PCOS Club!

Welcome TennisGal,

I hate the way PCOS mess with your head as well not to metion the stuff it does to your body. If it was me I would start ASAP as well cause having PCOS can take a while to get pg. I have been TTC for four years now. and there are others that have been TTC for longer so it really depends on the person and the help they get from there doctor.

hello ladies :flower:

Wow, Courtney - you were right about most of us being so close in our cycles :wacko: It's great!!

How are you feeling Clomid-wise? any side effects yet?

Nothing for me yet. I feel absolutely peachy and even the moodiness is gone (which hubby is definitely enjoying :winkwink:)

we've been BD'ing every other day since CD 6 and plan to continue until CD 18 and then we'll see. What I have noticed is that hubs is A LOT more interested and involved this cycle. He actually makes sure I raise my legs afterwards :haha: and remembers when the next BD is due !!!!!

Maria- Yes, I have been experiencing side effects. My worst one this cycle is the headaches/migraines! They are so horrible that I take 600mg of ibuprofen every 3 to 4 hours and I hardly ever take pills for headaches since I can usually handle them! I have also had a few hot flashes, but I always happen to be in air conditioning when they come on :haha:

Quaver- I know this might be personal, but have you been BDing? I see that you did about 5 days ago, but it doesn't look like anything since then. I know that your DH has semen issues, but wouldn't every 2 days be ok?

Hi ladies,

well, CD11 for me and I got another smiley on Clearblue Digi. But I keep thinking it's a false positive or my LH is just through the roof again :cry: Although Ive never had a smiley on these tests before even when First Response was clearly positive :shrug:

The second line on the stick isn't as dark as the control so Im doubtful...What do you girls think?
Also, if it is a true positive, when would you BD? We did yesterday and were planning to BD again tomorrow....Ill do another opk tomorrow and see how it comes out.

Attachments

• test1.jpg
    test1.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 10
  • test2.jpg
    test2.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 14
Quaver- I know this might be personal, but have you been BDing? I see that you did about 5 days ago, but it doesn't look like anything since then. I know that your DH has semen issues, but wouldn't every 2 days be ok?
We did BD on Friday (CD12) but nothing came out so I didn't mark it.
Every 2 days is impossible, couldn't even do every 3 days:blush:
I might ask the doc for v i a g r a next time I see him.

So by that explanation, I am guessing that DH not only has problems with semen, but also with erection. I'm curious why they would give you Clomid without giving DH something to help too. Unless of course he is on something too.

I'm assuming you will be BDing tomorrow then? If so, I REALLY hope you will O then too and everything else will fall into place (semen, etc.). FX'd for you hun :hugs:

Hi ladies,

well, CD11 for me and I got another smiley on Clearblue Digi. But I keep thinking it's a false positive or my LH is just through the roof again :cry: Although Ive never had a smiley on these tests before even when First Response was clearly positive :shrug:

The second line on the stick isn't as dark as the control so Im doubtful...What do you girls think?
Also, if it is a true positive, when would you BD? We did yesterday and were planning to BD again tomorrow....Ill do another opk tomorrow and see how it comes out.

This is what mine looked like when I used them. I know I read somewhere that you are not supposed to look at the lines on the Clearblue digitals. So my guess is that the first smiley you got was due to Clomid and this one would be due to LH surge before O.

As for BDing, I would do it tonight if DH is normal. And if you get another + tomorrow, then I would BD tomorrow too. If DH is not normal, I would stick with the plan for doing it again tomorrow.

So by that explanation, I am guessing that DH not only has problems with semen, but also with erection. I'm curious why they would give you Clomid without giving DH something to help too. Unless of course he is on something too.

I'm assuming you will be BDing tomorrow then? If so, I REALLY hope you will O then too and everything else will fall into place (semen, etc.). FX'd for you hun :hugs:

I agree with Courtney, hun. My Dr said that ideally everything else should be checked before putting you on Clomid (like tubes and sperm). However, because we've not been ttc a year DH can't have SA yet :nope: So we did this sophisticated home test which gave us hope that he's OK - but we still don't know for sure.

Still, if you BD'ed on CD12, in theory swimmers should survive for 48 hours so I think you'll be OK until CD15. Best of luck :hugs:

Thanks, Courtney :flower:

So your second line didn't get as dark as the control either? Do you know for sure that you ovulated that cycle?
Today was 5 days since stopping Clomid so Im hoping it wasn't the drug causing the smiley face...
Ill just have to wait and see the temp rise. Even if it doesn't lead to BFP, Ill be over the moon if Clomid simply worked!!!
One step at a time, hey??!!:winkwink:

Are you doing OPKs yet?

Well ladies I am back in the game agian I guess. I am on Cd1 so I will start SI in two days. I will keep my fingures crossed for you. I hope everyone gets there BFP this month but if not I would love to see a few of us get one.

Thanks, Courtney :flower:

So your second line didn't get as dark as the control either? Do you know for sure that you ovulated that cycle?
Today was 5 days since stopping Clomid so Im hoping it wasn't the drug causing the smiley face...
Ill just have to wait and see the temp rise. Even if it doesn't lead to BFP, Ill be over the moon if Clomid simply worked!!!
One step at a time, hey??!!:winkwink:

Are you doing OPKs yet?

