PCOS Club!

MummyTTC - it does help to know that you are not alone. Because during some of my darkest moments I think it can't get worse than this but it does :cry: And of course you always assume no one else can possibly be as crazy and go through something similar- but they do! And that's why I love this place because we can all support each other.
OD isn't that bad at all. And with amazing success rates Im glad Ive had it done - now just waiting to see what happens :thumbup:

Ashley - you're probably best asking in the Pregnancy section of the forum. Please dont take it the wrong way but most ladies on here are struggling to just conceive their first for 18+ months so I doubt any of us can give any pregnancy advice :flower:

Nothing new from me ladies, did my first OPK and it's negative of course :dohh: But I noticed EWCM since yesterday so Im wondering if it's still discharge after the lap or may be something's happening with the ovaries and the follicles :winkwink: Will keep doing the OPKs for the next couple of weeks and see what happens :thumbup:

I have a question that's been puzzling me for a while, I don't know if anyone can help at all but I thought it's a worth a shot asking...

When I went to the Gyno on the 3rd March, I read the referral letter from my GP & at the bottom of it, it mentioned that I suffered from a massive long word known as ITP back in 1993 when I was 2...why was this brought up? Did having ITP cause PCOS?
I have to have a vaginal scan on the 13th April so I will ask my Gyno then. I completely forgot to ask when I went on the 3rd.

I've tried researching it on the internet but haven't found anything helpful, it's driving me mad!!

Any help would be much appreciated, my little brain can't handle much more confusion. :blush::lol:

I have a question that's been puzzling me for a while, I don't know if anyone can help at all but I thought it's a worth a shot asking...

When I went to the Gyno on the 3rd March, I read the referral letter from my GP & at the bottom of it, it mentioned that I suffered from a massive long word known as ITP back in 1993 when I was 2...why was this brought up? Did having ITP cause PCOS?
I have to have a vaginal scan on the 13th April so I will ask my Gyno then. I completely forgot to ask when I went on the 3rd.

I've tried researching it on the internet but haven't found anything helpful, it's driving me mad!!

Any help would be much appreciated, my little brain can't handle much more confusion. :blush::lol:

Hello,

No idea if this is right or not but I Googled and this is what I found - https://www.patient.co.uk/health/Idiopathic-Thrombocytopenic-Purpura-(ITP).htm

Looking at it it says that "Because most adults with ITP do not have any symptoms, ITP is usually diagnosed on a routine blood test that has been done for other reasons. The full blood count shows a lower number of platelets than normal. The laboratory will also look at your blood under a microscope...........Like children, most adults with ITP do not require active treatment unless they have significant symptoms or need to undergo surgery for any reason, including dental work. It is important to have adequate platelet levels before surgery in order to minimise the risk of severe bleeding during the procedure."

Ridley seems like we are close in cycles. I am on CD1 today but my period was a little late.

yea pretty close. I am on CD6 now. my cycles are anywhere from 28-32 days now

lately i have been feeling pretty sorry for myself; a little defeated.
I think its because I am nearing the 2 year mark and never thought it would take this long. I thought I would be pregnant at 25 and I am about to turn 27 and still nothing :(

heya guys

how are you all doing

finally got another gyno appt through on the 24th of march, i am so so nervous. everything has seemed to much recently and the loosing weight went out the window a little while ago.

my grandma has been in intensive care recently and it seemed like nothing could get any worse, but last week i got a fone call to say that i was succesfull in an interview for a promotion - so it was nice to have some good news for a chnage :)

the shifts wll be better and it'll be easier to bd on the right days as and when i eventually ov, so it's given me abit of a boost tbh

i am hoping to kick some but at the gyno appt soon and either get my metforim or at least some provera(sp?) so i can have a period for the first time in about 2 1/2 yrs lol

here's to some PMA to us all x

Butterfly - Im so sorry about your grandma :hugs: Mine had her 3d stroke on Boxing Day and it's been tough ever since.

But YAY on the promotion and the upcoming appointment - not long to go!!!! :happydance:

NG - I totally understand how you feel. We started ttc when I was 27, Im about to turn 29 in 4 weeks. When I think about HOW long it's taking and WHAT I had to go through already and still no result, it does all add up and I just feel so sorry for myself :cry: I do think, well, Ive done so much and it STILL Hasn't happened - so what are my chances?! What else is there apart from IVF and even then there's no guarantees...

