PCOS Club!

Hey ladies is it too late to join your girls over here?!

I'm T'elle :) 22 and been ttc for 4 years sept. I have been diagnosed with PCOS in may this year. xxx

Welcom T'elle- You are more then welcome to join us.

Thank you hun! i have been reading up on pcos, but im such a pickle at the moment im struggling so much and my doctors just do not want to help me ! :( xxx

T'elle you will find that out. Must of what I have learned has been from my own research and many many many hours at the medical library at school. I have done so much research I al most feel like a doctor. Most doctors wont help you out right away. But then you get those that will help you out the moment you find out. I hope you get some relieve soon did they tell what form of PCOS you had was it insulin resistants or hormonal. There are different meds for both.

Redrose27 i was diagnosed with PCOS a while ago even before we were TTC. I have never been told which type i have. I have had blood test done but all they did was just confirm i had it and not that they were different kinds. I have a FS appointment on the 17th is this something i should be asking about? I haven't been given any meds relating to my PCOS yet

If you were not put on metforim then I would say that you have the hormonal type and not the insulin resistants type. Like I said before most doctors don't know for sure if there are different types. It is something I have come accrossed a study in a book while at Vanderbuilt Unveristy's Medical Library. They were saying that they think there are two different types of PCOS due to the fact that with blood work some women have the insulin in there blood and others don't and they are just strickly hormonal. They were more facts to back this up I would be happy to go get the book and make copies of the study if you would like me to. I could cut and paste it here or something.

Thanks very much for the offer. I will ask my FS about this at my appointment and hope she can give me some answers rather than you going to the trouble of getting the book x

You know what I just realized ladies? Almost all of us are REALLY close in our cycles! If you look back at all the posts and look at the FF charts, most of us range from CD2 to CD10.

I have heard that women who are around each other quite a bit tend to have their periods synchronize, but to have us all within a few days of each other is strange. I mean, we are from all over the world and yet, somehow, we found each other and we are all almost synchronized!

Maybe I am just a wacko :wacko: and notice things like that :shrug:

Leave it to me to be the weirdo in this group :haha:

BTW, how is everyone doing? :hugs:

Lol Courtney! You are totally right!

I'm having all sorts of drama going on... Still no side effects which worries me. And today (CD7!!!) I got a smiley face on the Clearblue Digi, but the second line wasn't as dark as control when I ejected the stick :( so it was probably a fluke :( Still, was good to see that smiley face :)

How are you? How's Clomid going?

Lol Courtney! You are totally right!

I'm having all sorts of drama going on... Still no side effects which worries me. And today (CD7!!!) I got a smiley face on the Clearblue Digi, but the second line wasn't as dark as control when I ejected the stick :( so it was probably a fluke :( Still, was good to see that smiley face :)

How are you? How's Clomid going?

I am doing ok, thanks. I started a new job last week, so that is why I haven't been around too much the last few days. I am absolutely exhausted! I am glad though, because with two jobs now, I don't have much time to dwell on my cycle. I just take my temp in the mornings, go to work, come home, enter my temp from the morning and then take the time to relax before bed.

So far I haven't had too many hot flashes while on the Clomid. And I am surprised as to the length and severity of my flow. Normally, my flow is super heavy for about 5 days and goes for a total of 7 days. This cycle, my flow was only heavy for about 2 days! I am currently on CD6 and still spotting, but I assume I will be done tomorrow.

As far as your OPK, I am not sure. I have taken the Clearblue ones too and had the same result as you did and ended up ovulating soon after. But if you took your Clomid CD2-6, then I would assume that your OPK is a false positive due to PCOS. Now I am not saying that it couldn't happen, but it seems far too early. The reason I say that is because, you really wouldn't ovulate until 5 to 10 days after your last Clomid pill which was yesterday. So if I were you, I would expect O between the 15th and 20th. But it wouldn't hurt to BD just in case.

You know when I think about it, I actually didn't get a + smiley on my CB ones last cycle...which makes sense since I didn't O. I wonder if the CB OPK's are more reliable for those of us with PCOS. They seemed to be for me since I O'd every time when I got a positive on them, but I didn't get a + this last cycle and I didn't O either...even when I got positives on others.

