PCOS Club!

I havent been here in a while.....I thought I would update that after 21 months I have my clear BFP!
got it today on 19dpo :)

Congrates Hun, that's brilliant!

Not sure if I posted after my consultants appointment?! Got to go back in 6 months, keep taking metformin and loose some weight! Have lost over half a stone in two weeks! Yay!

After years of not having periods I have had two in the past two months!!! They aren't totally "normal" but they are more than I've had before!

hi everyone! :wave: have not posted on bnb for a few months, so i just thought i'd drop by and send lots of :dust: to everyone and send positive vibes for may. :happydance:

Hey ladies! back after a long absence. Just got referred for IVF, as the 150mg of Clomid for 10 days did not make me ovulate and that is the highest dose my doc can give me...sigh...oh well. onwards and upwards!!
hope you're all doing well =)

Another :bfp: here so please please keep your hopes up girls... I really didn't think it would happen for me... but it has.
Hope to see you all over in 1st trimester soon!

:dust: to all xx

has anyone had any sucess with femara? im on 2000mg of metformin and done clomid 50, 100 and 150mg with no sucess. i go back to the FS on may 6th and start femera.

I think the metformin is working, I've had three periods in three months, not strictly a 28day cycle but getting there! Have had spotting on and off since my last period but I figure that is my body getting back into whack! I'm so chuffed since I haven't had a period in 8 years!!! Hoping now we might get a :bfp:

hi girls :flower: hope you don't mind me jumping in. Hope you're all okay :hugs: i know it's not (probably) the right place to jump in but could i ask how you all got suspicions of PCOS? I'm suspecting i might have it & wondered how i go about it :flower:

Hi I'm new here but I suspected pcos after having very irregular periods and abnormal facial hair all over my face and i suspected pcos because my grandmother and aunt have all the same symptoms I have and they have PCOS so I went to my doc 10 years ago and got the diagnosis. Now i am in the begining of ttc with the help of a fertility doc. I hope this helps.

I don't have PCOS but I am reading a lot about nutrition and diet effects on our bodies and fertility. I've been a vegetarian all my life and I also try to get as much organic / bio as possible. And No to GMOs. Conscious efforts with what we eat, our diet can change body, thats just my two cents in.

Also insulin resistance, diabetes, and obesity are all strongly correlated with PCOS. So has anyone thought that diet has something to do with it?
I read somewhere that eating buckwheat shows promising results for PCOS. And including fruit, vegetables and whole grains. Something that doctor might tell you bit it's not emphasized that much. I've been reading other people's stories on different blogs who had seen tremendous positive results by just switching from meat based diet to plant based one.

:flower:

I'm a vegetarian myself :thumbup: thanks for that little snip of information. xx

Hi All, i am a newby here and are not sure of all ur lingo so plz bare with me .............i am 25, married with a beautiful 4yr old boy blake and last year i found out i had pcos and then 3 months later found out i was 1 month pregnant just to loose identical girl triplets 4 weeks later , i decided not to let it get me down (even though it was quiet hard , i also lost my grandmother to ovarian cancer from pcos ) so dealing with every thing was very hard and now i am hoping to try again but have concerns i might fall preg with 3 again just to loose them , i got used to the idea of having a mutlible pregnancy due to there being 7 sets of twins on my husbands side and then 3 sets on mine and then to loose the triplets i just dont really know what to think :shrug: as much as i would love 3 the risks are quiet high , i would be very happy with multible birth infact any pregnancy would be great .......so my question is what are the chance of me falling preg to 3 again in my situation ?:shrug:

hi can i join in plz? i got told i had pcos when i was 17 and i was told i prob couldnt have kids. BUT i had my little girl 6 years ago. since then me and my hubby have been ttc for 3 years. Iv been going to the hospital for a year and all they keep sayin is i have to lose weight. But its been far to hard. i have the hospital this monday coming and in NOT looking forword to it at all because i know they will keep sayin its my weight. Iv had all my bloods done to see if im ovulation and its came bk iv not :-( i just dont know what to do next plus im bleeding for 2 monthes at a time with 4 days off then bleeding once again i just feel like eveything is against me :-(

hi tinaf1984, i have been told the same thing about loosing weight i know i am lumpy but i am not to oversize i am only size 14-16 and have been trying to loose weight for the past 2yrs but they say with pcos its really hard to get the weight off, my weight is like a spare tyre exactly where they say pcos sufferèrs normally keep their weight...... i have found that its too hard to loose it visually so i am bettering my eating and being more active (i swim 2times a week amongst being a mother of a 4yr old boy ) and have had my first non-medicated period in 3years , im not sure what is working but this is for me , also i had been on clomid for 5 months and they never saw me have any luck because i ovulate very early ...........last yr i had 3 scans for 1 trial no ovulation so my husband n i thought why not we can still be active in the bedroom all good ....then next month same thing no ovulation after 2 scans , i didnt feel right so i had a test and preg with 3(identical triplets) so i ovulate so early the doc missed it every time so make sure u stand up and tell them to try different dates they have an estmated time when most woman ovulate but not every one is in that bracket if i had known earlier i probably wont have lost the triplets one doc said because i would have been on stricket watch any how point of story only u know your body the best so try things which makes you comfertable my doc is saying he WONT treat me unless i loose 15 kilos i said have u ever been Fat! AH NO so u dont know how hard its for us woman who all we want is a baby Not to be told to run 15 miles a day so unless u can help me grrrrrrrrrrrr sorry Rant over this topic makes me angry i am so clucky and finally ready to ttc but simply cant , good luck honey glad i rant to some one in a simular situation cheers :loopy:Amy from Adelaide

What about "Cyst Sisters"

here's my story...

