PCOS Club!

Clobo - any chance of a BFP rather than af? Or do you want to give your body a chance to recover fully :hugs:

Dolphin - when you take Femara, do they not give you regular scans to see how you are responsing? I thought that unlike Clomid they can regulate the dose of Femara and if they see that too many follies are growing too quickly, they will just reduce the dose :shrug: Also, do they give you a trigger shot before the IUI, to make sure the follicles burst and not turn into cysts?

Kubb - so are you taking provera now to induce a period? I took it after 4 months of no af. The witch arrived exactly 3 days after the last pill. I was so unprepared I didn't even have enough pads :haha:

I watched the Sextuplets program (is it the one where 2 of them don't make it?). I felt very emotional when they were talking about all the struggles. But the babies were soooo cute! They also didn't show that the Mum was getting any outside help - if she is indeed managing on her own, with an older 5year old I think she's amazing! And the Dad too of course :thumbup:

I have a day 3 scan and that's when they find the leftover cysts if there are any, the next scan isn't until day 10 to make sure I'm progressing. At the clinic we were at about a year ago they would also give me a scan after ovulation and take blood to make sure I ovulated, but this place doesn't do that. I do get the trigger shot as well. I asked them about the cysts and they said it's common so I try not to worry too much but I've been burned before by assuming that since the Drs. make the big bucks, they know what they're talking about so sometimes we have to take things into our own hands. :) At least the cyst I saw on the screen yesterday wasn't the size of a grapefruit like the other one I had. That one freaked me out.

Maria - Yes, I've had my first week of taking Provera. I really hope I ovulate with the Clomid. I've got all my fingers and toes crossed! Lol! I went out and brought pads straight away.

Yes! That's the programme. :) I was so happy that 4 of them managed to survive, the poor little things. I felt sorry for the two that didn't make it. I hope the 5 year old doesn't feel left out. It gives me the hope knowing that there is success out there :)

Hi there,

Well it looks like I do have PCOS. I went to the FS this morning since I got a cancellation appt.. Good thing as I'm off on vacation for the next 4 weeks. From my previous history and my blood work he confirmed what I have long suspected. When I'm back I'll have CD3 test, a HSG and my OH will have a SA. After that clomid will be my next step even though I have regular cycles (30-34 days with premenstrual spotting). I asked about prog. but he said that is used to maintain pregnancy and not achieve it. He said if I was younger (I'm 35) he would try that for a few months but he thinks I don't have time to waste. So he suggested clomid and then prog. to sustain pregnancy. Is this a good plan? Will clomid help someone if they ovulate fairly regularly? Will it do more harm? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

it really all depends on you. what it should do is make you ovulate stronger, but for some women it prevents ovulation...so it all depends on your body. as far as progesterone goes i have no idea, but someone will be able to tell you. :flower: good luck! FX for first cycle :bfp:

Hi there

Maria, no i DONT want a BFP this cycle, I have retained products and need that to come out first or its likely id have another mc :cry: cant believe im willing the witch to come!!

Kubb, hi chick, and Islandgrl, clomid does so much, strengthens your eggs, helps produce the right hormones, thickens your lining and helps implantation .... its maybe the reason i think I had a mc as my body maybe needs that extra bit of help and I fell pregnant on a non-clomid cycle. So even if you have regular periods then it can help loads!! Beware that it may alter your cycles and perhaps you may ovyulate later as the eggs are growing more mature ... i ovulated cd 18. i really hope they help you.

IslandGrl, glad you got an early appt, so now you have been diagnosed you can get on with fixing it, knowing what the problem is means you are halfway to solvin it!! Where are you going on holiday??

Ive been watching the Baby hospital programme, i dont know why i do it cos i ball my eyes out every time, so sad :hugs:

xxx

Hello ladies, I haven't posted much lately because there wasn't much new :( went to my OB today and he switched me to lower dose of metformin (500mg 2x bid) because my other dose was just too high for me and I never had any relief from the nasty side effects. Hopefully this dose is better, he wants me to stablize on metformin and if we don't get our bfp in 2 months he wants to add on clomid....I don't know much about clomid, any bad or good experiences with it? Does it have the side effects like metformin? Any info is much appreciated :)

@Clobo-hugs to you :(

Clobo - Thank you for that information, it's made me feel more positive. I'm on the lower dosage of Provera & Clomid at the moment. Your description of Clomid does make sense to why you could have mc'd, I'm really sorry it happened to you.

I watched the baby hospital programme too & had to keep going to the tissue box. Those poor babies. I can't help but watch baby programmes. :blush:

What sort of G.I food should I eat?

basically if you go low carb, low fat, and sugar free your good on the GI diet. thats the basic rule i follow.

and dont forget that natural sugar and artificial sugar count as "sugar" even if they are zero calories :flower:

Hiya

If you put in Low GI diet into Google there are loads of recipes and also lists of low GI foods, like normal potatoes you should steer clear of but new potatoes are low GI!! Its good to write down a big list of all the low GI foods and then its easy to make your meal plans!

