PCOS Club!

Yay + OPK buddies :) top is from this morning, middle 2 were last night (1 wasn't going fast enough lol) and bottom is from last Thursday (kept for a reference lol)

Attachments

• 20f80783139b__1311777904000.jpg
    20f80783139b__1311777904000.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 7
hi all,
so i posted earlier in the ttc forum about these weird bubble like feelings i've been having in my lower abdomen.
so i'm wondering if this is symptom of a cyst???
o and we've been ttc for 18 months.:cry:
thanks ladies!!
xx

I get those too, kinda thought it was gas or bloating, but never was cysts lol.. Hopefully you'll find a better answer :) Good luck

That is definitely a POSITIVE!!! Yay, go :sex: woman!! xxx

LOL Thanks!!! DH works mids, so normally only time we have is the mornings since I work 4-12am and when I get home, he's already gone.....but I'm sure I can convince him for another round in the am:) I'm just soo excited my body is actually going back to normal, if it doesn't happen this time I'll be ok as long as my body is going in the right direction :)

That is definitely a POSITIVE!!! Yay, go :sex: woman!! xxx

So we couldn't :sex: today since kids were awake and the chaos of the power outage due to the overnight storms :( but I did opk and it was very very ++++ will it be to late if we did the deed tomorrow??

Hiya

Johnson, They say that should try and do it the day after ovulation just in case as it takes 12-36 hours for the egg to release and descend so there is a chance you will still catch it!! It cant hurt!!

Im confused, FF says i ovulated before my +ve OPK and before the ewcm!! I think im actually only 1 or 2 dpo but ill leave for a while and see what happens in the next few days!! My ovaries ache!!

xxxx

Hi Ladies,

I am new to this forum. I was diagnosed with PCOS when i was 18, I am now 22. My husband and i were TTC, then it just got to stressful so we are taking a rest for a while. The Clomid makes me a total head case. Ha Ha.. However, I have been doing some reading and i am going to see a new dr bc i feel as if my current dr doesnt care. I am going to see about metformin. I do not think i am insulin resistant, But ive heard it works for people like me too. Has anyone had any success with metformin regulating their cycles? I will go months without mine. As of today i havent had one since Late Feb Early March. Please share any encouraging stories.

Hi Ladies,

I am new to this forum. I was diagnosed with PCOS when i was 18, I am now 22. My husband and i were TTC, then it just got to stressful so we are taking a rest for a while. The Clomid makes me a total head case. Ha Ha.. However, I have been doing some reading and i am going to see a new dr bc i feel as if my current dr doesnt care. I am going to see about metformin. I do not think i am insulin resistant, But ive heard it works for people like me too. Has anyone had any success with metformin regulating their cycles? I will go months without mine. As of today i havent had one since Late Feb Early March. Please share any encouraging stories.

I would also like to know about this.. :thumbup:

Hiya

Johnson, They say that should try and do it the day after ovulation just in case as it takes 12-36 hours for the egg to release and descend so there is a chance you will still catch it!! It cant hurt!!

Im confused, FF says i ovulated before my +ve OPK and before the ewcm!! I think im actually only 1 or 2 dpo but ill leave for a while and see what happens in the next few days!! My ovaries ache!!

xxxx

Thanks...I opk'd again today it's still +, is that normal? But I still haven't got any ewcm, is this also ok? I told my doc last time I never had any ewcm and he didn't seem like that would be a problem...and I'm sorry I have no clue about FF, I never used them :( but I think I would go by the opk instead of the chart...fingers x'd this is your month.....omg my ovaries have been killing me too, and my lower back I thought it was my fibroids again :( we shall see in 2 weeks lol

Hi Ladies,

I found out in May I had PCOS and he started me off at 1500mg a day in Metformin, which was too high of a dose for me (the side effects sucks) but my cycles started to get better, went from 42 days, to 32 day, then 28 days, but last month he lowered my dose to 1000mg and I actually started ovulating....have they tried any other med to jump start your period? I tried provera(?) but that didn't work for me, but has worked for others....good luck

Hiya

Ive read loads about OPKs not always working for women with PCOS, not quite sure why but perhaps it may have something to do with the fact that you are getting a lot of +ve OPKs, although it could be that you have a long surge! Either way keep going with the :sex: untill you are sure that you ovulated and then you wont have missed it!!

Erika and Ann, im really sorry i have no experience of metformin, good luck with your new doctor though Erika, hopefully they will take a fresh approach with you. :hugs:

xxx

Hiya

Ive read loads about OPKs not always working for women with PCOS, not quite sure why but perhaps it may have something to do with the fact that you are getting a lot of +ve OPKs, although it could be that you have a long surge! Either way keep going with the :sex: untill you are sure that you ovulated and then you wont have missed it!!

