PCOS Club!

Hi All

Courtw, aw bless you, i hope things settle down perhaps when your body gets used to it!! You'll be fine with the injections im sure, just think of that bouncing baby every time you have to do it :hugs:

Wantanerd, Yay well done, keep it up!! Thats really good news, got to catch that eggy now! Are you having IUI as well or just lots of :sex:??

MrS, hi there, you of course join us, wow thats a long time, it seems to have flown by now but at the time it feels like forever doesnt it. I see you are on a low GI diet, i really think it works, it certainly helped me ovulate the month i wasnt on the clomid! At least now you have a reason and something to work with, good luck with the HSG.

xxxx

My nurse calls our method the "homework" method since she hates the term intercourse. So its lots of bding over the next two days. =)

IUI will be coming up in July

Hi all,

I have PCOS and a heart shaped uterus. i'm going to my 3rd FS appointment tomorrow.

i was told at my last appointment to lose 2 stone. well i have lost a stone and a half already.

do you find it hard to lose weight too with PCOS?

i find i get to 13stone and thats it i can move any lower! the doctor said oh u have been 12 and half a year ago i was like humm no i dont think so i havent been that weight for years,

i'm hoping he will give the clomid he said he would give it me last time. I have also been told about Metformin how does this help with TTC and getting pregnant aswell as weight loss??

could someone help me

thanks becci xx

Metformin both helps with TTC and weight loss. Just do a low carb diet while you are on the meds or your side effects could be a lot worse.

Hello Ladies and the newbies :) I'm back from my relaxing vacation, I did stick with metformin 1x a day and it was soooo much better :) so we weren't ttc or preventing it and this whole week I've been nauseas and swollen boobies (BAD!!) I don't know if its from the car rides and being in 100 degree weather, I'm from Michigan and it's not that hot here yet....but I'm keeping my fingers crossed :) Hope all is well with you guys, and I've kept all of you in my thoughts this week, ttys...
Michelle

i have pcos i was finally diagnosed after having 2 stillborns 1 late miscarriage and several miscarriages i think i gave up counting in the end it took 7 years an a locum doctor tell diagnose me within 5 minutes although i still had to have the necessary tests to confirm but it did indeed confirm the diagnosis i had pcos.
I was mortified as they said the chances were very slim of carrying full term as i could get pregnant but couldnt stay pregnant but on the other hand i was relieved as i finally knew what was the problem was finally.
I was referred to the hospital and put on metformin which started to work within about 4 weeks where i started to have periods even though they were 6 weeks apart they were still there then i found i couldnt get pregnant at all let alone stay pregnant i got my appointment through for a hsg which i was dreading i managed to convince myself it was for the best to get it done and then i found out i was pregnant at long last.
I was told to keep my appointment so i could be scanned thinking i was only 6 weeks ish and had the dreaded 12 week part found at my scan i was 15 weeks woohoo i had internal scans all the way through an did have quite a few major bleeds where they though my baby was dying nd through a major miracle he held on till 38 weeks and is now a very healthy 4 year old.
We have been trying for another one but to no success yet so fingers crossed get there sometime soon.
Anyway there is hope for all fellow pcos sufferers you can get there just have hope and never give up :)

Hi all,

I have PCOS and a heart shaped uterus. i'm going to my 3rd FS appointment tomorrow.

i was told at my last appointment to lose 2 stone. well i have lost a stone and a half already.

do you find it hard to lose weight too with PCOS?

i find i get to 13stone and thats it i can move any lower! the doctor said oh u have been 12 and half a year ago i was like humm no i dont think so i havent been that weight for years,

i'm hoping he will give the clomid he said he would give it me last time. I have also been told about Metformin how does this help with TTC and getting pregnant aswell as weight loss??

could someone help me

thanks becci xx

the metformin works great to lose weight i was put on orlistat too but it was thanks to metformin i got pregnant and managed to stay pregnant

... just want to rant about something ...

I think I am one of those unlucky few whom, OPKs and CBFM do not work on. I've used CBFM for 6 cycles now and I've only gotten HIGH reading 2 cycles out of that. Started using OPKs last cycle and today is my CD14 and still nothing. I do take BBT every morning for 5 cycles now and it was only last cycle that I had a good chart. So with that said, I can't be sure of when is my Ovulation day!

However, hubby and I do :sex: every 2-3 days starting from CD 11 ...

Rant over and out.