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 22 when my husband and I started TTC. Then when I was 25 we started again because now he's in the military and medical is almost free now for TTC. and after 13 months of metformin and clomid and an IUI we still haven't been able to get pregnant. and all that stress and meds caused me to gain 35lbs and a doctor told me that I couldn't get pregnant unless I lost a lot of weight. So I kinda gave up then. Now my husband has been gone for 6 months to Bahrain because of the Navy. Now I'm 27 and still have never been pregnant So that's my story. =p

Hi All,

I'm a 34 year old PCOS sufferer. For my job I work at a large aerospace company as a problem solver and I've been dedicating my training to solving my PCOS infertility!

As PCOS is such a wide-ranging mother****** (sorry, but it is) of a syndrome the following may not work for you. All I can do is tell you my symptoms and describe what I've done to combat them.
Firstly my symptoms - acute hirsutism. If I don't shave daily then I look like a bloke. For real. The only other physical symptoms are my thining hair and my inability to lose weight. I'm in the morbidly obese range and I'm 5' 8" tall.
I have cysts on my ovaries and the usual small chest size that seems to accompany PCOS.

So, what did I do?
Well, diet and exercise played a huge roll. It's taken a year, but I've lost 35lb. Mainly by swimming and going for the low GI diet.

Here's my logic in laymans terms, for those of you in my boat.

What causes hirsuitism?

The female body uses progesterone in every cycle after ovulation up to menstruation. This is created by the ovary; specifically the pit left by the egg.
If the egg is fertilised the ovary will sense the HCG produced by the egg and will make more progesterone to stop menstruation.
If the egg isn't fertilised the progesterone falls and menstruation starts...

If the ovary is affected by insulin resistance will it make enough progesterone?

Well, I don't think it can. My body produces progesterone by another method and the side affect of this is producing the hormones that make facial hair!

So therefore, my ovaries aren't working correctly. Probably not well enough to ovulate.

Why aren't they working?
Insulin resistance causes an imbalance of the hormones created by the ovaries. They are producing way too much of one and not enough of another.

So how to get them working?
Low-gi diet. Forget about eating a whole pizza or pasta dish. These foods will not help you get pregnant.
Instead, you need to turn to lean meats and vegetables. Brown rice, brown pasta.
You can have the odd slice of pizza, but it needs linking with protein.
Think of it like a balancing act. You need no more than 30g of carbs linked with 10-15g of protein for a meal.
Cut out all processed foods. It sounds boring, but it's not. If you get the right balance you will start to lose weight and your ovaries will ovulate.
You can go one step further and have a glass of water with two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar before a meal to reduce the carb/ insulin spike.

I'm pregnant (fingers crossed) for the second time. My first ended in a sad m/c two years ago and I think it was BECAUSE I stopped following the low GI diet. I was eating packets of gingernut biscuits as my MIL said they helped with my morning sickness. I started spotting, which turned into cramps and then the enevitable.
At the time, I didn't put my PCOS into the equation. I just thought my little bean didn't develop right. But what if it was - but my ovaries just couldn't produce enough progesterone to keep my body from menstruation?

That's all I've been thinking about for the last four days as this pregnancy is following in much the same as my first - I'm already spotting which is 'supposed to be common'. But I think I'm spotting when I DON'T follow the low GI diet.
EG - we had a party and I hoovered up all the doritos, potato salad and white bread I could find.
Result? Spotting within 8 hours.
Changed my diet back to low GI - spotting almost ceased. It's there, but not every hour, not all day and not cause for concern like my first pregnancy.

So ladies, if you have my symptoms, what harm will it do following my advice for a few months? I'd love to hear if it worked for you too.

Ello my lovelies ***waves***

Can i join you please???

I believe i've been a PCOS sufferer for many years but was only diagnosed last yr. I have to fully agree with Laughkay re: the dieting tips. Although my methos was not the LowGI diet, i used Cambridge (which i believe is based on the same science). I managed to shift from a BMI of 44 down to BMI of 37 in a couple of months. My physical description is that the same of Laughkay.
I can certainly vouch for these diets. One thing i will say is STEER CLEAR OF WEIGHT WATCHERS AND SLIMMING WORLD! The average person is only banked on losing 1lb per week/fortnight... so watch chance have us PCOSers got with those diets (and believe me i've tried them all).

Sorry to stomp in on your thread **blushes**... but as you can see by my post number <<<<<< i'm a newbie xx

:wave: welcome berkano

I have a question ladies: i have been spotting from 6th april - 5th may. It has stopped about 4pm every day. Is this related to pcos? Metformin? Or should i visit docs if it happens again?

I'm on my second week of Slimming World & I lost 3lbs in my first week!!! :-D got my second weigh-in tomorrow so fingers crossed.

I wouldn't rule out Slimming World just yet. Different diets work differently for everyone.
All down to personal preference & determination really. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->