PCOS Club!

Hi, can I join please?

I was diagnosed with pcos in December, it wasn't a shock as I've known I've had it for many years due to having all of the symptoms.

We've been ttc for 18 months now, with no luck. I only have a period every 4 or 5 months, so our chances are very few and far between.

I'm having a laparoscopy and dye test on 21st July, hopefully my chances will be better after this.. x

NEED HELP.... ok so all you ladies on clomid just so you know BIG TMI coming up....so when I went to the bathroom not to long ago had a ball of clots come out like the size of the palm of my hand seriously the entire toilet paper was covered in huge clots is this from the clomid.. I always have clots but not like this kinda freaking out not in pain though

i am so happy i found this thread!!!!
i was diagnosed with pcos in 2007 and was devistated...
i too am over weigth along with other things such as the hairy chin part..
my periods were severly irregular up until last september then they just became regular... how.. i have no idea.. buuut anyways the bf and i have been trying to conceive since february but haven't gotten any luck a few late days but nothing..
hoping this may be my month considering i should have started on the 1st and havent so much as spotting except for about a week after ov.

good luck to all you ladies going through treatments right now along with you's trying to conceive...baby dust to all

Welcome aero and roxy :hi:

cami I am not too sure about the clots, maybe post on the ltttc forum or on clomid club as ladies there might be able to help!

Roxy- I love campers and one of my dreams is to get one!

That's crap r&g I would see someone else Hun, I am on metformin but I am lucky and already have regular cycles. I really hope something gets sorted :hugs:

@dm there are two different measures depending on clinics, one says greater than 15 other says greater than 30. Mine was measured on the 30 scale it was 25. If I convert it for the other scale then it's a value of 7 :growlmad: got to wait for gynae to contact me.

I get cramps in my ovaries throughout the month and have concluded that it's the cysts? X

I am swtartiung to think I should use my hubbys private medical and go via that to get things moveing, as surly it isnt health to not have a period for so long. :cry:

OMG i have never even felt ov pain, dont think i would know what it feels like, :shrug:

R&G2007 - i cant believe they wont give you provera to get your cycle started!! :huh: its only fair yourself if you have some kind of idea where u are. sometimes it feels as if they just try to waste time, unfortunatly.

Will the metformin bring on af? sorry to sound dumb, i never had that.

As for the pet name thing, im sure DH cant remember mine, thats why he makes them up all the time :wacko:

I started Metformin back in April and have lost 13lbs but it still isnt enough, nothing has happened or started yet. Metformin is suppose to even out your insulin levels. I just keep hoping that it will happen soon.

Diagnosed with pcos and no explanation as to y besides maybe a little over weight lost 15 pounds the beginning of the yr keeping it off no change just started ttc this is our 1st month, how long into the ttc process do u wait until u seek help w/ meds anything to help w/ ovulation? The hardest part of all this for me is learning to patient because by nature I am very inpatient ! Thank u :)

Bumski - Hello! :) I have never got my palms read before, but good news is always nice! Just don't take it like the TRUTH, I would take it like "Wow, that's nice,...." but that's it....

How did you conceive your first one with PCOS?

@ r&g I would definately go private if you have that option Hun it will be alot quicker and also good to get a second opinion. It's soooo not fair on you having to wait.

@mandy :hi: hi and welcome. Has your doc tested that you ovulate? Due to the pcos j would ask him to run the basic bloods x

No problem ladies, glad to share. After my Austin was born, literally right after, I had a c-section with him and when they took him out they ended up taking my left ovary and fallopian tube cause I had a 9cm cyst on it the whole pregnancy. Suuuuuuucks. Good luck to everyone!!

