbs. (especially now -recovery time).

The chinese medecine does not believe in taking chemicals like clomid ect, if you start with the herbs they will probably ask you to stop any medicin like clomid as they believe they would interfere with the regulation of your hormones.
It takes time for the herbs to work, they told me it would have taken 3 months to help me O but it took me about 6-7 weeks which is pretty good for someone that didn't have an AF for almost a YEAR!

If you've tried all the options why not try the herbs, you've got nothing to lose, let me know if you need any help:winkwink:

Honeywright is wright, 8DPO is too early to know of any symptoms, I didn't have a clue until a did the test at 4 weeks, hang on there!

Spain during Easter break? Wicked, in need of sunshine all the time here!

Well I am 7 dpo and AF cramps have started right on schedule :(

How is everyone else doing?

Honey - both lack of symptoms and regular af symptoms can still end up in pregnancy....or so I try to tell myself :haha:

My boobies are hurting again today but I don't want to read too much into it as it can be from the trigger shot or the progesterone supplements.

I will do a FRER tomorrow morning but pretty sure it'll be a stark negative.

sma - any unusual symptoms?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->