No, I'm not going to use OPKs since I will be getting an ultrasound on CD13 or CD14 this cycle. I'm REALLY hoping that I will have some mature follicles by then so that I can get my hcg shot. My husband keeps teasing me because the hcg shot runs an even higher risk of multiples. So he thinks that we are going to have twins or more lol. To be honest, I would be happy with that, but I don't think that I would want to stop with just two then. I planned on two children, but I wanted to experience pregnancy twice too. I guess only time will tell.

Well ladies I am back in the game agian I guess. I am on Cd1 so I will start SI in two days. I will keep my fingures crossed for you. I hope everyone gets there BFP this month but if not I would love to see a few of us get one.

Hey RR....we seem to be cycle buddies this month. I am on CD 2 right now

HOPEFULLY the SI works for you!!! keeping in FX'd for you

I have been MIA for a while.....visiting family and going to the cottage.
How is everyone doing right now??

I am now at the beginning of cycle 11 (month 14)
I am working on my weight a little more seriously (as its hard when I am on vacations so much this summer). If my weight doesnt change much then I will talk to my doctor about what to do next.

I have had a couple job interviews this week which have medical benefits after 90 days. So if my DH doesnt get his job back next month (that has benefits) then I will have to wait the 90 days before I get any meds to help because I am kinda broke.

R&G - wow! It's great news that Metformin's working for you! I'd probably give it a couple of months before going back for said:
I am using an application on my iphone called Iperiod and it has estimated that I should ovulate between the 24th and the 29th August so I am going to double check and use my clear blue ovulation kit on the 20th, 24th and 26th just to make sure :thumbup:

Well, ladies - I spoke to soon about lack of side effects :nope: The hot flashes and headaches started :cry:

I had my first one yesterday and it felt horrible!

BBT still low. Im praying it will rise this week [-o<

Took my last Clomid pill last night! :thumbup: I didn't really have any major symptoms--I tended to get a mild headache in the afternoons and I had a major hot flash in the middle of the night yesterday.

We start BDing every other day starting Friday! My doctor said to do it for a week and we should be pretty much covered. Of course, we've already gotten a head start :winkwink:

I've been very bad about taking my temperture in the morning--I keep forgetting! I did it when we first started TTCing and I was so good but now I just can't seem to get back into the swing of things. :nope: It didn't help that last week I was on a work trip and was in a different time zone. I think that was enough to mess my whole chart up!

Though reading some of these posts have me a bit worried--is it normal to have an HSG to rule out a blocked tube before starting Clomid? My doctor said that if we don't get PG by the third month of using Clomid (taking into account that I'm ovulating, of course), then she'd perform an HSG and also a SA test. But it seems to be the consensus on here that you usually do that first? :shrug:

Yeah I had to have a HSG and my OH had to have a SA before being allowed Clomid. My tubes were clear and SA was told he is a Stallion lol so fingers crossed Clomid works for us!

Lady - my gynae thinks it's pointless to put someone on quite strong hormones (i.e. Clomid) if the tubes are blocked - hence I had the HSG. BUT! I was very reluctant to have the procedure done. Normally, you need to have some reason to expect blocked tubes - like an infection or an STD which could cause the blockage.
I had no such reason and didn't want to put my body through the stress of HSG. But gynae was quite pushy and now Im glad I had it done. But if I were you, I wouldn't worry about it yet!

I hate hot flashes - don't you :wacko: Are you using OPKs?

Im also having mild cramps down there...oh, the joys of Clomid :winkwink:

Lady - my gynae thinks it's pointless to put someone on quite strong hormones (i.e. Clomid) if the tubes are blocked - hence I had the HSG. BUT! I was very reluctant to have the procedure done. Normally, you need to have some reason to expect blocked tubes - like an infection or an STD which could cause the blockage.
I had no such reason and didn't want to put my body through the stress of HSG. But gynae was quite pushy and now Im glad I had it done. But if I were you, I wouldn't worry about it yet!

I hate hot flashes - don't you :wacko: Are you using OPKs?

Im also having mild cramps down there...oh, the joys of Clomid :winkwink:

I had every other test known to man done except for the HSG. I had the wet test to check for STDs, the bloodwork to check hormone levels, a pap to check for abnormalities, an ultrasound to check out my uterus and ovaries, and a glucose test. My doctor said she didn't want to put me through any other tests until we've tried on Clomid for a bit :shrug:

Oh well, I hope it works! DH is already talking about getting a 'head start' on BDing! :blush:

I hate hot flashes! Last night was miserable. I had two fans running, the AC on full blast, and I was lying in the middle of the bed without covers or pajamas and I couldn't cool down!!! I am not looking forward to menopause in 20 odd years.

I'll probably use OPKs because I have them! Though my doctor said I didn't need to use them, just to BD every other day. So I'm going to use them just so I can POAS, but I'm going to follow doctor's orders.

I didn't have HSG either. Had blood tests and ultrasounds.

My mum had mc'd her 2nd baby (still born 6 month), and after that she found out her tubes were blocked. I wonder if mc can cause the tubes to get blocked?:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->