PCOS Club!

:witch: is here! I couldn't be happier! :happydance:

I asked a Chinese friend and she said it is believed that pineapple works as a washing detergent for the uterus! In the olden days, women would eat lots and lots of pineapple to abort their babies. BUT if you take pineapple when you are menstruating, you will get cramps and really heavy flow. My this friend eats pineapple whenever she is late (and sure that she isn't pregnant) and she swears that AF will show within 12 hours!

Though my temp dropped yesterday, it went back up today to above post-ov line. Plus I had pineapple orange smoothie yesterday. My friend said it has to be pineapple FRUIT. Took them during lunch :munch: and now here I am feeling the cramp and started to bleed about 30 mins ago.

I don't know if its a coincident but ... CLOBO , maybe you should give it a try?

Hiya

Court, aw chick, dont get down, try and keep your chin up and think positively, also DO something postitive too, that will make you feel so much better, why not look into alternative therapies, i wish i had earlier!! You'll get there :hugs:

Yellow, Yay, thats brilliant news, so whats the next step?? Do you have a link to your chart?? Thanks for the info on pineapple .... Im still bleeding a tiny bit and on the penicillin so think ill hold fire for now, once everything has stopped i will give it a go!!

Hope you all have a lovely sunny weekend, im going to forget all about my problems today and do some gardening in the sun xxx

Morning girls,

I haven't been here in ages! Clo, gardening in the sun? The best! I'd love to do that too..!

Court : clomid and everthing else did not work on me either, I was so down about this, the only thing that did work on me was chinese herbs, real herbs that you have to boil and simmer and acupuncure. They both helped me lots!
I would def recommend both to you.

Good luck!

I am thinking about doing acupuncture soon. The one bad thing about Tricare is they don't cover it so I will be out of pocket for the sessions. I do have a coupon to a woman in town who specializes in reproductive acupuncture and was even part of a national study showing how acupuncture combined with IVF resulted in more success. My Aunt has been telling me for years about some of her friends who swear by it and they credit it for helping them get credit.
But the image I have in my head is from Sex and the City when Charlotte who is desperate to have a child and goes and has acupuncture. Plus I hate needles but I am going to call and make an appointment. I should be ovulating by sometime next weekend and might as well see if it helps.

Hiya

Ha ha i forgot Charlotte had it, she was covered in them!! I had my first session last week and although im not terrified of needles i dont like them and ive got a phobia of having needles in the back of your hands, like when you have an operation!!

Anyway, i had two in each hand, one in each foot, ankle and lower leg and one between my eyes, you seriously dont feel them and they arent left in there too long. I think it would be worth you going just to see what its like, thats what i did and ive booked two more sessions!!

Let me know how you get on!!

xxxx

Hello Ladies, I haven't posted in a while....how's everyone doing??? I had to stop taking the Metformin for a while, the side effects were way too much for me to handle. I'm gonna start back up after my vacation, but only take it 1x a day then slowly up it :) DH and I decided we were goin to take a break from ttc until I do my 3month labs and make sure those pesky levels go down...hope ya'll are doing well and baby dust to all :)

Good for you for taking a break Johnson4. We've done that a few times in the last 4 years of TTC, it just gives you a sense of taking back part of yourself and feeling human again. I'm usually good for a few months of trying and failing IUI and then I just need to take a step back from all the appts. and needles and just feel like myself again. After 4 years, what's another month or so right?! When you try so hard for good news and all you get is bad news time and time again, there's only so much we can take so enjoy your time away. It's good for you!
We took a month off last month (granted, it wasn't my choice, I had a cyct that we needed to go away 1st) but I still took that time to just relax and not think about this and now tomorrow we have our 9th IUI attempt and I feel much better after taking some time away, you come back feeling refreshed and ready to go to battle again. :)

Thanks! 9th times a charm right?! :)
Really, this is only our 3rd attempt with metformin after finally being diagnosed with PCOS so all those other times before were just a waste of time and money. My hubby tries to remind me of that on my bad days of feeling sorry for myself but it still doesn't take away those 3.5 years of heartache.

I try to remind myself the same thing. I did clomid all last year but I was never monitored. So I am hoping this month when I am monitored, it will work.

Good luck!! It does help to be monitored so you know what's going on. I had an appt. last Friday to measure all the follicles I've got going and they weren't where they needed to be yet but he still said to give myself the trigger shot last night and IUI tomorrow so he must have been pretty confident they'd grow to where we needed them, but I'm curious to know...I guess we'll have to wait and see if any stick. After 4 years we're always cautiously optomistic.

I get my follicles measured tomorrow as well. I am hoping they cooperated. I am in the middle of an insurance screw up and I only have one more appointment covered for a few weeks so I need my follicles to have grown! We are going to start IUI in July so this is my last effort to conceive somewhat "naturally."

Good luck! Hope all goes well and you get some good news tomorrow.
We're still dealing with insurance and billing screw ups from Jan. So frustrating. I'm just glad I keep a close eye on everything because they've billed us stuff we've already paid for the past 3 months so we could have paid thousands more than we owe. No wonder so many people get into trouble with medical bills. What a mess!!

Ok ladies now I have a question for you guys....does metformin mess with your period? I had the oddest flow this month (warning about to get graphic) I started Tuesday and it was extremely light and like a fluorescent pink color, on Wednesday it did get darker, but not my usual flow color (but did have 1 or 2 small clots) but it wasn't that heavy, and on Thursday it was gone, just stopped that night..I normally flow for 5-7 days, I had nothing Fri-Sun.but today I noticed I had a couple light brown spots on pad, but nothing when I wipe....is this normal for metformin, it's def.not normal for me lol. Any help is appreciated :)

I know metformin regulates periods but mine vary from one cycle to another. I find if I have a heavier flow one cycle, then usually the next cycle will be light.

I have kinda had the same thing happen. I used to have a very heavy flow for about 3-5 days I'm kinda like wantanerd and I'll have a normal heavy cycle one month and the next it's hardly there. I'm not sure if it's the metformin or what, when going through this I feel like we're on so much crap that I can't keep up with what medication broke me this time. :)

I took the med for a week then I stopped it and wasn't sure if it was because of that?? Who knows, dumb pills and dumb side effects :(

Hi Ladies

Just checking in with a quick one as im at work today, although its going very slowly and im bored already!!

Sorry to hear that the metformin is messing with you guys, im sorry i cant help as ive never been on it. Hope to start my clomid again soon, I know that can cause a difference in period due to it tending to make your lining thin so i imagine other drugs can cause different side effects. Talk to your doctors, if they are anything like mine they are great when you ask the right questions but dont actually preempt them!

Good luck ladies xxxx

Talking about side effects...you girlies might be able to help me.

I started metformin back in March and everything seemed to be ok, I hadn't noticed them making any difference to me yet. I saw the gyno a few weeks ago & he said that it would probably take a while for the tablets to kick in and make a difference to me.
A few weeks ago, out of the blue, I had an upset stomach & I haven't been able to get rid of it as yet. I've only had about two times in 3/4 weeks where I've been ok. I got caught short at work yesterday so i had to run out & go home. Do you think this is the metformin or have I been taking metformin too long for it to cause this now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->