PCOS Club!

OMG!!! CLO - MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

So happy to read the good news - it's so encouraging! Can I ask how often you BD'ed around ovulation?
Wishing you a sticky bean and a bouncing baby!!!

AFM - Guess what, ladies - 12 days after ovarian drilling I got a super-duper strong positive OPK :happydance: The test line is so dark, it's almost black :wacko: Im not going to do times BD'ing as we are off to Mexico in 5 weeks so Im in 2 minds whether I want to fall before then or not.

Id just be over the moon if I get my ovulation restored!!! This is also without any Clomid or anything! :thumbup:

If it happens - great, but I do want all those free-flowing Margaritas and Mojitos in Mexico :wine:

Oh girls, Im just SOOOO HAPPY!!!

Hi

Maria, that is fantastic news!! Im so please that the OD worked for you!!

Well to be honest we only did it twice as i thought i had already ovulated, my temps stayed low and then i did another OPK and it was positive again ... we quickly :sex: again and then i ovulated the next day!! So must have caught one of the two times!!

Mexico, i loved it there, would love to go back!!

xxx

Wow!! Congratulations Clo_mid!! Fantastic news.

MariaF really good news on the positive opk!!

Fingers crossed all the good news is contagious xx

AFM - Guess what, ladies - 12 days after ovarian drilling I got a super-duper strong positive OPK :happydance: The test line is so dark, it's almost black :wacko: Im not going to do times BD'ing as we are off to Mexico in 5 weeks so Im in 2 minds whether I want to fall before then or not.

Id just be over the moon if I get my ovulation restored!!! This is also without any Clomid or anything! :thumbup:

If it happens - great, but I do want all those free-flowing Margaritas and Mojitos in Mexico :wine:

Oh girls, Im just SOOOO HAPPY!!!

Eeeek Maria you HAVE to get on the case BD-wise!! Mexico will still be amazing without the booze :winkwink: xx

I agree, get down to it, what if you dont OV next month? Would be gutting.

hi,
i was just wondering how everybody is doing on the clomid. i was just diagnosed with PCOS and my obgyn wants to start me on clomid. my husband is worried about it and i would like to know how u guys dealt with it.

hi,
i was just wondering how everybody is doing on the clomid. i was just diagnosed with PCOS and my obgyn wants to start me on clomid. my husband is worried about it and i would like to know how u guys dealt with it.

Hiya

I'm on my 5th cycle of Clomid and it's definitely made my cycles more regular and I've had positive OPKs every month... Apart from hot flushes and the odd mood swing it's been a doddle xx

I'm having quite a rough time on clomid but I prefer to be on it than not. Wasn't ovulating without it and at least now things are a bit better if not perfect.

I took my second pill last night and I haven't had any side effects. This is my first round of clomid and I'm also getting a booster shot. Let's hope I ovulate!!!

I didnt get any side effects from Clomid, some people say to take it at night to sleep through any side effects.

I did two rounds of it and then did an au naturale cycle and it must have kick started my body as I ovulated on cd 27 all by myself!! Yay!!

Good luck, if you have any more questions we are more than happy to help!

xxx

Overall I was fine on Clomid. I was one of the lucky ones. I had a couple of hot flushes but not too bad. What was horrible was mood swings. I turned hysterical around ovulation :wacko: And I couldn't control it....

Yeah, 'course we are gonna BD tonight :winkwink: No guarantees it'll happen right away, you know...

Hey Everyone!

Just wondering if anyone can help, I have pcos and been ttc for 2 1/2 years started clomid in Dec.

Round 1: 50mg ov on d14 (Follicle tracking, CMFM & blood test to confirm)
Had a month off
Round 2:back on ov d14 (Follicle tracking, CMFM & blood test to confirm)
Round 3: d20 no ovulation and I don't have the twinges...

Has anyone else had this happen? If so did you continue on 50mg or did you increase? Thanks in advance!

I had a half baked OV last month on 100mg and my dr didnt want to increase the dose but did tracking. Are you getting tracking done this month? Id assume theyd talk to you about your options at that. And if youre not, are you sure you didnt just miss the surge? Theres also a clomid club you could check out for specific q's about that.

Hey Everyone!

Just wondering if anyone can help, I have pcos and been ttc for 2 1/2 years started clomid in Dec.

Round 1: 50mg ov on d14 (Follicle tracking, CMFM & blood test to confirm)
Had a month off
Round 2:back on ov d14 (Follicle tracking, CMFM & blood test to confirm)
Round 3: d20 no ovulation and I don't have the twinges...

Has anyone else had this happen? If so did you continue on 50mg or did you increase? Thanks in advance!

I ovulated on the 1st month of Clomid, then didn't on the second and then went to ovulate every one of the remaining 3 cycles. No idea what went wrong the 2nd time round :shrug:

I had to take Provera to kickstart a cycle again

Okay, great thanks for the replies.

Yes I am being tracked once I go back up to 100mg, I was tracked my first and second, but on the 3rd wasn't.

I have been using an CBFM since d9 on each cycle, so I don't think I missed it and I haven't had the normal twinges. I will try that site mentioned and speak to my FS

Hi All *****IM NEW HERE******SO dont know the abbreviations....

