PCOS Club!

I am supposed to have HSG soon. So it is painful? I feel like my doctors aren't giving me the information I need about this procedure.

30 and trying-

this is my experience, everyones is different though so it just depends on you.

i took 10mg of valium 1 hour before the procedure to keep me and my tubes relaxed. went into a room that looked like an x ray room. was given a front and a back gown to wear and some booties ot keep my feet warm. undressed and crawled up on the table. they elevated my hips with a cushion and she used a speculum to clean everything with iodine to keep out infections. then she had me bear down and inserted the hook. a word of adivice here, DO NOT look this procedure up nor look at the instruments they use...it will only scare you into thinking it is super painful or something, and it really wasnt for me (my husband saw the instrument and was like :shock: thats the only reason i know this) she inserted catheter and then the dye, talking me through what she was doing and seeing, flipped me on my side and took more pictures, removed the catheter and hook from my cervix and had me lay on the table for 10 minutes to make sure i didnt have a reaction to the dye. had me change and gave me a sanitary pad..warned me that some women have grey matter that they lose afterward and it is totally normal, although i didnt have this either..and then showed me my organs on the screen and that they were perfect. i slept the rest of the day and had a little cramping upon insertion of the device and afterward but thats all. i was back to normal the next day. HTH :flower:

Kermy - PCOS can be very unpredictable. So although no, it's not normal to be 2 months late for your period, it's "normal" with PCOS.

From your signatue I see that you had a loss recently - Im really sorry :hugs: Are you waiting for thr first AF since then? Because they could have messed up your hormones too. I hope you get some answers on the 12th. Have to taken a HPT recently?

Hi ladies,

I had my appt. today. It went well. She's sending me to a FS to discuss the spotting, pcos and my miscarriage. She wouldn't prescribe any prog. as I was hoping but I get the feeling the FS will. FX. Unfortunately the appt. is not for another 5 weeks so looks like I'll be waiting awhile to get any answers. On a brighter note she said we can TTC right away.

Ladies, can I have a little bit of advice.....I had my last af on 1st may, then a day of spotting around 29th may and nothing since. Had loads of symptoms so thought I was pg but had a bfn on Sunday. Have loads of cm at the moment and today really wet cm (sorry tmi) a bit like ewcm....could my cycle just be really wacky and I'm ovulating or will be soon? I would use an opk but read they aren't reliable for people with pcos.

Kermy - PCOS can be very unpredictable. So although no, it's not normal to be 2 months late for your period, it's "normal" with PCOS.

From your signatue I see that you had a loss recently - Im really sorry :hugs: Are you waiting for thr first AF since then? Because they could have messed up your hormones too. I hope you get some answers on the 12th. Have to taken a HPT recently?

I feel a lot better now thanks. I havent had a visif from AF since i lost my baby. Part of me thinks this is nothing to be conserned about beccause of my loss but this is the first time this as happened to me so i have no idea what to expect.

What is a HPT?? Sorry to sound stupid!!

LOL i just figured that out, i feel like such a fool. lol

I am taking another test on friday but the last test i did was 2 weeks ago friday coming. Im not even sure if i feel pregnant, im having flutterings, really tired and weeing a lot but im not 100% sure that is not just nerves.

Roll on friday the 8th (POAS again) roll on the 12th FS appointment

Hi

Kermy, Im sorry for your loss .... id suggest that your two month long cycle is due to your body getting back to normal after your mc, i will have had a 70 day cycle after my mc. Good luck for your FS appointment, write down all your questions and take a notepad in with you, make sure you ask all the questions and note down the answers!! You could be pregnant but id say unlikely if tests are showing negative. Take care of yourself, have you looked into a low-GI diet if you are overweight?? It has really good results with us ladies with PCOS.

Wannab, Id give OPKs a go .... I have PCOS and I use them and they work ... the line never quite gets as dark as the control line but it deffo gets darker near ovulation, rather than waste loads of money look at this website if you are in the UK ... www.accessdiagnostics.co.uk and use the code "ADSUM" for 5% off ..... i bought the OPKs on here and they really worked for me!!

IslandGrl, thats brilliant news that they are referring you to the FS ... and to be honest 5 weeks isnt that long, i had to wait 13 weeks from referral!! That will go by in a flash!! Get :sex: in the meantime!!

Maria, how are you chick?? Still plodding on, you always seem so positive I really do hope that it happens for you soon :hugs:

xxx

AF just arrived. pretty gutted. im going to give the FS office a call tomorrow and see if we can start clomid early...seeing as they told me to call july 25th, but i will not have a new cycle until at least august where i can start the clomid if i dont go ahead and get it now. FX for good answers from them.

