PCOS Club!

Noooooo, oh mate im so sorry to hear that!

Yay for an xmas baby though, good luck and :dust: for this cycle xxx

Hello Ladies,

I hope you don’t mind if I join in. I was diagnosed with PCOS in August 2009 even though I knew I had it prior to that. The Dr. diagnosed me with severe PCOS. For the next year I went on a diet starting a little of exercise and lost about 25 lbs. I had my lab work done again in January and the dr. was so amazed at how much my ratio had dropped. I still have it but not as severe as before.

My DH had a vasectomy 7 years ago and we finally had it reversed. We went for our SA and we found out we only have 3 million sperm. So I put him on Vitamin C and we are going to talk to his dr. to see what else we can do or if within time more sperm will reproduce. My dr. said we need more sperm to have an iui and he recommended for us to just do ivf but it’s so expensive. We are still going to try two rounds of iui hoping there’s enough sperm to make it. Now I’m just waiting for the :witch: to show up so I can start clomid. Sorry for the long story!

:dust::dust: to all of us!!

Hi

Welcome to the group. Good luck with everything :) Hope :witch: doesnt take too long to show

Thanks Clo...I think thats what it was as it didn't last...next time i went to the bathroom it was gone....wanted to :sex: last night bu OH had a headache:dohh: and was really tired sooo:nope: try today i guess...i wish they understood like we do...if ya want the baby you gotta work extra hard right? jeeeez :dust:

I know .... all the things that we have to go through and all they have to do is :sex: ... doesnt seem difficult to me!! Its typical that they suddenly dont want to do it when its most important!! Arg!

HappyBunny, welcome, wow what an achievement ... well done chick ... good luck for the IUI and increased :spermy: im sure the doctors will do all they can to help before you get to the IVF stage. I really hope it goes well and that the clomid works too :dust:

xxx

So...

I have PCOS, a golf ball sized cyst on my left ovary, and both ovaries are twice the size they should be. I've been put on BC to hopefully get rid of the cysts. Then I have an order for an HSG, if that turns ok showing open tubes we then are doing clomid and IUI. I'm so sad and DH wasn't very sympathetic which was so unlike him.

I'm terrified of this bursting cyst I'm supposed to experience from the bcp. Has anyone else be put on BC to remove the cysts and been ok with clomid after?

Aw ready, Im sorry you have these problems, if you have any questions dont be afraid to ring your doctor and ask them too, they should be able to properly reassure you.

We all know that our other halves dont know the half of what we are experiencing when TTC, perhaps explain to him how you are feeling and just that you need his support. They will soon sort you out and if they are talking about clomid and IUI then both things give you a bigger chance of cenceiving when you get round to it, you'll have super eggs and super sperm at the right place at the right time which is most peoples trouble.

Dont be afraid of having a massive cry and strop ... but then you have to think positively and keep soldiering on!

Big hugs chick xxxx

Ridley seems like we are close in cycles. I am on CD1 today but my period was a little late.

ReadyWithLove sorry your DH wasn't understanding. I agree with Clo_mid. Sometimes they don't get it. My OH didn't get it either until I sat him down and explained it all to him. He has been great since.

Back when I was younger I was put on the BCP to help with my PCOS but I wasn't put on Clomid after so I'm sorry I don't have any experience related to exactly what you are going through. I would think that my BCP would help with the hormones that are messed up with PCOS though and I would think that there shouldn't be much of a worry after coming off of it because you do have the clomid. But I am just speculating. I hope it all works out for you dearie.

Im on CD 2 today, cycle 2 of clomid. Ive been having sharp pains in my left ovary area all day. I know that this ovary is the one with the cysts on, and I OV'd from right ovary in Jan, so seems fair to assume it was Mr Left's turn last cycle.

Im slightly worried that I might have a large cyst tho with the pain. It comes and goes but is quite painful when it comes, probably like a 7 out of 10 like a sharp stab, similar to OV pains and it kinda pulses. If it is a cyst, is it something which needs seeing to?

cranberry - did they allow you to start clomid with cysts? If I were you I would just call your doctor and have n ultrasound just to check on things. They are using BC to get rid of my cysts then starting me on clomid. I'm hoping the BC works. I'm sooo scared of how painful the process of eliminating the cysts is going to be.

Yeah the dr finally found some last appt. Have an us booked for march 21st. Haven't had any twinges for an hour or so now so I'm sure it's all fine, just total hyperchondriac.

cranberry - Well that's good you are feeling better. I've been given high doses of BC to eliminate mine. I'm really scared and can't seem to find anyone with a similar experience.

Have you been to verity website? That's more a dedicated pcos forum, maybe someone in there will have a similar experience to you

Ive not been on here for ages, ladies - sorry.

Welcome to all the new girls!

not much happening for me - Im either CD9 if I count it after the OD or CD 22 or so from my last af. I have no idea when, if at all, to expect ovulation. I don't have any opks and will probably get some tomorrow.

Im going back to work tomorro and Ill miss the time I had at home last week :coffee: It was nice to just laze around :haha:

About men - DH and I had some MAJOR rows over ttc and BD'ing on the right days. When you are putting your body though so much crap, the last thing you want to hear is that he's not in the mood for BD'ing. We both have come a long way though....but I believe mine could still be a bit more interested/understanding!

Ive not been on here for ages, ladies - sorry.

Welcome to all the new girls!

not much happening for me - Im either CD9 if I count it after the OD or CD 22 or so from my last af. I have no idea when, if at all, to expect ovulation. I don't have any opks and will probably get some tomorrow.

Im going back to work tomorro and Ill miss the time I had at home last week :coffee: It was nice to just laze around :haha:

About men - DH and I had some MAJOR rows over ttc and BD'ing on the right days. When you are putting your body though so much crap, the last thing you want to hear is that he's not in the mood for BD'ing. We both have come a long way though....but I believe mine could still be a bit more interested/understanding!

Oh Maria I know all about that!! Thankfully the last 2 cycles DH has been accommodating but the first 3 cycles were so frustrating where I didn't feel like he made enough effort and was worried we weren't BDing enough or on the right days.... queue floods of tears and accusations that he obv didn't want this as much as me... and also what bloke in his right mind would complain about having to BD so much! LOL :haha:
Such a relief that he's making more effort now tho.

I have this cycle and next left on Clomid then I'm in for Ovarian Drilling :wacko:

Good luck & :dust: to all xxx

Hey Girls, im back again, not been about for a while. Had a DnC in Oct to remove a thick lining of my womb, all gd, although as a PCOS sufferer i have still not had an AF yet since then.

morning ladies still no af since oct :( just waiting for the 13th of april for my gyne feels like forever and even then it might not help getting little bit tired of my body doin shit to me :( all i hear now from my family is 'its because ur pcos' im like omg!!! scream and shout my bf getting pretty fed up with tryin and nothing i keep trying to explain what my body is doin but he dont understand :(

hi everyone! I just came across this thread and thought I'd see if anyone was in the same boat as me.... after my first daughter I was diagnosed with insulin resistance. I was put on metformin, then slowly went off of it because of side effects, etc. I got re-tested, and my levels were good. Then about a year ago I got re-tested again, and they said I needed to go back on Metformin because my numbers were a little bit high. Once again, I have slowly gone off of it because of the side effects. I haven't been tested again recently, and I just found out I am expecting. I have never had a scan or anything to check for PCOS, but they are automatically combining the two disorders together. I conceived the first month of trying, so no complications in conceiving, but I'm just concerned about the rest of the pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->