Hang in there, chick, PMA is so important....wish I had some, Id share it with you :haha:

I thought I was close to ovulating as had a lot of ewcm yesterday. But totally negative opk last night and no more ewcm today so who was I kidding?! Back to the good old waiting game!

Hi Girls

So hard to keep the PMA going isn't it! :dohh:

None of us ever thought it would be this hard, at least we know we're not alone....It can be so easy to wallow in it and have a bit of a pity party... I allow myself a couple of days a month to mope :blush:

Hope we get a couple (or more would be amazing) of :bfp: this month so we all get a bit of faith restored :winkwink:

Good luck & lots of :dust: everyone xx

Hello ladies

Well McMummy, your wish is my command .... i got my :bfp: today!! I totally didnt believe it this morning so bought more test at lunchtime, held my pee for 4 hours (ouch!) and pee'd on 2 more sticks and got more :bfp:

:wohoo:

So girls you CAN do it! Ive been TTC for 16 months with PCOS and long irregular cycles ... typical that it should happen for me on this cycle which was my cycle off the clomid!!!!

Sharing all my :dust: with you lovely ladies, I really hope it happens for you all soon

Big :hugs: xxxx

Hello ladies

Well McMummy, your wish is my command .... i got my :bfp: today!! I totally didnt believe it this morning so bought more test at lunchtime, held my pee for 4 hours (ouch!) and pee'd on 2 more sticks and got more :bfp:

So girls you CAN do it! Ive been TTC for 16 months with PCOS and long irregular cycles ... typical that it should happen for me on this cycle which was my cycle off the clomid!!!!

Sharing all my :dust: with you lovely ladies, I really hope it happens for you all soon

:happydance::happydance::happydance:Congratulations :happydance::happydance:

You give us all hope!!!

Sorry i havn't been on here for a while...:flower:

how are you all today?:flower:

i started Metformin last tuesday:thumbup:
i have to say though.... i dont like it at all:cry: its been making me feel very weird and very ill, i feel tired & weak:sleep: nauseous:sick:thirsty, confused & dizzy:headspin:.... oh & also the dreaded diarreah:loo: i just keep thinking, shall i even bother with it, i feel worse on it than i did before & i dont like sleeping all the time:sleep:.....and also.... even though the chance is very small, i'm petrified of getting lactic acidosis, i dont know what foods to eat to prevent it and the doctor didnt even bother doing a medical before putting me on it, she was just like... "here's your pescription, it cant hurt you" ..... grrrr:growlmad: i'm just an emotional mess & i dont know how to feel or what to do:cry: i'm sorry i'm so down today ladies, hope you can all understand.

:dust::hug::dust:

Hello ladies

WOWSERS!!! Yay, Congratulations!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Here we go ladies, this is the start of a March avalanche of :bfp:s!!!
Did you do anything different this month Clo_mid? Apart from having a month off Clomid xx

Clo_mid congratulations, that is so great for you :) now you just need to blow the baby dust our way x

Thanks ladies, nope didnt do anything different really, only :sex: twice as well so im very surprised!! I did try and be a bit more relaxed about it and tried very hard not to symptoms spot as soon as id ovulated!

Sorry i cant be more helpful ladies but here is some of my baby dust

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Really hope I can bring the PMA up and show that it can happen!!!

xxxx

sooo I got my results from the FS today as I asked for a copy. He said at the time they were normal and I think he meant normal for pcos but looking at them i think he meant normal people normal ;)

ANyone shed any light on these?

FSH 5.3
LH 3.2
Progesterone 0.8
Testosterone 0.69
Sex hormone binding 39
prolactin 269
oestradiol 207

All from Day 2

Also got 12 cysts on each ovary, with volume at 10cc and 5cc.

Thanks ladies

Omg Clo_mid!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Bet you're so so so happy! Really pleased for you :)

Congrats Clo_mid....I'm so happy for you hun...hopefully a lot more :bfp: pop up...I'm hoping this is my month :dust: to all and let you see your :bfp: this month

Hello ladies

WOW Clo_mid congrats hunny i can't believe it i wish you's all the best :baby::hug: it's been a long time coming huh? oooo let us know when your scan date is. xx

Hi

Thanks so much everyone .... i still dont quite believe it but FRER test :bfp: again this morning and slightly darker than yesterday!!

I hope iv started a long row of :bfp: now and ill be back here checking up!!

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->