PCOS Club!

Metformin helped me regulate my cycles also, been dead on 35 days, until this cycle.

I was part of this thread a while back and am re-joining.

We've been ttc 22/23 months now, i was diagnosed with pcos in feb and have been on met ever since hoping for the :bfp: soon

ask your dr for provera or prometrium they help start your cycle. Also Metformin helped regulate my periods

Just want to ask a Q. Do you think im too young to go on the pill . im 14 and have never talked too anyone about it?:winkwink:

I resisted going on the pill when I was younger and stuck to metformin for PCOS. If your periods are horrible when you get them or if you want to regulate them, then start talking to your parents. My mom wanted on the pill years before I finally went on it as a precautin incase I started being sexually active. But I knew i wasn't going to have sex until I was much older. I went off the pill b/c I hated it and went on it again when I met my husband b/c then I knew I would need it.

ask your dr for provera or prometrium they help start your cycle. Also Metformin helped regulate my periods

Just want to ask a Q. Do you think im too young to go on the pill . im 14 and have never talked too anyone about it?:winkwink:

My doctor recommended this when I was younger to regulate my periods. I didn't want to. I did finally go on the pill when I was 33 and met the love of my life, and if there is one thing I could go back and do differently, I'd never have gone on the pill. My advice is to see a doctor and fix the underlying problems that come with pcos. I wish my doctor had known/mentioned them to me when I was your age! It could have meant that I would happily be pregnant instead of waiting for my body to get back in whack.

I waited until I was 33 to actually have a need for the pill and I'm so glad I did, but if you choose to do differently, I'd still recommend going the 'hard' route and using other protection.

Metformin doesn't help everyone to regulate cycles. Provera is synthetic progesterone and can have more severe side effects than combined BCP. Sometimes the pill is the only thing that can keep PCOS symptoms AND one's sanity in check.

I went on the Pill when I was 17 - still a couple of years before i started being sexually active.
I suffered from horrendous acne and extra weight. But I did have relatively regular cycles (no longer than 35 days).

The Pill cleared all that up within 6 months.

BUT...When it was time to TTC I came off the Pill at 27 and went through the worst 2 years of my life :nope: My acne came back with a vengeance, I put the weight back on and my periods disappeared...completely.

So in hindsight - would I ever have gone on the Pill if I knew what effetcs that would have on my body later in life - no, I don't think so.

I would choose condoms over the Pill espercially at a young age (when you don't have a permanent partner) when protection from STD's are as important as not getting pregnant.

I went on the Pill when I was 17 - still a couple of years before i started being sexually active.
I suffered from horrendous acne and extra weight. But I did have relatively regular cycles (no longer than 35 days).

The Pill cleared all that up within 6 months.

BUT...When it was time to TTC I came off the Pill at 27 and went through the worst 2 years of my life :nope: My acne came back with a vengeance, I put the weight back on and my periods disappeared...completely.

So in hindsight - would I ever have gone on the Pill if I knew what effetcs that would have on my body later in life - no, I don't think so.

I would choose condoms over the Pill espercially at a young age (when you don't have a permanent partner) when protection from STD's are as important as not getting pregnant.
This would be the first month i missed my period and i have my period over 3 years and never missed one and after seeong your comment i dont think i will ever think about going on the pill. saying that i never really wanted too go on the pill because of the side effects.

Maria!!!! I just saw your ticker in another thread. Wanted to give you a big CONGRATS!! I'm so happy for you!! :hugs:

I am brand new to this site so please bare with me. My DH and I are TTC and I recently have been given Provera and Clomid. I have had PCOS for over 10 years. Needless to say I don't have a regular AF. I finished my Provera and yesterday started the Clomid for days 3-7. I am nervous and excited.I don't know what to expect and have learned to not get my hopes up too much. I was wondering if there is anyone else in this situation. And those of you who have been in a similar situation, how sucessful were you with Clomid? Any wisdom you can shed on this subject is greatly appreciated!
:flower:

Unfortunately I don't have any experiences with Clomid that I can share. If this cycle doesn't turn out, then I'll be starting my first round of Clomid next cycle. Good luck! I hope it brings your bfp!

I'm cross posting this in a lot of areas, but I'm pretty excited for the possibilities!

Ok now I'm really symptom spotting! I just went to the bathroom and when I glanced at my wipe, there was a tiny bit of bright red spotting! With that dip and raise in temp, I'm having a hard time NOT thinking that it could be implantation! Oooooohhhh I hope so! The timing would be right from what I can read. Please please please please let this be implantation!

Fingers crossed for you! I had a lot of spotting from dark brown to bright red starting at 8DPO to about 11DPO. I got a faint BFP on 9DPO. How many DPO are you?