Oh, and I forgot to mention something at the end of my last long-winded post. I just happened to call around today to all of the Dr's offices that I have been to in the past few years and try to see if I could get copies of my test results. I thought that it would at least take me a couple of days...I totally did not expect to be able to pick them up within a few hours! So now I am going to sit down and read through them all to see what is really going on :thumbup: I can't believe how easy that was! :haha:

Son of an F'ing biscuit!!!!!! :hissy: My husband's best friend just told me that him and his girlfriend might be expecting :sad2: He told me that they will know for sure on Friday...when I go in for my FS appointment. Why the hell does this kind of sh*t happen to me? I finally start getting hope back and WHACK, a pile of sh*t gets thrown in my face! And to make it worse, they have only been dating for 6 months.

Oh girls....why? I just don't understand :cry:

Courtney- I can't belive that. That is such crap.

Well I have a question for all of you. I got my blood work back from doctor today and they told me my levels were 5.2 which doesn't sound right to me I think they gave me estrodal levels instead of progesterone levels. Can any of you ladies shed some light on this. My doctor wont be back in the office until next tuesday which sucks butt.

Red - what are these levels of? Progesterone? when do you think you ovulated? I thought it was only recently so if the test was for progesterone - it was probably taken too early after your ovulation...

Courtney - do you remember what the lines on the stick looked like when you ejected them after getting yout smiley? I repeated the test again last night (this is costing me a fortune!!!!) and again a smiley face - and this time the second line was even darker, but still not as dark as control. I think tonight it may be even darker and tomorrow a true positive? Tomorrow is CD9 and if I get a true positive OPK then ovulation can be around CD11 - exactly 5 days after last Clomid...:shrug:

I have tried Clearblue Digis before and like I said they seem to work for me - as it they were never positive before when First Response where clearly positive!! FR's must be a lot more sensitive then and we don't want that :haha:

Enjoy studying your blood results! I got hold of mine too - my LH:FSH ratio was 4:1 :cry:

Yes they checked my progesterone levels but when the lab runs progesterone they also check estrodal levels which is bacisally the same I think :blush:. I wont know for sure until my doctor gets back in her office on tuesday. I got the results from the nurse. I think I was only 6DPO or maybe even 5 DPO which would make since. Oh well I guess I will test tom and if negative then it is on to the next cycle.

Well I have a question for all of you. I got my blood work back from doctor today and they told me my levels were 5.2 which doesn't sound right to me I think they gave me estrodal levels instead of progesterone levels. Can any of you ladies shed some light on this. My doctor wont be back in the office until next tuesday which sucks butt.

hello :flower: I get my progesterone levels taken once a month. My doctor explained it this way: Anything over 3 is good. Over three means you most likely ovulated. My doctor likes to see the progesterone level at or above 10. My progesterone this past cycle was 9.5. Hope that helped you in some way... :hugs:

Red - I think progesterone is only informative from 7DPO so your result may actually be good news :thumbup:

I have the mystery of my positive OPK solved - Clomid can give flase positives if OPK is taken too soon after stopping Clomid! And yesterday was only day 1 since my last pill!!! So as always Im running ahead of the steam train :haha:

Will wait till tomorrow and start testing again then :thumbup:

Red - I think progesterone is only informative from 7DPO so your result may actually be good news :thumbup:

I have the mystery of my positive OPK solved - Clomid can give flase positives if OPK is taken too soon after stopping Clomid! And yesterday was only day 1 since my last pill!!! So as always Im running ahead of the steam train :haha:

I think you are supposed to leave 3 days after taking the last pill:flower:
Mine was negative on the day after my last pill though:sleep:

I think you are supposed to leave 3 days after taking the last pill:flower:
Mine was negative on the day after my last pill though:sleep:

Yeah, Ive been told that...but Im soooo impatient :blush: It's back to negative today!

How about you? you are 3 days ahead of me - any luck with OPKs yet?

Courtney- I can't belive that. That is such crap.

I know Red. It broke my heart to hear that they might be expecting so soon :cry:

But anyway, as far as your Progesterone level, I'm not sure how to interpret it. I just got copies of my lab results from my first visit to the doctor that told me I had PCOS and it actually has reference ranges for most of the tests...including LH, FSH, and Progesterone. According to my sheet, 5.2 is considered luteal phase to mid-luteal phase. One of my tests that I had done a few months ago came back at 5.0 and only a few hours after the blood had been drawn, I started my period! So all I can assume is that you are definitely in your luteal phase. After looking at your chart, I am thinking that you did not ovulate :nope: and that this is going to be an annovulatory cycle. Are you thinking of upping your dose of SI for this next cycle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->