Erika and Ann, im really sorry i have no experience of metformin, good luck with your new doctor though Erika, hopefully they will take a fresh approach with you. :hugs:

xxx

I never had +'s til this month and my doctor told me that was the best way to check, so who knows lol....maybe he got sick of hearing about my cervical positions:rofl:, I so wish it was as easy with my first 3 kids, when we were preventing not trying lol

Hi Ladies,

I found out in May I had PCOS and he started me off at 1500mg a day in Metformin, which was too high of a dose for me (the side effects sucks) but my cycles started to get better, went from 42 days, to 32 day, then 28 days, but last month he lowered my dose to 1000mg and I actually started ovulating....have they tried any other med to jump start your period? I tried provera(?) but that didn't work for me, but has worked for others....good luck

I have taken provera so many times all it does is bring AF then im back to waiting months for her to come back.

Hi Ladies.

10 dpo today and I think I see a v v f line and hopefully not an evap. I tried to catch a pic on the way out the door this morning, but nothing is showing. Is it even possible to get a line at 10 dpo on a wondfo stick?? I'm trying not to get my hopes up. =( I can't get over this bloated feeling in my abdomen and today had weird little knives stabbing me from the inside. Thoughts?

Baby dust!

Hi everyone, just wanted to to come over to the PCOS group and see how its all going over here. Im loving that theres quite alot of people who have had children or are expecting even if it has been a while trying, it gives me hope for the future.
Just to let you know a little about me I am a newbie to this site, im 21 and my fiance is 23, I got diagnosed with PCOS April 2011 but found out that that was the reason I had been suffering for about the past 10 years (pretty much since i started my periods).
This our first month of trying so we're still going 'au natural' but I knew it wouldnt happen so soon anyway, I havent had AF this month and am now a week late but got blood results from the doc yesterday and have very low iron stores so no luck this month and im just waiting for the witch so i can get my dates sorted again.
So thats all for me for now fx and lots and lots of baby dust to everyone xxx

Hiya

xxx

Thanks, I will let you know how it goes. AF came over the weekend and i am in so much pain. Can hardly bare it. Hopefully something gives and this metformin works for me. Id love to just be normal and have a normal cycle. This every 4-6 months is just to painful!

Do I have PCOS?

Here's my day 3 bloodwork:

LH level: 7.5
FSH: 5.6
Prolactin: 509
Testosterone: 2.6 nmol/L
Free Testosterone: 30 pmol/L
SHBG: 65 nmol/L
Free Androgen Index: 40

I wanted to cry!!!! :cry: Already CD15 and no sign of O!
Took Soy from CD 5-9... I'm stumped.. Help me please. I used to O like clockwork before with plentiful fertile CM, now even with EPO 3000mg/day, I have yet to see a drop of EW down there. HELP!!!

Do I have PCOS or am I just nearing the age of 30 and my hormones are playing a trick on my body!! Please help!!!!

Hi Ladies,

Hi Erika, I'm new here too. I too was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 18. Doctor put me on Yasmin as at time I wasn't ready to start having kids. Now I'm 27 and me and dh have been TTC. I haven't had a period since March 2010 when I came off Yasmin. Doctor said to give it a few months for my body to get used to being off BCP. But my cycle just never came... Since then I've been passed around from doctor to doctor and had test after test until finally I've been prescribed Provera, Metformin and Clomid. I've just finished taking my last Provera pill so I'm waiting for AF. I did start taking Metformin but I was finding the side effects so uncomfortable. I've promised myself I'll knuckle down and start taking them again as of this week. I've heard some pretty encouraging stories about Metformin so it could def be worth a try.. xxx

I am really hoping someone can help me. I just been told my next appointment with my fs is on the 1st of december. I had a salpingostomy and ovarian drilling on the 25th of july. So i am unable to ask my fs anything untill november, so i have turned to you ladies. My question is symptom related. Even though i have PCOS after the ovarian drilling things have changed a little. I have not had to deal my unwanted facial hair now for the first time in god knows how many years and i feel like a REAL woman for the first time in years. I am hoping that my periods will come regular when i have finished healing. I am just wondering dos the overian drilling change ur hormones in anyway or am i just over thinking the little things???

Lermy - there's a thread on Ovarian Drilling in the success stories of this forum. But in short, yes the OD does reduce the levels of your testosterone drastically and within days.

I am very fair so when I was on the pill and my hormones were normal I hardly had any hair only legs. Then when I stopped the pill almost 2 years ago I suddenly started getting lots of it :wacko: not being used to it I was very shocked. Plus I had acne! Lots of horrible sore painful acne :nope:All over my face and back.
Then it's now been 5 months since the OD my hair on the legs has almost disappeared and skin in visibly clearer! I'm still not pg but I'm certainly hopeful :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->