Clomid can work wonders if it works for you, i think its uncommon that it doesnt work .... i didnt get any side effects apart from a few headaches, im on the lowest dose 50mg though ... also i have heard that if you take it at night you can sleep through any side effects!!

Exercise is really good as well, i always notice a difference when i go through a phase of exercising regards ovulation etc!!

Good luck ladies xxxx

Thanks for the advice/encouragement ladies!

Clobo - I'm going to Canada (to visit family and friends) to escape the heat. I live in Bermuda and it gets really hot and humid here during the summer months.

Hey hey everyone,

Just an update from me. Had my CD21 blood test a few weeks ago and my progesterone level was only 0.6! I actually had the blood test on CD24 because I knew I haven't ovulated based on my BBT chart. Anyway, my GP had finally referred me to FS and my 1st appointment is on 02 Aug. Also, had another ultrasound and the radiologist? said only small cysts. No big ones to worry about.

Hubby's SA came back and he said "in doctor's words -- not mine -- WELL ABOVE AVERAGE" :rofl: I don't really know if he added the WELL ABOVE! But I'm just really happy for him. :blush:

So that means the problem lies with me. or IN me.

Just finished my 2nd round of Soy. Took it last month CD3-7 and I didn't ovulate. Hopefully 2nd round lucky (CD5-9)? Somehow I am having breakouts which only happens during PMS and I'm only on CD11 today. I have been drinking green tea everyday and my CM is still ... almost non-existent. It is as though the more I want to have CM, the drier I have become. Is that even possible?!

For you ladies with excess hair, I read that drinking 2 cups of mint tea daily help reduce facial hair quite significantly.

dried up cm is a side effect of clomid and soy. use preseed while your taking it :flower:

Clobo, thank you for your concern.

Yes, a few years prob 2004/05 ago i did miss a couple of periods, and was sent for a scan, confirming small cysts on my ovaries. Also at that time I used to get acne, and was a litt;e over weight. The doctor told me she couldnt confirm I had pco, but showed signs of it.

However a good few years later, my periods are regular and have been since I first went, my hair growth has got considerably worse in all the wrong areas, over the past couple of years, and my hair is very fine with a thinning area on my crown.

At the beginning of the year, i had a few blood tests i think for diabetes, thyroid, and hormones, they all came back fine. I went back again, not happy with the hair problems, Im currently due to see a dermatologist next week, she said they would help she wasnt very helpful and showed no empathy towards me whatsoever. I'm not sure what a dermatologist can really do...

As for ttc we have only just recently started past couple of months, I had false hope mid cycle (got my hopes up it was implantation bleeding, reading further about it thought it may be ovulation bleeding), or though I never have had mid cycle spotting before. My cycle is normally about every 28 days give or take a day or 2, and today is day 28 so if it wasnt implantation bleeding or ovulation bleeding then my concern is what else could be wrong....

I'm just scared of what the future holds. x

I'm not sure

I went to see a dermatologist yesterday, he was really helpful, but today having time to think about things im feeling emotional and confused, and wishing I could have taken more in and asked more questions.

I do have mild/moderate hirsutism, and mild male pattern baldness :cry: which will get worse as I get older.

I'm being sent for lots of blood tests. He said there were tablets he could give me, but as i was TTC could cause problems with the baby if i fell pregnant - a mixed gender baby (a boy with girl parts) obviously I would never put a baby at risk.

Trying to take it all in, and not willing to give these tablets a go, im sure he said metformin? am i wrong, i thought this was to help women become pregnant? or would it have this effect women taking it with higher testosterone levels?

I dont know whether im coming or going at the moment, hard to take everything in, all I did last night was sit and cry.

Sorry for the rant, i just really need someone to talk to.

I'm sure i'm wrong about the metformin, but what other drug would it be that would help me but at the same time, harm an unborn child and cause this happening to a baby?

Metformin has been shown to lower the risk of miscarriage if you take it during the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. I have IR PCOS and will be taking it when I become pregnant.

Anyone on Metformin and find they have alot more CM?
I am 7 DPO and am getting ALOT of white lotion-like cm

Hi guys

I have pcos and been ttc for 2 years now. The past 2 weeks I've been feeling extremely nauseous and had a dull aching pain in ovary. I'm not pregnant as I've taken many tests. Iv also got headache. What could this be? Any ideas before I make a gyno appointment?

Many Thanks xx

Anyone on Metformin and find they have alot more CM?
I am 7 DPO and am getting ALOT of white lotion-like cm

More CM might be a good thing, I'm not an expert on Metformin, but I still haven't had any CM since being on the med :( If I'm still not showing progress or ovulating I will be on Clomid as well starting in 2 months.....best of luck to ya :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->