PCOS Club!

hi girlies!

I got diagnosed with pcos last month after 2yrs+ of ttc numero 2! i had an ectopic whilst on clomid in dec last yr and lost my right tube and a chemical last month. After the chemical i was sent for a scan and the sonographer said my ovaries were really bulky and covered in little cysts. Ive had an HSG on my remaining tube like 2 months ago but still waiting the results! got gyny appointment on the 13th so heres hoping!!

Do you all have symptoms of PCOS? I dont seem to have any other than no ovulation :(

Hi emily

I was diagnosed with pcos and my ovaries are bulky. I have regular cycles but not sure yet whether I ovulate, waiting for an accurate result! I have excess hair and am overweight which I struggle to lose.

Sorry for your losses and I hope you get your bfp real soon Hun xxx

helloo!

I too have regular cycles but they are 38 days+. Im not overweight have a BMI if around 23 but i struggle to keep weight off and get a really big 6months pregnant looking belly later on in my cycle could that be the pcos??

Not sure emily re the bump. Difficulty losing weight is definately a symptom of it and the best diet for us is low gi. X

oooo low gi!!

Well its good to know that theres PCOS sufferes here (in the nicest possible way lol :flower:) xxxx

Yeah there are plenty of us around lol!

Gi is good as it balances the blood sugars so you don't get your sugars going up and dienlike a rollercoaster!

I would call your gynae btw about your results x

:dohh: just read it again and you have your appt soon anyway!

I heard anything over 10 was poss ov and anything over 25-30 was guaranteed ov, so i would be quite pos about it, i never got anything over 0.1. stupidly low! even when on clomid. :cry:

I have signs of pcos, very irregular af, hairy chin :blush: i am finally my ideal weight but it was hard and if i even so much as look at cake i gain 3lb.

Can I join in please?

I was told that I had PCOS and the FS put me on metformin : (((( and told me to come back once I had got my BMI under 35 : ((((((

Gem

I have PCOS, no ov, no af, and a BMI of 17 - my FS said its harder for underweight pcos suffers to conceive than it is for overweight sufferers :(

:blush: its what DH used to call me, he has now taken to the name squidgy??? :dohh: think he ight be trying to tell me something? Thank god i had already reg on here. lol

Hmm.... I called my DH "squidgy" once and one of his football mates overheard - he never lived it down!

welcome gem! i also have to get my bmi below 35 for clomid but below 30 for ivf on nhs!

just discovered my ov results were pretty dire at a level of approx 7! should be >15....

pos is boring and just calls me "wife"! my ex used to call me munchkin...yuk!

helloo!

I too have regular cycles but they are 38 days+. Im not overweight have a BMI if around 23 but i struggle to keep weight off and get a really big 6months pregnant looking belly later on in my cycle could that be the pcos??

I have always described my belly weight as looking I was pregnant. I dont have rolls, or a B belly, or any jiggliness really.....just a round belly. Abdominal weight is a symptom.
As is things like skin tags, more than normal facial and belly hair, patches of darker skin in areas like the thighs, neck anc vulva, acne and then of course the long/irregular cycles

Can I join in please?

I was told that I had PCOS and the FS put me on metformin : (((( and told me to come back once I had got my BMI under 35 : ((((((

Gem

My doctor told me it would be good if I were to lose 20lb, but she was fine prescribing me Metformin at a BMI of 42.....of course she agrees with me that BMIs are not accurate for me and the lowest I can probably get to is a BMI of 28

pos is boring and just calls me "wife"! my ex used to call me munchkin...yuk!

DH and I just call each other "babe" not very creative either

welcome gem! i also have to get my bmi below 35 for clomid but below 30 for ivf on nhs!

just discovered my ov results were pretty dire at a level of approx 7! should be >15....

I asked if she would prescribe Provera, as I am desperate to have a period, Havent had one since 2001 :cry:, but was ignored, she wants to see how I get on with the Metformin and with that she discharged me fromt eh clinc and once I get my BMI below 25 I have to be refered back to her :cry:

So I am still cramping in the left ovary region today.
I am not used to this and unsure if this is normal after O.....
I never feel O pain

So I am still cramping in the left ovary region today.
I am not used to this and unsure if this is normal after O.....
I never feel O pain

I suffer with back pain, but not quiet sure what is going on down there to be honest :wacko:

That's crap r&g I would see someone else Hun, I am on metformin but I am lucky and already have regular cycles. I really hope something gets sorted :hugs:

@dm there are two different measures depending on clinics, one says greater than 15 other says greater than 30. Mine was measured on the 30 scale it was 25. If I convert it for the other scale then it's a value of 7 :growlmad: got to wait for gynae to contact me.

I get cramps in my ovaries throughout the month and have concluded that it's the cysts? X

I have PCOS and am on metformin and start clomid today my dr said nothing about my BMI which is 51.6 used to be 58.1... so I am confused as to why they are making that a issue with you guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->