PCOS Club!

I thought I should say hello...
:)
Hello everyone,
I've read the first couple of pages and then skipped to the last page, I haven't got the patiences to sit through 220 pages lol.
I'm 19 and after about 5 years of trying to work out what's wrong with my, I've been diagnosed with polycystic ovaries. I have a hospital appointment with the Gynaecologist on the 3rd March and I'm so scared! My partner and I have been trying for a baby for 20 months now and we've had no luck.
I'm so worried about what the Gynaecologist will say or what he'll do. My partner doesn't quite understand how I feel so I was seeking some comfort from people who are in the same boat as me.

Thank you for listening :)
Simone

Pinky - long time no see! How are you doing?

Welcome Simone :flower: Is your partner also very young? In that case sorry to say but I can't blame hime. Men mature a lot later than us girls and Im not suprised that at 20 babies are the last thing on his mind.

My DH is 35 and only about a year ago did he start wanting kids properly and it's only now (very recently) that he finally understood just how I feel about my infertility and started being as anxious as me.

Afm - Im getting weird sensations in my lower abdomen. Ive just had lunch and it feels like I can't suck the tummy in anymore. Now, don't tell me I was greedy and ate too much :haha: Because I didn't! It can't be anything to do with pregnancy yet as Im only 5 DPO - so may be all the hormones are messing up my body.

Also, I have a question for you ladies - my boobs seem to hurt - just randomly. As I sit here and type my right one is hurting - as if there's needles inside it. Yet when I press on them they don't hurt :shrug: Anyone else had that? I always thought boobs are sore to the touch not just by themselves. It's quite an uncomfortable feeling and I hope that's NOT how they hurt in pregnancy. I can do with them hurting to the touch (just don't touch them :haha:) but hurting all the time without being touched is just cruel!! Owweee!

well ladies i think im 7 dpo today and not much going on other than sore nipps still. i dont think that will be changing anytime soon untill AF gets here.....i still think im out this time again so only 1 more week untill AF the my last round of clomid for awhile

Maria, I have sore nipples and occasional hurting boobs aswell. A few cycles ago when I first Ov'd on my own i had sore boobs and I had always assumed it was sore to the touch but this was much more hurting on the inside.

MAria are you being given progesterone as part of your IUI? Could be the reason for the sore boobs.

I am a spotty freak today :(

Maria - A couple months ago I had pretty much that same pain in my bbs. Not sure what it was, though.

Hey Maria, last cycle when I used the progesterone cream I had really sore boobs, maybe it is the progesterone?!

Honey wright, I am a spotty freak as well i hate it! Ive got big boulder spots that have progressed to my neck now, they are horrible as they are quite painful too! I look yuk!

Im Cd15 waiting to ov....please work clomid!

yeah, I dont get on very well with them tho. I sold my cbfm on ebay as I got fed up with it last cycle as I didnt get a peak. On my last clomid cycle im sure it gave me peak after i'd ov'd, it had to go for my sainity! :)

On all my previous cycles ive used the cheapy strips 20mui one step ovulation from amazon but have only ever got a feint line..Ive moved on to doing clearblue 'smiley' digital opks this month, still yet to see a smiley. Am really hoping I get one tomorrow. Im soo scared that Im not going to ov, either that or it will be just like all my other cycles that arent right! I nice strong ov is what im praying for!

hows things with you? what cd are you?

I use the cheapy OPK's as well. What I found is for cycles where i didnt Ov I would get faint line which at points would slowly get darker then slowly lighter again. On cycles I did Ov I would get no line until just before Ov then it would be really dark.

This cycle I didnt get any line until CD15 and I think I ov on cd18 when it went blank again.

I am 3 dpo at the moment on first round of clomid.

I see you are on your 4th, im surprised they havent increased your dose yet.

Pinky - long time no see! How are you doing?

Welcome Simone :flower: Is your partner also very young? In that case sorry to say but I can't blame hime. Men mature a lot later than us girls and Im not suprised that at 20 babies are the last thing on his mind.

