PCOS Club!

OMG i have never even felt ov pain, dont think i would know what it feels like, :shrug:

R&G2007 - i cant believe they wont give you provera to get your cycle started!! :huh: its only fair yourself if you have some kind of idea where u are. sometimes it feels as if they just try to waste time, unfortunatly.

Will the metformin bring on af? sorry to sound dumb, i never had that.

As for the pet name thing, im sure DH cant remember mine, thats why he makes them up all the time :wacko:

metformin does not bring on af but helps to regulate hormones in people with PCOS so as to regulate your cycle mine went from being anywhere from 30-50 days to 26 every month for the last 6 months..

Hi girls - happy I found you! Mind if I join? I have pcos too - diagnosed about 13 years ago...came off BCP 6 years ago and had miraculous BFP Dec just gone but scan at 6 weeks showed a blighted ovum! So had to have D and C to remove it! Gutted!! Back to it now after our wedding last month and due to have ovarian drilling in Sept. Tried clomid but it didnt work xx

Another newbie to the thread,.. me and DH have been TTC for over three years. Finally managed to get referred for IVF back in Feb only to be refused funding three days after signing the referral. Ended up going private and was diagnosed with PCOS in May, when going for a pre-treatment scan. Been on 850mg Metformin, twice a day. Had a bit of an upset stomach the first week but seem fine now. Sooooo p'd off that no one picked up on it sooner... Anyways, just finished a Long Protocol of ICSI, had ET last Friday and I'm almost half way through my 2WW... 9 days until I can test

Hi ladies,

I'm new to b&b...do you mind if I join the thread too? Diagnosed with PCOS 13 years ago (although some confusion). Came off BCP 2 years ago. Not had period since, finally got all tests to actually confirm earlier this year, and referred to gyno.

DH going for sperm test next week (fingers crossed all ok!!!), and then Ive got my next appointmnet in Aug when Im hopefully going to try Clomid.

Been feeling really down recently as it feels like the whole world is getting pregnant, and feels like a long way off for me!! Would be great to be able to chat to you ladies who are in the same position.

x x x x

welcome kstan and tickledpink!
congrats tickledpink on being PUPO :yipee:
kstan sorry to hear about your loss :hugs:
af is hanging in the wings....so annoying!! xxx

welcome mariella!
totally agree, everyone around me seems preggers too! and they all say how easy it is, except for the ladies who i meet here in ltttc. hope hubbys sa comes back fine xx

:hi: Hi girls! I'd like to join. I have PCOS, which was just diagnosed the beginning of June after my lap. The lap revealed a film over my ovaries which is a tell-tale sign of PCOS. I also have irregular cycles (40-72 days or so), dark patches of skin on my inner thigh, a little hair on my lower abdomin, and very low progesterone (less than 1). My BMI is around 22, which is not typical for PCOS. My Dr. was very surprised that I actually had it. I've tried Clomid and IUI's. Now, I am moving on to IVF.

Sending hugs and dust your way! :hugs: :dust:

Thanks ineedaseed :thumbup: It is sooo frustrating, couple of people at work have got pregnant 'by accident!!!' how!?!? :dohh:

Wishing all you ladies lots of luck and hopefully we can keep each other feeling positive on here...

My friend was ttc for 3 years with pcos and now has 2 gorgeous little girls which I always try keep in my head!

x x

welcome bizzy! :hi:
there are lots of success stories from ladies with pcos, its just a matter of them tinkering with our hormones a little to get the balance right! xx

Hey BizyBee,

my doc didnt think I had it either as have BMI of 24, and a little extra hair but dark skin so pretty normal...

When are you starting your IVF?

wow so many more people!! YAY.....hopefully we wont be here long

WELCOME :)

happy saturday to you all, hope your having a good day! xx

happy sat to u too, having a lazy day today, watching titanic with a brew. how sad am i? this film ever gets boring for me sshhhh.:blush:
house ork later:winkwink:

c feeling lazy i keep missing letters out. oops:dohh:

i am desperate to go out and hubby is just dithering around driving me mad....

Af got me! :(
BUT.... its my first non medicated af for as long as I can remember - im presuming because its the first time ive ov'd as im on Clomid?

Back to the Clomid tonight, not looking forward to the headaches :(

Im now off to judge a dog show so chat later!
Have a good day girls x x

Hey girls, can I join?

I got PCOS too.... am currently on 2,000mg Metformin which has regulated my cycles for the last 3 months, still not the same length of time, but last cycle was 30 days so I'm hoping it will stay that way. Hubby is going for a sperm check next week and we're not supposed to BD from now until next Tuesday. **bummer** cos I think it might be my "fertile" window if I do ovulate this cycle.

I'm also moving on to Clomid once my next AF comes and I hope to somehow get insurance coverage for the follicle scans.... quite irritating why its not covered at my gynae.

But here's baby dust to us all!!! :) Great that there's a club for PCOS members now.

Hi Cheerios :wave: welcome.

well, I have just got of the phone to my mum who is in france on hol, she said she has met a french guy who reads palms and he read hers for her. he has told her i will have a baby girl :pink: next year :happydance:
Anyone else had their palms read or anything like that? and how true was it?
Gotta dream aint we xx

Hello, can I join the posse?!

I am 35 and am on CD12 of my first go at Clomid (which I took days 2-6). Been doing OPKs since CD8 and still getting a neg result. I don;t know whether to trust the OPKs as all day today I've been getting sharp jabbing pains in my lower abdomen and general periody pain. We've decided to also do the following to help the clomid along:

:winkwink: Pre-seed (always a passion killer to disappear into the bathroom to shoot that stuff up!!)...
:thumbup: A Boots cough mixture which has that Guisan-something or other in it to thin the CM so that the :spermy: can have a lovely swim in the right direction...
:shrug: Sperm-Meets-Egg-Plan

Has anyone else had neg OPKs but pains that could be OV? Not having really ovulated before I don't know if that is what the pains definitely are!

thanks

Vee

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"