My name is Ren and I have been TTC since Apr 2002. No joy no luck...I am a large girl but so many women have children although I know that being overweight doesnt help. After struggling and convincing my DR, they referred me to the fertility clinic at my local hospital...been going on for nearly 3 yrs...until I was told to go for the Ovarian Drilling although theres a high chance it wouldnt work because of my size. Having said that, I still went ahead with it and this done on Wed 16th Mar 2011. I was waiting for the worse news that it had failed and that something was wrong...BUT to my surprise, the dr's came in and said that the op was successful. They found a few cysts and managed to get to my ovaries to drill them. No complications nothing i was over the moon. BUT now what...?? they checked me thoroughly and everything is fine my womb uterus tubes the lot....but i have not been given any details now as to what to do or go or what to expect and no follow up appointments...nothing. I am bleeding very slightly and am in pain from the internal work they have done and hope it calms down soon. Does anyone know what happens now....surely I cant start trying straight away as it would kill me....do I wait till a period comes on or??? I am very confused and hope someone can help me and possibly send me BABYDUST as I am sooo desperate to have a child....I have been told this is the end for me now...as the DR will not do anymore because of my weight but I can not lose it...
has anyone conceived from OD who is overwight??? any stories???
Pls share...oh and I have no idea what abbreviations get used here...

Hi All *****IM NEW HERE******SO dont know the abbreviations....

My name is Ren and I have been TTC since Apr 2002. No joy no luck...I am a large girl but so many women have children although I know that being overweight doesnt help. After struggling and convincing my DR, they referred me to the fertility clinic at my local hospital...been going on for nearly 3 yrs...until I was told to go for the Ovarian Drilling although theres a high chance it wouldnt work because of my size. Having said that, I still went ahead with it and this done on Wed 16th Mar 2011. I was waiting for the worse news that it had failed and that something was wrong...BUT to my surprise, the dr's came in and said that the op was successful. They found a few cysts and managed to get to my ovaries to drill them. No complications nothing i was over the moon. BUT now what...?? they checked me thoroughly and everything is fine my womb uterus tubes the lot....but i have not been given any details now as to what to do or go or what to expect and no follow up appointments...nothing. I am bleeding very slightly and am in pain from the internal work they have done and hope it calms down soon. Does anyone know what happens now....surely I cant start trying straight away as it would kill me....do I wait till a period comes on or??? I am very confused and hope someone can help me and possibly send me BABYDUST as I am sooo desperate to have a child....I have been told this is the end for me now...as the DR will not do anymore because of my weight but I can not lose it...
has anyone conceived from OD who is overwight??? any stories???
Pls share...oh and I have no idea what abbreviations get used here...

Hey Ren,

I am also on the large side. I'm not going to hide it - size 18/20. I had the ovarian drilling just like you in May 2009 and caught in October 2009. I had a MC, sad fact of PCOS I'm afraid.
But just like you there is no follow up. The only thing I was told by the consultant was - dum dum dum - LOSE WEIGHT. Yes, she was absolutley blunt and told me outright that there would be no chance of Clomid or anything until my weight was in the BMI of 25 range.
Not a thing a comfort eater like me likes to hear!

So, the bottom line is the op really did help me. Good Luck! :thumbup:

PS I swim 3 miles a week, walk 21 miles a week and can barely manage to lose 1/2 a pound a week so I know exactly how you feel and how devastating it is to be so big and want a baby soooo much and feel like no-one wants to help.

Ren - I also heard that ovarian drilling has much higher chances of success if you are closeto normal weight.
Did you ovulate on your own before OD? The op is considered a success if it restores your natural ovulation.
They say if you only lose 10% of your weight it could help!

I have always had irreg cycles and then they just stopped a few years back. I was told I had PCOS and then I didnt and then I did and didnt...Its like a viscious circle....I then was diagnosed with under active thyroid.....I was then given provera to bring a cycle on every 3 months....I did clomid for a year and nothing....I did Metaformin but couldnt handle the side affects. In the end I just pushed and pushed for the OD and was told, it wont work, it will fail, your ovaries will fail, you will have scarring and inflammation and possibly ovarian failure and this was up till the last min of my surgery on Wed. I was even told that If i fell pregnant it may be still born and all sorts..this was literally mins b4 I was out and ready to be worked on....sooo upset and I still signed all consent forms and left it to god........I woke up and was in tears that I survived it....after everything I was told...and even the dr's were like ''Your ok...everything went fine...urs tubes uterus everything is in good shape and form and size....we found tiny cysts on your ovaries and the drilling has been successful although you have a large tummy....OMG.........Thats it...i was told no more follow ups and this was the end for me........so hence I AM LOST...i cannot lose the weight no matter what....yes my bmi is around 45 and i am a size 26/28 but if it was sooooo complicated and risky, they would not have done the surgery...I am also shocked but grateful that maybe this is my time to really have what i really want....a baby of me and my husband...this is very long but just a little story for you all that think the worse...I sure did but the future looks bright...at least i know that if anything I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->