::dust::

Hey everyone!!!
:wave: to all the new joiners

I am having a strong feeling that my "O" pain didnt result in O after all......my temps dropped back down to coverline and seem to be hovering there :(

Hi cheerios, to be honest i dont have a clue where my DD came from (apart from the obvious):dohh: I was 17 when i fell pregnant and had no idea.
I had started a relationship with her dad and doctor had told me i needed to start AF before starting bcp,i never had regular AF and after 3 months into relationship i went bk to the doctor. she examined me and told me to do hpt, I went to tesco and did one in the toilets, much to my suprise i was pg. :baby: absolutely terrified as i still lived with mum. Turned out i was 8 weeks. my little miracle.
I used bcp for 6 months after she was born but it made me have constant AF so i came off it. I have never used bcp since then and always had AF about every 4-6 months. I got married 3 yrs ago and i knew then something was wrong so bk to the doctors for tests etc, found out i have pcos and dont ov, iv tried clomid last year with no ov, had hsg, which is clear, now having ovarian drilling on fri. if that doesnt work it game over for us as we cant afford ivf private.:cry: Feel auful because it will mean my DH never has his own child, he is amazing dad to my DD but feel its my fault. so fx. xx

Hey bumski
Thanks SO much for sharing your story! And for being sooo real! That's one thing I really like about BnB, people are so open and real here.

I don't think all is lost though. Cos firstly its obvious you got pregnant without any fertility help, so it could definitely happen again. Secondly, Clomid is just one of many ovulation / fertility drugs.... I know at least 2 girls on BnB for whom Clomid did nothing for them, but they got PG on injectables, like Gonal-F, both of whom have PCOS too.... Thirdly, you're still young and very "conceivable"! I think you're 27? That means we're the same age! So yeah, there's still LOTS of hope dear!

Also, what's ovarian drilling? The term sounds scary and painful???! **fingers crossed and prayers for a smooth ovarian drilling***

monring all!

well af has started to show her face for me, not that i am surprised considering test results are indication i probably didnt ov anyway.

how annoying re your temps ridley :hugs: i seem to get pain constantly in my left ovary yet my trans vag showed my right one to be worse!

have a good day ladies xx

ineedaseed - Hey, on the bright side, your AF came on its own! No long cycles, no Provera to kick start your cycle! That's great news! Now, you're on to a brand new cycle! :) New start, new hopes!

Cheerios - hi, :wave: ovarian drilling is where they burn holes in your ovaries (apparantly where the cysts are) and this reduces the testosterone so helping kick start ov.
They do it through keyhole and i will be out the same day. iv read lots of poss thing about it, apparantly its as successful as injectables but no risk of multiples. also if clomid didnt work before this there is a good chance that you respond to it after OD. so fx :thumbup:

ineedaseed - sorry to hear you have started AF, always a bummer, onto brand new cycle for you. I always think its one more AF closer to your :bfp: Good luck this month :hugs:

bumski,
Hey I had the OD done at the beging of the year. And after that I started going to a herblist which is what my RE said to do. Well any ways the herblist put me on EPO-Evening Primrose Oil. Girl let me tell you it works like a charm. I O on my own now. Although I did have to wait about three months to start taking it. But it helps with so many of PCOS's problems. Like ance, high blood pressure, ovulation, hairstum etc..
Sorry I now sound like a sales woman but I am not. I was giving you some tips that the ovarian drilling works. I have not got pregnant yet, but I am not ruling this month out either. Good Luck.

Thanks redrose, I agree epo helped me although at the time I thought it made me ov later but now maybe not. My skin felt better and I certainly saw a difference!

Cheerios I am lucky that af comes bang on time, unfortunately I suffer from hideous pain and heavy flow but I know I am not the only one with that! September gynae appt can't come quick enough for me to be honest!

I heard good things in regard to the drilling, fingers crossed ladies! X

Just asking, is anybody on Metformin here?

I've been on Metformin for 3 months and have been taking 2,000mg Metformin for the past 2 months. Thing is, I feel much better and don't feel any side effects anymore except for the still having diarrhoea / loose stools everyday. I dunno if that's part and parcel of Metformin but I thought that 3 mths should be enough time for the side effects to stop? I'll definitely talk about this to my FS, but just thought I would ask around here too.

Bumski - I see.... I suppose they recommend this if you have cysts? My gynae told me that she didn't see any cysts in my ovaries, but bloodwork showed that I have PCOS. So I think I have PCOS from hormones but not the cysts...dunno if that makes any sense...

Cheerios I am on 2000mg of met and still getting the runny stools too I think it is part of it!
Yep you can have pco or just the syndrome or both!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->