Well ladies I have finally be diagnosed with PCOS after over a decade of telling people that something isn't right. I have had numerous scans both on the NHS and privately but it was only after the penultimate scan that the sonographer told me that I had borderline PCOS ovaries. Had ANOTHER lot of blood tests which came back as LH double my FSH pre ovulation and went privately to a IVF clinic and the consultant told me it's definitely PCOS. Now I have to wait for my period to come so that I can have my hysterosalpingogram done after finishing that and to discuss fertility treatment. What's so frustrating is my hubby and I have wasted the last 6 years (14 months of ttc) when a clinician could have told me earlier, I now have to wait until January before we can start treatment at the earliest.
I haven't stopped crying since Friday morning and feel like I am being punished. I have wanted children since I was one. I really hope the next year is a successful one but it's going to be a difficult one. The only thing that is keeping me going is your success stories ladies.

Norah - first of all *hugs* It wasn't easy for me to find out that I had a problem, especially one that effected so many parts of my life! But I have to say that after I had a good cry, I realized there were a bunch of silver linings to that black cloud. I now know that I am insulin resistant and I can work to keep myself from slumping into diabetes. I now know WHY I have hair growing on my face and chest. I know why I had trouble losing weight, and I know why I'm having trouble conceiving. I'd so much rather have a problem that I can work on to fix then to be sitting blindly wondering what was wrong that I wasn't conceiving ya know?

2nd of all. Don't wait! Start now to change your diet. Work on cutting out processed sugars/carbs. I've found a low GI diet is great for that and I've found foods that I really like! Regardless of whether you are overweight or not, my experience and what I've read gives a great indication that changing your diet can help regulate your hormones and get you back on track.

3rd of all, I'm totally with you on wishing I'd known sooner. It sucks that I had to find out now when I'm 36 and have a loudly ticking biological clock. We noted to several doctors for many years when I was younger, that I had irregular periods and was told each time that the only thing they could suggest was going on bc to regulate my period. They never once suggested that it could be caused by a different problem that could have greater effects on my overall well being later in life. Unfortunately that wasn't the case, and I found out now. I have to believe that there was a reason why, like that maybe the insulin resistance wouldn't have been a factor back then and that by finding out then, I'd end up with diabetes later because I wasn't watching that as closely as I will be now.

*hugs* Chin up! The world's not ending... it's just given us a harder path that will make our precious bundle just that much more special to us when we finally do conceive.

Norah you sound similar to me. I have been under NHS gynae and fertility consultants for over 2 years and they have only just diagnosed me with PCOS. So frustrating.

Dodger has provided you with lots of tips.

I felt alot better knowing, it gave me an excuse for my weight troubles, that I wasnt making it up that I found it so hard to lose and maintain.

xxx

Fingers crossed for you! I had a lot of spotting from dark brown to bright red starting at 8DPO to about 11DPO. I got a faint BFP on 9DPO. How many DPO are you?

Somehow I totally missed your question yesterday! I was at 9dpo yesterday, but today with my temp raising up quite a bit, FF moved my O day and is saying today is 9dpo. lol I had about 2-3 wipes that had spotting on them in the morning and then nothing since then. But I'm hoping for great things when I test! I hope I can follow in your footsteps!!

Am I a glutten for punishment for being excited and intrigued to see what my next few temps cause FF to say? lol

Hey im gaining a lot of weight and my doctor says its nomrol for girls my age to put on weight.But i suffer with overy cist. And i dont know what to do ?

i was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 19 ... strangely im now 32 and Ive had a overall check up to find out how bad stuff is going coz i really want to get pregnant... apparently my scan doesnt show pcos and my ovaries look normal and my bloods are also normal and dont look pcos .... fingers crossed I get pregnant .. they have given me metformin tabs to try to loose weight and my cycles are currently every 32 to 33 days ... how strange that i seem to have lost some of my pcos signs

Hello everyone.
I am struggling! I was recently diagnosed with PCOS after TTC for 1 year and with no luck.
Although I have PCOS my cycles have always been regular. NO more than 35 days. Since I went to the doctor I have had 2 completely strange cycles. (And she didn't do anything to me). Currently I am on "stand by". I have not had a period since 14 of Sept. I am waiting for my period so I can start the first round of Clomid.
I am not pregnant, I just took a blood test which was neg. This is completely strange for me, and I am trying not to stress too much as this could cause even more of a delay.
I have contacted my doctor, and have an appointment on the 5th of Dec.
I have also heard that with PCOS women, HCG rises very slowly. Women have not gotten a BFP until after 6th week. Any thoughts???

Hello all,not for sure if Iam in the right place,but I need some suggestions on where to go from here! I have been diagnosed with PCOS for about 10 years now,and NEVER have a regular cycle. About 6 months ago my gyno prescriped me provera and clomid 50 mg and obviously did not work. Every month I would have to start with provera again and then do a higher dosage of clomid.Needless to say the last 3 months I have been on 150 mg. My gyno is referring me to a RE. Just curious what is the next steps that they will suggest for me,what tests should i expect to have done? Totally lost (and bummed). Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->