My DH is 35 and only about a year ago did he start wanting kids properly and it's only now (very recently) that he finally understood just how I feel about my infertility and started being as anxious as me.
!

My partner is 22, he's been wanting children for a while. He's really family orientated and so am I. We've both had our families fall apart around us so we're both determined to have a successful family. We're both so frustrated with my body. I don't think he realises how it makes me feel as a woman. It's horrible not having my body work properly and knowing it's me that's stopping us from having children.

What would normally happen at a first gynaecologist appointment? I'm soooo scared.

Yeah it is my 4th cycle, but my first after ovarian drilling..my first 2 cycles were at 50mg, 3rd at 100mg. My progesterone blood test results got progressively worse the more clomid that I took and AF would show way too soon after the date that i 'ovulated'. Am really hoping that the drilling/ clomid combo will help me ovulate properly and have a proper cycle!

Here's hoping anyway!

So you didn't get any lines at all when you werent ovulating? On the instructions for the ones ive been using they say that the tests are invalid if only the control line is visable, thats what made me switch to the more expensive ones. I was only getting blanks or feint lines! How many times per day would you do them and at what time of day?

Hey good luck for your first cycle, have you got on ok with the clomid?

Kubb - it does suck when you have problems :( But the good thing is that you and DH have age on your side. On the other hand its even more disappointing to have problems at such a young age :hugs:

Honey and Firefox - I've covered with huge nasty spots for a year now :nope: my face has JUST gotten a little better but my neck and back are still horrendous. I actually had to buy a new wardrobe so all tops have closed back and front :nope:

My nipples don't actually hurt...they stopped hurting last cycle which does kind of make we wonder if I ovulated at all these past 2 months :shrug: I'm sure the boob thing is from progesterone. At work today and really wanted to curl into a ball and just hug my boobies :haha: It was my right boob and now I think the left one's starting!

Ill be a test tomorrow to make sure the trigger shot is out of the system and then test properly on sunday at 10DPO.

Sma - when do you plan on testing?

Hi girls!

Thought i'd join this thread as I too have PCOS. I was diagnosed when i was 23 after I hemorraged for 6 weeks. Nasty, I know. Ended up having a blood transfusion. Since then (I'm now 34) I've had 4 miscarriages (that I know of). My last one was Dec 19th when i was 8+4, heartbroken. It seems that my problem isn't getting pregnant, which is usually the case with PCOS. I conceived my last bean after trying for only 2 cycles... my problem is holding on to the pregnancy. :( I went to the hospital yesterday and they are finally starting some testing with the lupus anticoagulant and anticardiolipin antibody tests. Anyone else had these tests? Maybe this is the wrong thread for that question. It's going to be a long old process but I'm hoping we'll get there eventually and I finally get to have a happy and healthy pregnancy carried to full term.

It's been nearly 4 weeks since the miscarriage and although we've been 'active' since then my Beta HCG was less than 1 on Monday... obviously not preggo again.

Wishing you all sticky baby dust and luck TTC.

Lara x

Firefox (im gonna call you foxy from now on), if i didnt ovulate I would get lines but never a positive.

Welcome lara and so sorry about your mc's. Ive never been pregnant so cant really help im afraid.

Lara - I heard that m/c is also common among PCOS ladies. It's because of elevated male hormon levels. But they should be able to correct that with hormone supplements.
Best of luck for your tests.

I tested this morning and am still getting a faint line on the tests. It's only 8DP Trigger so I guess it's not out of my system yet.

But Im sure by Sunday the tests should be accurate already as it's still 4 days away.

Thanks HoneyWright - good luck with your clomid cycle! :)

Maria, yes I've heard that too. The hospital haven't mentioned doing any hormone level tests - I hope they do!! Good luck for Sunday!!

x

ohh maria what if its an early bfp, how long should it take to come out of system? If still trigger great to see a line again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->