PCOS Club!

Hi all, I'm new here and just need to unload. My husband and I have been TTC for over 4 years, 3 of those years we had no answers. 1 surgery, multiple tests and 3 doctors later we've finally been told I have PCOS. I don't have any of the regular signs and symptoms of PCOS, I have very regular periods, I'm not overweight, the only way they found out was with an US showing the cysts and blood work to confirm it. I've been put on metformin which makes me so sick, we've had 8 failed IUI attempts with femara and now I keep getting cysts. We're taking yet another break because of a large cyst. It seems like every time I go in I'm given more bad news. When we first started trying I was on clomid which gave me headaches and hot flashes so they started me on femara, but I can't help but think that the cysts are coming from the femara so I'm thinking of asking my RE to put me on clomid again and I"ll give it a try. I'm trying so hard to stay positive but it's hard. My husband and I have been married for 5 years so we've spent the majority of our married life with this battle, at what point do we say enough is enough? I know I'm not the only one struggling to keep the faith so any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to everyone for listening! I really just needed a place to get it all out.

stick with the metformin it makes me sick too every morning! i take it at night and it has helped. i get sick in the morning but am fine the majority of the day unless i eat something that really upsets my GI track. iv been ttc for a year and as well have PCOS. im taking my last dose of Fermara tonight im taking 7.5mg. iv done multiple rounds of clomid with no ovulation.

Thanks for the info. I was on clomid a couple years ago and I had headaches and hot flashes. I've never had a problem with not ovulating, this is why it took so long to be diagnosed with PCOS, I'm so regular you could set a clock by my cycles, I ovulate every month, right on time. Month after month, year after year I'd be told at my Dr. appts. that "everything looks perfect" which got very frustrating because something isn't perfect if we've been trying for 4 years with no luck at all so I was almost happy to hear about PCOS because it gave us something to work with but all the meds that come along with it are messing with my body. Has anyone else ever heard of Femara causing cysts? I'm almost ready to take back the headaches and hot flashes from clomid to get rid of the cysts that get so large they cause us to have to take a month off from IUI. When I was on clomid I'd always have 1-2 mature follicles and with femara I've been lucky to have 1 that just gets to where it needs to be in order for us to move forward with IUI.

I too got the Headaches and Hot Flashes with clomid. And yes i have heard of femera causing cysts cause my Fertility doc is monitoring me to make sure i do not form any. I am not having not hot flashes but i feel hot the majority of the time and my hands and feet have swelled on femara. oh well i know one of these days if i manage to get pregnant this will all be worth it. iv never had any follicles on clomid so i am hoping and praying that i get atleast one on femara

I'm new to BNB, is there anywhere I subscribe to this group, or do I just make comments? I just learned today I have PCOS & we are ttc.

Once you've commented, it goes to "User CP" and it shows up in there when somebody new has commented x

Has anyone been given Tamoxifen??

My doc says it is a breast cancer drug but also encourages ovulation....

So I started the Metformin last night, woke up with bathroom issues, and been going on all day...will it always be like this, or will it settle down once I'm use to the med? Sorry if it's tmi, but I don't think anything can be too much tmi on here :)

It should settle down after two weeks but I flare up if I eat carbs or sugar. Low car diet is best to lose weight and to avoid most of the metformin symptoms.
I am on 2000mg a day and take one pill at lunch and one pill right before I go to sleep. I have been on the meds for years and there is always a two week curve on it.
My last time I started a diet I had bathroom issues for two weeks even when I wasn't eating any sugar and very limited carbs. Its a *fun* side effect isn't it?

Hi johnson4, welcome!
On the met I had a bad stomach for about a week, was awful. Much like wantanerd if I eat too many carbs or sugar I get a bad tummy again, it's all about getting used to the meds!

GL hun

You poor thing. It does get a little better, you'll just have to play around with it for awhile. I had major problems when I 1st started, I was to take 1 pill for a week and then after that take 2, that was 5 mos. ago and I still can't take both of them because I get so sick. I've changed my diet and everything and it's just not working for me. I can handle 1 now and I've tried taking just 1 and a half but I still get sick. I also get really itchy from it, I'm not sure if I'm having an allergic reaction or what but I've had a lot of trouble with metformin. Good luck to you, I hope you have better luck than I've had with it. I just try to tell myself it's a small price to pay if this will end our 4 year battle with TTC. :)

do you take the metformin at the same time. I have found the best for me is noon and when I go to bed. I take mine at two different times, if I took them together I would be on my couch all day.

When I 1st started it was at the same time but I quickly realized I couldn't handle that so I split it up and still had issues so I was just taking the 1 I could handle because my RE said 1 is better than none and I just recently started trying to take a half a pill at lunch and a full at dinner but it's still not agreeing with me. I have to take it with food or it really messes me up. I get REALLY tired with them too so if I take one at lunch I'm ready for a nap and I'm sure my work wouldn't like finding me curled up napping. :)
I'm convinced metformin was made by the devil himself the way it makes us feel.

Try taking it right before you go to bed. It may help. Especially if you get sleepy on it.

Thanks! I'll try that tonight. It's been a battle to try and figure out a way I can still function while on this stuff so I'll try anything. :)

I'm on 750mg BID, I took it last night when I got home from work, around 1230am...then I waited til 1pm to take it today cus I was already having issues, I was afraid it would make it worse :( I don't eat many carbs and barely take in any unnecessary sugar, and normally been considered pretty healthy until my issues with fibroids started and have gastric issues too, and now this, ugh:( I know my pills say do not crush,chew,break in half, so thats not in issue for me :( Thanks for the help ladies, hopefully it gets better in a couple weeks :)

Good luck to ya doll, you'll just have to play around with it until you figure out what works for you. Bummer, I know. My stomach issues did get better, just not with the full dosage they want me on.

I am not a fan of meds, so hopefully I will just suck it up and get use to it :) If it continues to be a major issue I will let the doc know.... May I add I love how they are horse pills, I think doc forgot I get the chewable prenatal vitamins because I have problems swallowing the big pills, luckily with 2 glasses of water they have been working :)

Yeah, they aren't kidding around with those awful things. They're huge! The things we do for our kids :) I tell my hubby that when we do finally have a baby, after 4 years of TTC it better come out with a halo. :)

No kidding, potty trained and sleeping through the night....being able to make their own bottle will be a bonus too lol....WOW! 4 years of trying, lots of baby dust to you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->