PCOS Club!

Thanks Clo I hope so too, as you probably feel yourself, we've waited long enough now. :(

xxx

4Magpies: Thanku Hun...Whats a HSG?? How did u find the Lap and Dye??

Clobo: Sorry to hear about ur MC :( on a positive it shows u CAN get preggie!
How u feelin this month...Any symptoms?

I had another Bloodtest 2day as my CD 21 showed no Ov xx

I had a scan last week and they say I am deffo PCOS, now I just have to wait for my next FS appointment next month. Did they just put you straight onto clomid?

Do any of you have metaformin aswell?

I'm dubious that I will ever get pregnant naturally due to my tubal issues.

CandiFloss; I have had 3 laps, 2 of them Lap and Dyes so if you want to know anything let me know. Take it you've had a HSG?

xxx

I started off with Metformin in May, the dose was too high for me, but it did get my cycles regular, they did lower my dose and my cycle is still regular, last month added 50mg Clomid had no success, I just finished my 100mg cycle so fingers x'd. I don't know if you had Metformin yet but the side effects aren't that pleasant but if you avoid or lower your carb intake it does get better....Good luck :)

I just started Metformin last week. UG!!! I am on 500 mg XR and have been feeling crappy. Not as bad though as when I was on the regular version. I hope to double my dose here in the next week. :)

I'm on a low carb diet anyway, as I have lost 4st on my own! It's the only thing that works for me.

Thanks for the info girls.

CandiFloss; a HSG is an xray with dye to check your tubes, they usually do this before a lap & dye as it is less invasive. L&D is the only way to check for endo though if they suspect you have that? But I'd ask for a HSG first.

The L&D's weren't so bad, only issue I had was my belly button cut getting infected every time and the gas pains are uncomfortable but nothing you cant deal with IYGWIM? 1st one I was off work for just 4 days, 2nd one 5 days and the 3rd lap was to remove my ectopic I was off for 3 weeks, but that was more due to the mental recovery.

If there is anything else you want to know just ask.

xxx

Hiya all

Thanks Becca, you really have been through it havent you chick, im praying that they get you fasttracked and help you I really do :dust:

Candi, thanks chick, it does slightly help that i know i can get pregnant but its such a hideous thing to go through it creates all sorts of other worries .... im not symptom spotting, ive done that before, had all the symptoms in the book and then had BFN ... the trouble is that its the progesterone that causes the early symptoms and you get that whether you are pregnant or not .... our bodies are evil!!!! Good luck for your blood test results chick.

Johnson, good luck with the new clomid dose, i really hope that it worked, very good news that your cycles are now regular, just need those eggys to grown nice and strong and you'll be well away!

Iluv, good luck my with it all, i see you are starting IVF in November, really hope it all goes smoothly for you chick :dust:

xxxx

Clo I was reading something last night and I saw something about how PCOS puts you more at risk to early MC, I dunno about the hows or whys. Just as I was glancing through something last night.

It does make me worry I will get pregnant and have another MC after it taking so long again. :(

xxx

Hey Becca

Hmmm, yes i have read conflicting things about that, i think its more the problems that PCOS causes that then can lead to a mc .... like having low progesterone can cause thin lining and lower the liklihood of implantation .... or long cycles mean the eggs can be past their best when you ovulate and so can cause them to be unviable even if they do manage to "mate" with a sperm and implant.

Hopefully the clomid will help with some of those problems!!

Try not to worry, dont look too far into the future, i was told that recently that I should focus on today and not worry about what tomorrow might bring and i think its that that is making me less stressed and more relaxed this cycle.

Big hugs :hugs: xxx

Hiya all

Thanks Becca, you really have been through it havent you chick, im praying that they get you fasttracked and help you I really do :dust:

Candi, thanks chick, it does slightly help that i know i can get pregnant but its such a hideous thing to go through it creates all sorts of other worries .... im not symptom spotting, ive done that before, had all the symptoms in the book and then had BFN ... the trouble is that its the progesterone that causes the early symptoms and you get that whether you are pregnant or not .... our bodies are evil!!!! Good luck for your blood test results chick.

Johnson, good luck with the new clomid dose, i really hope that it worked, very good news that your cycles are now regular, just need those eggys to grown nice and strong and you'll be well away!

Iluv, good luck my with it all, i see you are starting IVF in November, really hope it all goes smoothly for you chick :dust:

xxxx

Thank you! We have no other choice with dh's issues and how I respond to the meds. It got me my son so hopefully it works again! :thumbup:

Question - has anyone ever had a cd3 scan? I was wondering if I have so many follicles because of pcos. I had 18 on my left and 11 on my right.