I am like you, no opks or temping works for me. The way I know for sure if I am ovulating is if I get the HCG trigger shot and lots of ultrasounds before hand.

me to...wasted all that money on OPKs for months, waking up at dawn trying to get a temp chart to look right and nothing, CBFM and a persona monitor all never showed me anything. no highs ever on CBFM, and i was nearly always a "red" day with persona. maybe i can get some of this metformin and get skinny and preggo lol.

Hi All

Hi kellieg, im so sorry to hear of all your losses, you have been through so much but im so glad that you have your baby. Are you trying again now? Its good to hear success stories.

Hmmm, ive never tried the monitors, i do use OPKs though and i think they work on me although they are never as dark as they are supposed to be, i know they were right though as i temperature chart too. They are so expensive though, i bought some internet cheapies and now i know what im looking for I hope ill be able to use these ok.

Yellow, I cant remember whether you temp or not??

Johnson, glad you had a lovely holiday, hopefully it helped you to relax :slepp:

Becci, well done on losing that weight, surely they have to give you the clomid now?? How did your appointment go??

xxxx

me to...wasted all that money on OPKs for months, waking up at dawn trying to get a temp chart to look right and nothing, CBFM and a persona monitor all never showed me anything. no highs ever on CBFM, and i was nearly always a "red" day with persona. maybe i can get some of this metformin and get skinny and preggo lol.

It definitely helps, side effects are sketchy but you do lose weight and you do normalize a lot. It also helps once you get pregnant to reduce your risk of miscarriage in the first 12 weeks. It is supposed to have better results when you use it with Clomid or other fertility drugs as well.

It is a decent drug, you just have to deal with side effects. (It's also cheap! 9$ for a 90 day supply at Target. I got them on base but the pills were bigger and tasted weird so I just get my supply at target).

Yeah I agree with wantanerd. Metformin is alright... BUT it definitely does not help me to lose weight or curb my appetite like what the doc said it would. *boo*

Maybe I don't take high enough dosage. I am only on 850mg daily.

Clobo -- I do temp every morning and still no sign of ovulation yet (CD16).

Oh also I took soy isoflavones CD3-7.

Best of luck everyone!

I am on 2000mg a day. I lose weight if I diet and exercise regularly on it. I lost 50 pounds with only metformin, diet and exercise.

I lost 10lbs the 1st week on 1500mg, but it was from the unwanted side effects and I was afraid to eat...but I'm only taking 750mg for now and it seems better and I'm not that afraid to eat anymore I just pay attention to what I'm putting in....Good Luck :)

hi everyone just wanted to say hi i was told i had pcos in feb this year after 3 m/c's and told to lose weight so i have lost just over a stone i'm taking metfomin but the weight does not seem to be coming off now xx p

low carbs and a lot of exercise got me through the stubborn weight loss.

Hi everyone i will start with my story. my husband and i have been together for 8 years in october and we decided we wanted to start trying for a baby in 2006. I am from a family of 10 and he is from 6 and of course we thought it would be so simple but boy we were wrong. We tried everything for almost 4 years before i gave up and went to the doctors and discovered i had pcos. we tried fertile aid for us both, pre seed, having intercourse in position that most would think are crazy! and nothing. i have been on metformin to regulate my periods because i would start on either the 5th, 13th, or 25th of the month and they were never the same. i have 1 more month on metformin and then my dr said she will be putting me on clomid and run more tests on both of us. my period actually was regulated taking metformin until this month. i started on the 11th like normal but then i also started on the 22nd in may! (my ovulation time). me and the husband kept having intercourse through the spotting and i am just trying to see it as a good sign. these past few days my belly has felt really tight and i have woke up around 4ish feeling really nausous. has this happened to anyone else?

Welcome lyndarose :) My periods were all over the place too, was ur 2nd period a full blown period or just spotting?? Could it possibly be implantation bleeding? I've had the tightness and nauseas when I was pregnant with all 3 of my boys :) Good luck hun!!

had my HSG today. pretty uncomfortable but nothing unbearable and GOOD news! :D all anatomy is normal. i go in on friday and she is going to start me on a "pretty high" dose of metformin. i dont know what that means exactly, but i assume i will start to feel better! yay! she said "and something else to go with it" so i am guessing that means clomid or something like clomid. so glad my loud mouth husband spoke up and said that he was uncomfortable waiting until august to have another visit, my doc was unhappy with that as well and worked me in at 10 am this friday! :D so we will see how it goes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->