AF just arrived. pretty gutted. im going to give the FS office a call tomorrow and see if we can start clomid early...seeing as they told me to call july 25th, but i will not have a new cycle until at least august where i can start the clomid if i dont go ahead and get it now. FX for good answers from them.

Good luck hun, fingers x'ed :)

Aw Mrs Mabrey, so sorry the witch came, good idea on ringing about the clomid .... its a night mare waiting isnt it ... thats why im going to get a scan cd4/5 so i can start my clomid cd5-9! fingers crossed for both of us!!

:dust:

Well after a torturous 19 days, I got my trigger shot for the second round. I am hoping for better luck this round and I am more relaxed for this round as well. I know what to expect and hopefully having one of my friends in town for the next two weeks will help keep me busy.

Good luck Wantanerd! Are you doing IUI with this round? I just had my day 3 US this AM and I have another cyst but this one isn't as giant as the other one that took us out of commission for a month so they're letting us go ahead with lucky # 11 IUI. One more if this one doesn't work and then we'll discuss IVF and that scares me. Oh the joys of infertility!! :(

No we are trying the "homework" method this round again. I have been bding for the past three days and will continue to do for the next three days as well. Hopefully I catch the egg and it sticks =) GL on your IUI Dolphin!

no clomid for me this cycle as they made a mistake in my paperwork and dont have a consent form that they need to do it. :growlmad: my doc is on vacation until my next appointment so i cant just go in and sign it...she has to see me sign it. my appointment is august 1st...i will be 6DPO then. :(

Mrs MaBrEy - I'm really sorry the Dr messed it up. When you are dealing with struggles of ttc the last thing you need is for doctors to not know what they are doing. I'm sorry there's another month's wait - I really hope the time goes quickly for you! :thumbup:

Dolphin - good luck with IUI. Do they know why you are getting such huge cysts? Usually with PCOS you get lots of small ones...

Wantanerd - good luck! Welcome to the 2ww! It can be a torcher to just sit and wait for 14 days. I hope your friend's visit makes it a bit easier.

Clobo - when are you expecting the witch?

AFM - I'm 5DPO and no symptoms whatsoever! I know its very early though. I do have increased creamy cm and some random sharp pains in my boobs but I get that every cycle. I'm just glad I don't seem to have an urge to test this cycle - first time in nearly 2 years :haha:

Hiya

Maria, I had no symptoms the month I got my :bfp: untill i actually got it and then i noticed things i hadnt before!! Good luck lady!!

Mrs Mabrey, aw what a total pain, well i suppose at least you know that when you get your next appt and they prescribe the clomid you'll either be preggers from this cycle(!!) or will be able to start the clomid within a week or so!!

As for me, im expecting the witch in the next few days, hope she comes tomorrow then i can go for my scan for retained products monday or tuesday!!

Roll on the weekend xxxx

Maria, it's from the Femara that I'm getting these big leftover cysts. I do have the typical "ring of pearls" small cysts as well which they don't worry about but they're monitoring me each month for the other ones because I guess Clomid & Femara can cause cysts after continuous use and I've been on one or the other for the past 4 years. I don't have high hopes for these last 2 IUI's, mainly because after 4 years of TTC I don't have high hopes for anything expect another failed month. I broke down last night and told my hubby I'm done. Bless him for being the rock he is when I have my bad days! :)

Hello everyone,

I had a gyno appt last week & he put me on my first round on Clomid, I've had a weeks worth of tablets so only a week to go to see if anything happens! I'm pretty excited but at the same time I'm dreading that these tablets won't do anything for me at the moment & will have to go back to get a higher dosage etc. Has anyone had any good success stories while being on Provera/Clomid?

Also, what sort or diet shall I be following? What sort of things do you eat for a low G.I. diet? I love my food but I think now it's about time I really got my head down and worked on losing weight. I did start Slimming world and lost 6lbs in two weeks but then my birthday came around & we went away so things went off a bit track so I'm now trying to get back on track and give myself the best chance of getting a :bfp:

It's been over a year since I last had the :witch: so it's going to be weird if these tablets work to make me bleed...
I've just got to keep thinking positive :) I did feel a lot better after waiting the programme earlier on in the week about the Sextuplets, it did give me that extra bit of hope. Did anyone else watch it?

Sending you all some...
:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"