Hi,

I'm new to the site, my doc has just told me I have pcos. Will be seeing an fs as soon as I can get an appointment. Just wondering what normal protocol is after all blood tests are done, will they want to do a HSG before prescribing any medication and how long does it normally take to get to the point where the docs will medicate? We have a window of 6 months before partner goes away for a while so feeling a little panicky!

Thank you for any replies!

Question - has anyone ever had a cd3 scan? I was wondering if I have so many follicles because of pcos. I had 18 on my left and 11 on my right.

Like an on your period scan?? I got them before any cycle begins. They want to make sure I don't have any cysts. It is impossible to count all the mini follies on each ovary though. PCOS sucks!!! :cry:

Hi Miski

Sorry to hear that you too have this flamin thing ... however its not as bad as it seems and so many women still get pregnant with just a little help!!

Are you in the UK? If so then i think what usually happens is that several initial tests are done, usually before you see your FS, such as a sperm analysis to check out your partner as well, blood tests etc. How long have you been trying?? Do you have regular cycles and ovulate?? All these things will determine what they do but the first point of call is usually clomid ( to help you ovulate and improve hormone levels etc) and/or metformin (usually of you need to lose some weight or have other hormonal problems).

Also dont give yourself a time limit, i know its hard if your partner is going away but the stress of it will not help you one bit. Just focus on individual things as they happen, like getting an appointment first.

Good luck chick xxx

Like an on your period scan?? I got them before any cycle begins. They want to make sure I don't have any cysts. It is impossible to count all the mini follies on each ovary though. PCOS sucks!!! :cry:

Yep, they're monitoring me for Clomid so I had the CD 3 scan. They had to count my follicles and make sure I had no cysts.

Hi Miski

Sorry to hear that you too have this flamin thing ... however its not as bad as it seems and so many women still get pregnant with just a little help!!

Are you in the UK? If so then i think what usually happens is that several initial tests are done, usually before you see your FS, such as a sperm analysis to check out your partner as well, blood tests etc. How long have you been trying?? Do you have regular cycles and ovulate?? All these things will determine what they do but the first point of call is usually clomid ( to help you ovulate and improve hormone levels etc) and/or metformin (usually of you need to lose some weight or have other hormonal problems).

Also dont give yourself a time limit, i know its hard if your partner is going away but the stress of it will not help you one bit. Just focus on individual things as they happen, like getting an appointment first.

Good luck chick xxx

Thank you for replying! Had a scan which showed multiple cysts, blood tests - need my day 1-3 done as doc did tests at wrong time then told me not worry about having it done until I had seen fs, then the fs said I did need it done at the right time by which time I had missed that window and now have to wait until day 1-3 comes back round! My partner is fine, had tests and all is normal there! Trying to be calm, just try not think about it as find myself becoming v wound up if I do.

I have never been overweight so don't think I have that symptom. My cycles are v irregular - range from 5 weeks to 3 months but it appears I do ovulate from last progesterone test.

I have an appointment through for Dec so hopefully things will get moving. Thank you for your advice, nice to know I'm not the only one as seems as if everyone around me is pregnant!!

Hi Miski

Oh god do i know that feeling, earlier in the year I had 7 friends all pregnant at the same time!! Im so happy for them but just reminds me of my troubles and what i havent got.

Yes really try to be calm, think of something good in your life every time that you start to feel down and focus on whats happening today rather than worry about the future. I think clomid will be one possibility then as it should bring forward your ovulation and make those eggys and hormones nice and strong!!

Good luck chick :dust: xxx

I was just told that I have pcos but I knew that I had it for years. I will be given my first round of clomid once my blood pregnancy test comes back negative. So excited! I haven't ovulated at all yet (maybe ever...) and really hope this is what we need to make it all happen

Hello ladies, just after a bit of support and advise realy, I am 23, I have pcos and after ttc for about a year I had a miscarriage, well since then I didn't have a af for ages so when I eventually forsed it back with herbs popay juice ect I have been ttc again with no sucess :( anyway my do did blood tests that came back normal and he is sending me for a scan, just wondering how long about it will take after my scan for the doc to put me on clomid to help me ovulate?? All advise will be appreciated, thank you xx

Hi Miski

Oh god do i know that feeling, earlier in the year I had 7 friends all pregnant at the same time!! Im so happy for them but just reminds me of my troubles and what i havent got.

Yes really try to be calm, think of something good in your life every time that you start to feel down and focus on whats happening today rather than worry about the future. I think clomid will be one possibility then as it should bring forward your ovulation and make those eggys and hormones nice and strong!!

Good luck chick :dust: xxx

Thank you! Sending you lots of good luck also xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"